• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majanew

Banned
Are these prices Epic or Microsoft's doing? I mean, the prices for all the avatar shit on Marketplace is fucking ridiculous...so, maybe MS just wants to make sure they keep having dumb fucking prices for small, simple shit.

Voltron64

iluvgames said:
g678W.jpg

Alienshogun said:
To the people really complaining.

Have you bought a premium theme or avatar gear, ever? If you have, you need to re-evaluate your complaints.

The price is ridiculous, I agree, but to disagree with the idea entirely is probably borderline hypocritical for most people here.

Never bought avatar clothing, and especially never got a theme since you can barely even see the backgrounds.

I have bought gamerpics though since the pricing on XBLA will often leave you with 80-120 points that won't ever be used.

JambiBum

A premium theme is 240 points. That's the price of 5 skins. I'm sure Epic didn't have much say in pricing. Going by Microsoft's pricing on other items it isn't outrageous. Going by what it should be priced at, it is.

Smeghead

Alienshogun said:
You're going to the extreme. It's not $45 for one or two skins. That is only if you want ALL of them.

LOL

Skins is too damn high party.
The price is irrelevant, the principle alone is worse enough.

Any one who buys this shit is a mug.

FrankT

Majanew said:
Are these prices Epic or Microsoft's doing? I mean, the prices for all the avatar shit on Marketplace is fucking ridiculous...so, maybe MS just wants to make sure they keep having dumb fucking prices for small, simple shit.

Probably a little bit of both, but you know MS is in the corner helping to cook it all up and boy oh boy did they cook it up with these.

I don't see the big deal. They are completely aesthetic. If somebody wants to spend their money on it, then why should I care? You guys make a big deal over nothing.

P.S. No, I'm not buying them, because I'm pretty much buying Gears 3 for single-player.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
Hm. I wonder if people using paid skins will be flamed or harrassed in the post-game lobby.

Probably, people gonna be jelly, but that's why there is the mute option. ;)

You KNOW the rainbow one is gonna bring the most comments.

I'll be sure to drop by bag on the most vocal.

Lunchbox

Banned
Willeth said:
Hm. I wonder if people using paid skins will be flamed or harrassed in the post-game lobby.
yes, and messaged, and teabagged, and not revived, and humped (both wall and crawl variants), and smoke grenaded and team killed if possible

Lunchbox said:
theres gullible people in this world like that alien guy, someone has to take their money

dont blame cliffy, hate the clowns that will buy them

Im sorry, but i blame epic they could of refused to make the skins when microsoft requested (if microsoft requested). I was all set for buying the skins and the season pass but i wont be able to find £51 for what is for the most part on disc dlc.

Now see, if that Rainbow covered more of the gun like the pink one does, I'd buy it for trolling purposes. Nothing more frustrated then getting killed by a gun with a Rainbow colored Sawed-Off, I imagine.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lunchbox said:
yes, and messaged, and teabagged, and not revived, and humped (both wall and crawl variants), and smoke grenaded and team killed if possible

I don't know what's worse, the people who need to grow up that would do that or the people who buy something for their own enjoyment in a game that is purely cosmetic.

Hmm.

JambiBum said:
Just for clarification. It's 45 dollars for 105 skins. So it's 43 cents per skin if you want to put a dollar amount per skin.

Exactly.

Willeth

Darklord said:
What does it mean static set and dynamic set? What are those things?
Static skins are just an image on the gun, like the golden guns. Dynamic ones are animated, like the flaming skins.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Okay, so:

Gears of War 3 Standard Edition on Amazon minus the $20 promo they give you for ordering the game = $39.99

Gears of War 3 Complete Weapon Skins = $45

Uh.

What.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Domino Theory said:
Okay, so:

Gears of War 3 Standard Edition on Amazon minus the $20 promo they give you for ordering the game = $39.99

Gears of War 3 Complete Weapon Skins = $45

Uh.

What.

For forgot season pass.

Darklord

Banned
-PXG- said:
Do you know what static and animated mean? If so, there you go.

Obviously I do but I meant I didn't know what they meant by animated skins. But as Willeth said, some have ones like animated fire.

Lol, I could imagine the look on my wife's face if I was to tell her I spent 45 bucks on some cute little virtual tattoos for my guns and shit.
These companies aren't stupid; they know that there's plenty of people out there willing to pay it. If you're over 22 and buying shit like this... Lol!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
enzo_gt said:
Your value of .GIFs for guns is fairly high, those numbers don't mean shit. Especially when effects for the most part are copy+pasted x 5.

The point is it isn't 45 dollars or nothing. You can pick what you want. People like to cling to the highest number because they thinks it makes their argument more valid. It doesn't

At the end of the day this is all cosmetic and optional. Should they be unlocked in game? That would be nice, yes, but they aren't.

You don't HAVE to have them/buy them, and you definitely don't have to buy all of them.

This rational a lot of people have here would be like if they had to purchase EVERYTHING on the XBL market place just because it existed.

perineumlick said:
Lol, I could imagine the look on my wife's face if I was to tell her I spent 45 bucks on some cute little virtual tattoos for my guns and shit.
These companies aren't stupid; they know that there's plenty of people out there willing to pay it. If you're over 22 and buying shit like this... Lol!

See above post.

Voltron64

perineumlick said:
VEdKb.png

Lunchbox

Banned
perineumlick said:
22? my 9 year old cousin just said you could buy 2 games for 40 dollars why would you want those skins?

4th graders have the common sense to not buy that shit

I'm not much of a multiplayer guy, but I will be playing Gears online casually. Is it worth getting the season pass, or will there be enough people playing without the DLC?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alienshogun said:
The point is it isn't 45 dollars or nothing. You can pick what you want. People like to cling to the highest number because they thinks it makes their argument more valid. It doesn't

At the end of the day this is all cosmetic and optional. Should they be unlocked in game? That would be nice, yes, but they aren't.

You don't HAVE to have them/buy them, and you definitely don't have to buy all of them.

This rational a lot of people have here would be like if they had to purchase EVERYTHING on the XBL market place just because it existed.
The rationale is that, even proportional to the total cost, 21 DLC skins pasted across 5 weapons costs is too much. When DLC of cosmetics exceeds that of actual game content, such as the Season Pass, they are overpriced. They are ESPECIALLY overpriced for something on the disc with the justification that "oh we're done making them, but instead of including it in the normal package, were going to sell it as DLC, but lets just put it on the disc so that we don't have to put out a TU so everyone can see them." It's a combination of factors. 3-4$ for a set of skins... literally one of the worst-priced DLCs available anywhere.

People justifying the prices are kinda missing the point. It's the idea that anyone should have to pay for this crap, period.

When "we aren't forced" to buy individual maps, weapons, and chapters in 5-10 years, I hope you all remember that this generation was where it all started.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
enzo_gt said:
The rationale is that, even proportional to the total cost, 21 DLC skins pasted across 5 weapons costing is too much. When DLC of cosmetics exceeds that of actual game content, such as the Season Pass. They are overpriced. They are ESPECIALLY overpriced for something on the disc with the justification that "oh we're done making them, but instead of including it in the normal package, were going to sell it as DLC, but lets just put it on the disc so that we don't have to put out a TU so everyone can see them." It's a combination of factors. 3-4$ for a set of skins... literally one of the worst-priced DLCs available anywhere.

The entirety of your argument is subjective.

Price is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it and what we get as a package is determined by the merchant/manufacturer.

This boils down to "if you don't like it, don't buy it" or the ever popular "vote with your wallet."

Lunchbox

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
People justifying the prices are kinda missing the point. It's the idea that anyone should have to pay for this crap, period.

When "we aren't forced" to buy individual maps, weapons, and chapters in 5-10 years, I hope you all remember that this generation was where it all started.
theres no "people"

just one lunatic

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Net_Wrecker said:

There is no HAVE to, that's the issue. You don't HAVE to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom