• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

mernst23

So is this the first game to have 2000 points? I can already guess the list for this dlc

Earn 25 kills with each of the four cleavers (4X25)

Play 50 Matches of Guardian 25

Win 25 Rounds of Guardian as Leader (25)

Play as team of Mechanic Baird 25

Play as a team of Savage Hunters 25

Play 1-50 Horde on a new map 25

Play 1-12 waves on beast on all 5 maps

Dan Yo

Banned
Some very strange choices for map packs. Escalation, Raven Down, and Bullet Marsh were among the least liked and most poorly put together maps in the original game. Escalation was the only map I regularly skipped over in Gears 1. The only other one I would skip over from time to time being Rooftops.

Of all of the amazing Gears 1 maps, it seems so strange that these are the ones they chose to go with. Raven Down over Mansion, Canals, Fuel Depot, War Machine, etc.? Come on.

mernst23

Some very strange choices for map packs. Escalation, Raven Down, and Bullet Marsh were among the least liked and most poorly put together maps in the original game. Escalation was the only map I regularly skipped over in Gears 1. The only other one I would skip over from time to time being Rooftops.

Of all of the amazing Gears 1 maps, it seems so strange that these are the ones they chose to go with. Raven Down over Mansion, Canals, Fuel Depot, War Machine, etc.? Come on.

All those maps were remade for Gears 2. Chances are that's why they aren't in 3. I'm disappointed that they remade escalation and bullet marsh, when maps like process, garden, allfathers garden, and ruins would be vastly superior.

After this DLC every map from the first game will have been remade for 2 or 3 with the exception of Mausoleum, Old Bones, Garden, Process, and in Gears 1 no one ever hosted old bones or mausoleum. People either love or hate raven down. I freaking loved it because it took power weapons out of the fray with the exception of nades and you couldn't tag the walls back then

All those maps were remade for Gears 2. Chances are that's why they aren't in 3. I'm disappointed that they remade escalation and bullet marsh, when maps like process, garden, allfathers garden, and ruins would be vastly superior.

After this DLC every map from the first game will have been remade for 2 or 3 with the exception of Mausoleum, Old Bones, Garden, Process, and in Gears 1 no one ever hosted old bones or mausoleum. People either love or hate raven down. I freaking loved it because it took power weapons out of the fray with the exception of nades and you couldn't tag the walls back then

They remade Gridlock again though.

I would have loved for Allfathers Garden and/or Process to be in this game.

Rod's reason for these specific maps was that they followed a theme. escalation was the Fenix residence, bullet marsh with raam's kryll, then a snowy raven down for the elemental theme.

hopefully Epic will do more maps that fans ask for. they should do another facebook vote or offical forum vote on the next 5 maps. that interview with Keighley made it sound like they're not working on a second season. it might be some time before we see more dlc info.

Rod's reason for these specific maps was that they followed a theme. escalation was the Fenix residence, bullet marsh with raam's kryll, then a snowy raven down for the elemental theme.

hopefully Epic will do more maps that fans ask for. they should do another facebook vote or offical forum vote on the next 5 maps. that interview with Keighley made it sound like they're not working on a second season. it might be some time before we see more dlc info.

I can't see them doing a whole season again. At best we might get one more map pack.

I can't see them doing a whole season again. At best we might get one more map pack.

im sure everyone would love a second season but it might be hard to fill up 4 more dlc packs with content other than maps. horde is fleshed out enough and more campaign content is probably a lot more expensive to produce than skins/characters/maps.

all we really want is maps, hopefully we get another 5. a booster pack with gears1/2 favorites would round out the number to 30, one more than the 29 gears2 had.

im sure everyone would love a second season but it might be hard to fill up 4 more dlc packs with content other than maps. horde is fleshed out enough and more campaign content is probably a lot more expensive to produce than skins/characters/maps.

all we really want is maps, hopefully we get another 5. a booster pack with gears1/2 favorites would round out the number to 30, one more than the 29 gears2 had.

Yeah, I would love to get some more Gears 2 maps in Gears 3. I really enjoyed most of the DLC maps in Gears 2, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of them here. Process and Mausoleum from Gears 1 would be nice as well.

Dan Yo

Banned

I'd buy a retro map pack or a retro season if it meant adding some of the favorites from Gears 1 and 2. This game absolutely needs some War Machine. And damn if I don't miss Canals.

I would pay good money for a remake of Mausoleum

gtfo.gif

Ballistik

My preference for a remakes map pack:

Gears 1:
Mausoleum (would need tweaking)
Old Bones
Process (would need tweaking)
War Machine
Canals

AllFathers Garden from Gears 2 also.
Don't know why I liked it..

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
War machine and All Fathers would be awesome.

Edit: Also, I'm going to cut and paste the 1st two pages into a new OT, we've waited long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom