• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oh jeez... My beta files are all on my friends Xbox.
Looks like i need to get a USB drive.

random question; Can you install games to USBs?

StalkerUKCG said:
Im sorry but i doubt this is true, the servers for the game will likely be in the US. and UK download upload and ping are all greatly below what sweden can offer.

I play with a swedish guy most of the time and he and i where equal in the beta but really at this point unless something is going seriously wrong with a connection then everyone is on even ground in europe.
They have servers in Europe as well. It would be terrible if they didn't.

Messi

Btw, I purposefully didn't mention what part I was stuck on as I am not sure how to spoiler tag stuff. I'd really appreciate some help.

StalkerUKCG said:
Even still your in europe and you have a greater connection in every aspect. You shouldnt of had any problems.
If the servers are in UK, then they will have an advantage. They had an advantage, that's all I know. I don't really care. I played Gears 1 and 2 a lot even with the terrible host advantage, and it wasn't that bad during the beta.

K' Dash said:
It seems Amazon won't be shipping mine today :(
Appears to be the same for me... even though I chose release date shipping.

What happens if you choose release date shipping and it doesn't come by the date? Get your $$ back?

Nori Chan

What are the chances that I'll be able to get a limited edition GOW3 when I pick up my copy at 7 pm release day? I pre ordered the standard edition.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Milly79 said:
No, still there. I didn't get in the beta legit, though. Maybe that's why.
They can't track this though, once the codes have gone out. Because codes can be sold and stuff too.

AndyMoogle said:
If the servers are in UK, then they will have an advantage. They had an advantage, that's all I know. I don't really care. I played Gears 1 and 2 a lot even with the terrible host advantage.
We have no word if the servers where in the UK, just microsoft gave epic 1 server farm, with their being only one id imagine it would be in the US where the bigger player base is.

What you may of mistoke as an advantage could of been a host of other things, iv felt like certain areas have had the advantage in the past and in reality its nothing more than me assuming a kill when their shouldnt of been one of a hiccup in the networking.

I wouldnt be so quick to say UK had an advantage, i feel US has an advantage over me most of the time, in which case they would surely have a advantage over you.

Im not trying to come off like an arse about it but in the reverse situation im sure any swede would be as quick to claim they didnt have an advantage. The whole purpose of the dedictaed servers was to remove the host advanatage and after playing the beta i felt equal with everyone in most games.

50mb Down/5Mmb Up connection.

StalkerUKCG said:
We have no word if the servers where in the UK, just microsoft gave epic 1 server farm, with their being only one id imagine it would be in the US where the bigger player base is.

What you may of mistoke as an advantage could of been a host of other things, iv felt like certain areas have had the advantage in the past and in reality its nothing more than me assuming a kill when their shouldnt of been one of a hiccup in the networking.

I wouldnt be so quick to say UK had an advantage, i feel US has an advantage over me most of the time, in which case they would surely have a advantage over you.

Im not trying to come off like an arse about it but in the reverse situation im sure any swede would be as quick to claim they didnt have an advantage. The whole purpose of the dedictaed servers was to remove the host advanatage and after playing the beta i felt equal with everyone in most games.

50mb Down/5Mmb Up connection.
It would be really terrible if all dedicated servers are in US.

Also, up and down speed doesn't really matter as long as you have at least a couple of Mbit. It's latency that matters.

Anyone in the NYC area have any luck? My usual spots didn't get their shipments. I have the weekend off and I'm willing to hunt an early copy down tonight.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
perineumlick said:
Anyone in the NYC area have any luck? My usual spots didn't get their shipments. I have the weekend off and I'm willing to hunt an early copy down tonight.

Try vgny.

JambiBum

You don't get the beta unlocks until the day 1 TU. They've said it on multiple occasions. Also, talking about controller sensitivity PXG, I play with all of mine at the default.

I never unlocked the 90 match cole from the beta, have some gold guns which imo is enough for me, the main reason is because by the end of the beta only the strong and elite were playing and I was getting rinsed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Guess who just got the game - all thanks to knowing people and calling at the right time - if I didn't call when I did, I would have had to wait till Tuesday for sure. It's a good feeling after being sick as a dog the past two days. Gonna get the story finished to end the trilogy once and for all, then pick up my proper LE on Tuesday.

Was about to start it up, but then I remembered that the stream is about to go on with Rod, and I don't want to miss that.

Mihael Mello Keehl said:
seems like epic forums are....down?

They tweeted earlier today that they would be down for maintenance and upgrades.

Malo

Banned
perineumlick said:
Nope :/

ohh ok I thought they said something and all the kids on there were going nuts over some "my mom wont pay for my weapon skin bundle its too much" type shit and it crashed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom