• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2: Real-Emergence Thread of Cubed Meat - HD Gameplay up!

Aladuf

Banned
2a9qiw5.gif

* Thanks to m0dus for this epic banner!

Here’s our thread to talk and hype about all the things leading up to Gears of War 2. The masses spoke in the thread about the Gears of War 2 footage and we wanted to have our hype/news thread of CUBED MEAT GLORY! :D
* Of course, as new stuff is revealed I’ll keep the OP updated.

News:

-The first MP footage is up now! Thanks to lybertyboy for the Filefront mirrors:
Filefront mirrors:

Quicktime

WMV

Gears of War 2 Media

Gears of War 2 Debut Teaser SD
Gears of War 2 Debut Teaser HD
GDC 2008 Gears 2 Announcement SD
GDC 2008 Gears 2 Announcement HD
GDC 2008 Unreal Engine 3 Tech Demo SD
GDC 2008 Unreal Engine 3 Tech Demo HD
5/9 Media - The Gameplay is here!
Debut Gameplay HD, Gamevideos.com
Debut Gameplay SD
Debut Gameplay HD
Gametrailers Gears 1 vs. Gears 2 Comparison SD
Gametrailers Gears 1 vs. Gears 2 Comparison HD
Gametrailers Pop Block: Gears of War 2 HD
Gears of War 2 'Assault Analysis' HD
Gears of War 2 'Assault Gameplay' HD
* Filefront links to the Gears 2 'Assault Analysis' video and 'Assault Gameplay' video are the links below
Filefront- 'Assault Analysis'
Filefront- 'Assault Gameplay'
* The Gameplay is now available on the XBLM
NEW!-Amazing Screenshots from the Gameplay video * Thanks to Blimblim for posting these in the MS Event thread.

2vxixc9.jpg

rup8jd.jpg

96z2nb.jpg

*Thanks to Skilotonn for these, they were posted by him in the Gears 2 Game Informer thread
fmi96o.jpg

Info:

5/23- First Details Regarding Gears of War 2 Multiplayer
Gears 2 is scheduled and on track to be released this November
New- Cliff confirmed that multiplayer will be 5 vs. 5 now, more maps than Gears 1 will be available off the bat, and many new game modes.
Important information from Game Informer article

From here down is all done by m0dus:

First, generic avatar:

2wbw19d.gif

Here's the SUPERHUGE high-res version for people who can shrink it down better than I could: DOWNLOAD
here. I do this because I know there are people out there who are better at optimizing these gifs than me.

Here is a version if people want to 'cubify' their own avatars for some reason:
zuo0pl.gif

vragd2.jpg

* Props to m0dus for making this image, and props to Proelite for the idea of it

11b2l2b.gif

h3ro

Can't wait!

Dark FaZe said:
oh snap.

So I guess the internet is the quickest place to catch the footage? Nothing airing on tv tonight?

GameTrailers TV will have footage on Spike.

GhaleonEB

Should be great. I'm hoping the footage is a good demonstration of how the game has evolved since the first, in scale, gameplay, the works.

bryehn

Good thread. I never got around to playing Gears, but I'm excited about the new footage on XBL tomorrow...

Aladuf

Banned
m0dus said:
go ahead and put it in the OP., then I'll remove it from mine.

and c'mon, give me some love! Avatars by yours truly, etc etc? :)

Image added and props given, thanks again for all the stuff man. This thread looks as great as it does because of you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
map grenades to a separate button ala modern games... P-lease! make them a much more useful and intricate part of the cover-and-fire game play!

Pai Pai Master said:
Please please please play just like the first one....

...with a party system and no glitchers.

Who am I kidding, they could ship a Cube of Meat with Questionable Origins and I'd buy it.

Aladuf

Banned
gregor7777 said:
...with a party system and no glitchers.

Who am I kidding, they could ship a Cube of Meat with Questionable Origins and I'd buy it.

That would be fucking awesome.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When I met the guys from Epic prior to the launch of Gears, I immediately sensed a real sense of pride in their efforts and it definitely showed in the final product. I eagerly await this video just to see where they have taken the franchise. While I likely won't be able to play Gears 2 when it comes out, this does not change my love for Gears of War nor does it make me less likely to to be a huge fan of their work. Can't wait for the video.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Guys -- Enjoy the footage tonight! It looks fantastic. Very epic scale. And kudos to Epic and MGS for putting out such a "meaty" gameplay clip. 2 minutes in high-definition.

You can watch it at 1 AM Eastern or 10 PM Pacific (if you have Spike on DirecTV).

Geoff

geoffmk said:
Guys -- Enjoy the footage tonight! It looks fantastic. Very epic scale. And kudos to Epic and MGS for putting out such a "meaty" gameplay clip. 2 minutes in high-definition.

You can watch it at 1 AM Eastern or 10 PM Pacific (if you have Spike on DirecTV).

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. I'll probably watch it on Spike and GT.com multiple times.

Epic scale? O snapple cakes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just checked it out... that cube.gif is 101 pictures, holy shit.

golem

geoffmk said:

Geoff
cant wait

Slamo

geoffmk said:

Geoff

Meaty? :D

Hyped to see the footage but personally it's the multiplayer that will hopefully be the best part of the deal for me. I played Gears online for a long time and still do occasionally to this day. Still great, and still a very fresh online experience whether you're playing Warzone or Annex. Personally for multiplayer, my biggest request is SOME way to play with friends in ranked matches. Whether it's a full blown party system and matchmaking, or whether it's ranked clan matches, whatever, I just want SOME way to play with my friends in ranked online games.

geoffmk said:

Geoff
Great news, thanks for the update!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
geoffmk said:

Geoff

Hey...

I have Spike on DirectTV

Crap...I gotta pay DirectTV

Crap...its raining the whole Day today here in NYC, i might not have signal :(

I liked the first one, I thought it set the foundation really well. That model looks supersexy, this game will probably be the texture king. I love those shots in the OP it slightly reminds me of 30 days of night. Snow levels own

ElyrionX

I honestly don't see how a Gear 2 can even come remotely close to the impact Gears 1 had. But we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Top Bottom