• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2: Real-Emergence Thread of Cubed Meat - HD Gameplay up!

Coverly

Aladuf23 you should put that Ind Day parody speech first and then the rest of the opening post for a better first impact effect.

Aladuf

Banned
Coverly said:
Aladuf23 you should put that Ind Day parody speech first and then the rest of the opening post for a better first impact effect.

I was kinda thinking that too... I think I'll do that now.

edit: Ah shit, I previewed the thread with the pic up top and it looks like a clusterfuck. I'll just leave it how it is I guess. :(

mr_nothin

Banned
abacab driver said:
Nothin wrong with some deserved hype for the reveal of one of the most anticipated games this gen. Same with the Killzone 2 thread.

The May 13th thread will be a doozy also. :D
But the whole feel of this is:
They hyped up killzone so now we gots to do it bigger and better with more and MORE hype.
Lol, it's kind of like a faked hype just to "get back" at the killzone hype.

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
WTF is this the dude from Duke Nukem Forever?

96z2nb.jpg

mr_nothin said:
They hyped up killzone so now we gots to do it bigger and better with more and MORE hype.

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

Faked hype? It was one of the biggest games of 2006!

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

You honestly believe that people are only posting here because of the Killzone 2 thread?

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

:lol
whysoserious.gif

Aladuf

Banned
mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

:lol Nobody is trying to "get back" at anybody. A few people suggested that I use "Real-Emergence" in the title in order to reclaim the "emergence" term that Gears used the first time around.

And we also just wanted to get a news/hype thread going because Gears 2 news is starting to come in more so now mainly starting with the gameplay tonight.

SPEA

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*
Leave this thread you party pooper and stop taking life so seriously.

*videogamesequalseriousbusiness.jpg*

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

Dude...it's gears...one of the 360's biggest games...and it's the first time we've seen it outside of a couple of shots and a tech demo. People are legitimately excited, even if you're not.

Mindlog

That meat cube is fucking metal.

I'd plaster the face all over it, but it'd take me forever. However, if I ever get the chance to work with the tools I'd definitely spinning meat-cubify my brainlog.

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

Quiet you, I'm trying to get my Gears 2 game boner on here.

mr_nothin said:
Nah...just the whole REAL emergence and the omg this is going to make the killzone thread lame stuff...
This is just one big cesspool of bait

Not necessarily. It is only that type of thread if people choose to turn it into one.

The whole Real-Emergence thing is just so innocent that it shouldn't even be an issue, but I suppose people have acted out over far less.

mr_nothin you are officially trying too hard. Does the thread offend you THAT much? :lol

FrankT

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

It's gonna be a cooker tonight boys!

kbear

I'm gonna wait and download the footage off marketplace tomorrow morning...I wanna see it on my tv in glorious high-def

Jtyettis said:

It's gonna be a cooker tonight boys!

He makes it sound as if there is no genuine excitement for Gears 2 which is what I don't get.

If there is a game that's getting fake hype, it most certainly isn't Gears 2.

He's taking something as innocent as the thread having "Real-Emergence" in the title a bit more seriously than it was supposed to be taken in the first place.

RumFore

Banned
Why the hell is the video being released so late at night? I know some from 1UP post here so can you tell us why?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I just want to go on record as saying that I really, really dig the design of that character. He looks like some sort of post-apocalyptic Appalachian mountain man war veteran.

CowboyAstronaut said:
He makes it sound as if there is no genuine excitement for Gears 2 which is what I don't get.

here's the hilarious bit.

Gears of War 2 is the follow up to a hugely acclaimed incredibly popular game. Killzone 2 is not.

yet the game that's actually a sequel to a brilliant game is the one with the fake hype.

that's the sort of insanity we're talking about.

Killzone 2 is absolutely worthy of it's hype based on what we've seen so far... but just on the strength of Gears of War and that UE 3.5 tech demo... Gears of War 2 hype is justified.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
AmMortal said:
http://i28.tinypic.com/96z2nb.jpg

this shit looks cg, if this is an ingame model then whoa.:O
Its not. I am playing UT3 at max settings and nothing looks that good.

Rad Agast

mr_nothin said:

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

Nothing against KZ 2 but you can't tell me people are "fake hyping" them selves for Gears 2.

Please, Gears proved it's self and IS a great console experience already.

Anyways, nice work m0dus and Aladuf23. Can't wait to see trailer. 11 hours 20 minutes to go. ;-)

MCD

kbear said:
I'm gonna wait and download the footage off marketplace tomorrow morning...I wanna see it on my tv in glorious high-def
download and copy it to a usb flashthumb, same result.

kbear

AmMortal said:
this shit looks cg, if this is an ingame model then whoa.:O
Gears has the best textures ever... so sharp, detailed and high-res. Gears 2 will only improve on them.

McDragon said:
download and copy it to a usb flashthumb, same result.
good idea!

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
The video is being posted so late because Spike TV has the exclusive on the first footage. The footage can only go online only after GameTrailers TV is done airing at 1:30 AM Eastern, 10:30 PM Pacific.

godhandiscen said:
Its not. I am playing UT3 at max settings and nothing looks that good.
Looks like it is to me. There are some pretty clear geometry edges on his arm and they've already talked about how heavily improved their character lighting model is, so I don't see anything unreasonable.

Minotauro said:
I just want to go on record as saying that I really, really dig the design of that character. He looks like some sort of post-apocalyptic Appalachian mountain man war veteran.

Definitely agreed, the "Stranded" need to play more of a part in this game. I guess they will if the able bodied ones have been enlisted by the COG, a huge source of Carmine Redshirts!

geoffmk said:
Guys -- Enjoy the footage tonight! It looks fantastic. Very epic scale. And kudos to Epic and MGS for putting out such a "meaty" gameplay clip. 2 minutes in high-definition.

You can watch it at 1 AM Eastern or 10 PM Pacific (if you have Spike on DirecTV).

Geoff
Awesome.

By the way, there must be some wrong interpretation of Tieno's post. Free Tieno.

bj00rn

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Lol, it's kind of like a faked hype just to "get back" at the xxxxxx [snipped the name, not needed -bj00rn] hype.

gaf is pathetic
*sigh*

No offense but it's quite telling you have no idea what "Gears of War" is and its place in the gaming space, nor where the word "emergence" originated from.

To be offended by Gears of War 2 hype because it seems to "steal the thunder" of YOUR game is stupid.

Gears of War sold 5 million games in "the early years" of the 360, don't forget it's a HUGE name, and in theory a much bigger franchise than "your" game (don't misunderstand me, I'm anticipating that game too). And its sequel GoW2 even comes out this year....

There is no "need" to rain on any other game here, this thread would come no matter what that other game was up to. Today we're going, for the first time, to see the first actual footage from GOW2! That's why we're hyped.

godhandiscen

WHOAguitarninja said:
Looks like it is to me. There are some pretty clear geometry edges on his arm and they've already talked about how heavily improved their character lighting model is, so I don't see anything unreasonable.
Dude, think about it for a second. Even if thats an in-game model, thats not what you will see while you are playing. The level of detail is always reduced when the models go into real gameplay. Maybe he will look close to that during a cut scene, but never during gameplay.

FrankT

CowboyAstronaut said:

He's taking something as innocent as the thread having "Real-Emergence" in the title a bit more seriously than it was supposed to be taken in the first place.

Oh I agree, we will probably only see more of this before it's all said and done though.

FrankT

Opus Angelorum said:
Tieno
Banned
(Today, 06:50 PM)
Reply | Quote

A warning to you all.

wow

Thing is, it's not really like him. Seems like something is up with him lately. Of course, I could just be reading more into things than that are really there.

godhandiscen said:
Dude, think about it for a second. Even if thats an in-game model, thats not what you will see while you are playing. The level of detail is always reduced when the models go into real gameplay. Maybe he will look close to that during a cut scene, but never during gameplay.

What about it looks unreasonable? The textures are nice but not impossible (there is some noticeable blurring on the tatoos), the geometry is good but not impossible (note the edges on his arms), and the lighting looks similar to what was shown in the tech demo. The only thing that's iffy is the upper regions of the face, to me. But even that isn't an enormous step up over what we saw in Gears.

It looks really good, I'm not saying it doesn't, but I don't think it's impossible.

godhandiscen

Tieno said:
This is a rediculous, it's fucking footage not the release of the game.

edit: the Idepence day stuff is nice though.
Banned for that? He is just trying to talk some sense into us. Tieno is not SDF, if anything they banned one of our own.

Top Bottom