• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gears of War remaster coming to Xbox One, sources say" (by Splash Damage)

Squishy3

it'd be cool if they port 2 and 3 to PC finally

tho it'd probably be on the windows store thingie

edit: oh wait it's just the first one? lol nevermind
Man, I'd fucking kill to see Gears 3 running at 60 FPS downsampled on PC. It would look so good, especially since most modern cards could probably handle it because UE3 and all. It's already a technical feat on 360.

Leflus

Oh wow if it's true. MS stuff leaking out before E3 has pretty much become a tradition at this point.

Will buy if it's an actual remake. Will have to think about it if it's just a remastered version of the game.

Welfare

Beta
spcTpPR.jpg

aMA8cvw.png

Text is fairly legible here.

Well then. It's really happening.

hawk2025

Gamers are some of the most easily confused people on the planet.

God yes! Needs horde mode too though!

It had a few moments, but it was mostly forgettable. I can't remember a single story point from the campaign.

It's weird.

What I remember is (two are spoilers):

- A moody, horror-ish segment inside an abandoned house
- Look at all dat juice
-
Maariaaaaaa
-
Dom's sacrifice

3 out of 4 of my main Gears story-related memories are unintentionally funny.

Needless to say, I agree with you.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Come on, you aren't giving it enough credit. Maybe the story wasn't the greatest but it had a few moments. The Berserker fight was one of the most memorable moments from last gen, easily. How about the corpser popping up for the first time? For the people that beat it I'm sure everyone remembers the Train. Gears hasn't been in my 360 for years and that's all pretty fresh in my head.
The Berserker fight was just a reworked enemy encounter from RE4. They were always really open about how RE4 influenced Gears.

hawk2025

I'm surprised that this supposed remake/remaster hasn't been outsourced to someone else -- I figured Black Tusk would be all hands on deck on the sequel.

Come on, you aren't giving it enough credit. Maybe the story wasn't the greatest but it had a few moments. The Berserker fight was one of the most memorable moments from last gen, easily. How about the corpser popping up for the first time? For the people that beat it I'm sure everyone remembers the Train. Gears hasn't been in my 360 for years and that's all pretty fresh in my head.

As mentioned above, I think Resident Evil 4 ate Gears' lunch a few years before.

Not as far as gameplay goes, of course, but the story/campaign parts were not particularly new when taking RE4 into account, including the Berserker fight.

Palocca

Awwwww yes. Many late nights with friends were spent playing story co-op for this game. If the multi is like the first with dedicated servers, I'd buy an X1 for this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm surprised that this supposed remake/remaster hasn't been outsourced to someone else -- I figured Black Tusk would be all hands on deck on the sequel.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was like how Ninja Theory did DmC. One small team in house doing gameplay tweaks and another handling tech stuff.

Jawmuncher

If they're going to announce this at E3 I wouldn't be shocked if it came AFTER a reveal of the new Gears of War for current-gen.

-Standard teaser or "all footage captured in-game" cinematic trailer,
-"Coming Holiday 2016".

-Followed by "To keep fans Gear'd up for the next installment of the Gears of War series, we'll be releasing "Gears of War Anniversary THIS holiday...only on XBox One. A full remaster of the original Gears of War title, complete with all of the game modes and maps that a generation of gamers fell in love with."

This shit writes itself.

Yep this and a new gear announcement seem like a good one two punch for E3.

It may be so, but they haven't even put an Xbox One menu button on prompt on yet, as I said, i'd wait until they actually announce the thing at E3 before judging it too much.

So you're saying it might be coming to PC?

It's weird.

What I remember is (two are spoilers):

- A moody, horror-ish segment inside an abandoned house
- Look at all dat juice
-
Maariaaaaaa
-
Dom's sacrifice

3 out of 4 of my main Gears story-related memories are unintentionally funny.

Needless to say, I agree with you.

Oh God, I had forgotten about the Maria plot. Ugh. Just...ugh.

Ape

Banned
Gamers are some of the most easily confused people on the planet.

God yes! Needs horde mode too though!

It had a few moments, but it was mostly forgettable. I can't remember a single story point from the campaign.

There was a bomb in there somewhere that Marcus had to deploy deep inside of the Locus hive, that's about all I remember.

Actually, the more I think about it the more the game comes back to me, shit. The mansion mission, the dual paths. Damn, that's rather impressive for a game that I last played 8 years ago.

The Berserker fight was just a reworked enemy encounter from RE4. They were always really open about how RE4 influenced Gears.

Funny you should say that. I actually played RE4 waay after it's release, so the Berserker fight was fresh to me.

Cropduster89

Neo Member
I wouldn't say that. It shaped last gen. Was the story/campaign forgettable? Sure, but the gameplay mechanics shaped third person games last gen and continues to do so this gen too...

Maybe a little too influential tbh. Devs don't seem ready to move on, but every time I see a collection of small walls lined up in front of me I die a little inside.

Still I enjoyed the first one when it came out, but probably not enough to buy or play it again though.

Would prefer gears 3

gears 1 mp is great nostalgically but I'm not too hyped about playing that mp again...there was a lot of jank and it was definitely a "you had to be there" thing to really buy into

ElRenoRaven

People really just look at that NDA and go "fuck it" eh?

They really do. It's sad because it always affects everyone else when idiots leak shit. I'm actually laughing because after getting called out he removed his gamertag info from his profile on here. lmao

People really just look at that NDA and go "fuck it" eh?

My shot was from the Kotaku write-up and all info I know is passed down from friends of friends, etc.

There's a lot of people breaking a lot of NDA's for this info to trickle out, no doubt we'll see more in the coming days too.

So you're saying it might be coming to PC?

No. I'm saying it looks like an Xbox 360 start button, although admittedly having had a closer look I think they've chosen to invert the white and black on the button so I may be wrong.

Given Gears 1 is already on PC I doubt they would bother

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Would prefer gears 3

gears 1 mp is great nostalgically but I'm not too hyped about playing that mp again...there was a lot of jank and it was definitely a "you had to be there" thing to really buy into
I expect they would tweak MP based on newer releases, especially if Black Tusk is releasing a new Gears next year. Would be a good practicw run.

I've always been curious to try Gears MP. Only played the campaigns of the first two and I didn't particularly care for the first (although I played it in 2011)

B-Ri

I want Gears Remaster BAD!

First Xbox 360 game I got once I crumbled and got it. TONS of MP with friends, tons of fun.

Please fix host advantage and shotgun damage kthx.

Also make Execution mode primary.

Also add Horde.

Top Bottom