• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

jamaniek

Looks great! Can't wait to see more.

I really like how Microsoft makes remasters. Better lighting, textures, effects, sounds, 1080@60fps. That's what I call a remaster, not just higher resoultion and bumped up framerate like Sony. PS3 games themself look very good, but there's always room for improvements and Sony's attitude toward remasters is just ridiculous.

Bastos

God damn it! I just bought a XBO(the white one, so pretty ;-;) because of this. Fucks given: 0

Give me this game noooow!

scitek

Looks great! Can't wait to see more.

I really like how Microsoft makes remasters. Better lighting, textures, effects, sounds, 1080@60fps. That's what I call a remaster, not just higher resoultion and bumped up framerate like Sony. PS3 games themself look very good, but there's always room for improvements and Sony's attitude toward remasters is just ridiculous.

We don't know that's the case here yet.

Heartfyre

To me, it looks like if Gears of War 1 made to match Gears of War 3 technically, with the advantage of the extra horsepower put into performance. Not what I'll expect a new Gears to look like, but good enough for a remaster.

Having played the PC version at 60FPS, I can tell you that it really ramps up the pace of the gameplay, so that's something to look forward to. Though I'd miss the mouse-aiming, especially with the sniper and rapid turning.

hoserx

GOW was really the first moment that made me say, okay, this is something new when it came to that generation of consoles. I had to have an xbox360 at that point. Strange to feel nostalgia over something that isn't really that old but watching this video makes me want to get an xb1 to play this..... or maybe another xbox 360 as I still have my games but my console bit the dust.

Mikey Jr.

That 360 to Xbone comparison looks incredible. At first I thought it sucks that only gears 1 was coming out, but fuck it. If that much work is getting put into each game, then it's fine by me.

Wonders if Microsoft will also push gears into a competitive scene?
Gears matches can get quiet intense and does have a learning curve worth learning.

Haven't played Gears 1 yet so im all for this Remaster.

one of the most fundamentally sound games ever made

...until gears3 came along

Any word on if they will be resolving the host advantage that was in the original? Also, the endless number of exploits people would use like weapon sliding and shit?

gears3 and judgement had dedis.

what you really need to worry about is MS shutting them down. gears3 has now reverted to peer2peer. i assume the same goes for judgement too.

I remember a link somewhere in a twitch channel. I'll check for you, he even gives you a coupon

Thanks.
I kept looking and the only way to buy it was from amazon. At $74 each copy x_x
I wonder if they are still selling digital copies somewhere.

EDIT: Ohhh nice edit. Thank you very much!!

Sigmaah

I bought an xbox one just for gears "4" but before I get that, they giving me my baby back, all updated and shit. Thank god they chose to do this with the best gears game multiplayer wise.

It even looks like they kept the center of the screen shots in, instead of coming from where the gun is pointed (I hope ppl know what I'm talking about.)

Gimme a release date so I can plan accordingly ms.

Pls.

...until gears3 came along

gears3 and judgement had dedis.

what you really need to worry about is MS shutting them down. gears3 has now reverted to peer2peer. i assume the same goes for judgement too.

Unlike almost all other games using dedicated servers, at least Gears 3 can still be played online.

Anyway, this looks to be a way bigger upgrade than other "remasters". It looks great. Gears 1 doesn't look too hot nowadays. They better put in gameplay improvements from Gears 3 as well. That's the most important thing.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
i have a feeling its gears of war 1, but the gameplay style is like gears 2 and 3, plus this might have horde mode, it would be stupid not to have it in this game. but thats just me :/ hope it has everything from all gears games.

Unlike almost all other games using dedicated servers, at least Gears 3 can still be played online.

Anyway, this looks to be a way bigger upgrade than other "remasters". It looks great. Gears 1 doesn't look too hot nowadays. They better put in gameplay improvements from Gears 3 as well. That's the most important thing.

i just dont understand why they would axe the servers when it still has the highest playercount of all the gears games week after week.

Reckheim

As someone that didn't own a 360 last generation I might get xone just for mcc and this. Looks great.
Edit: missed a word

As someone that didn't own a 360 last generation I might get xone just for mcc and this. Looks great.
Edit: missed a word

If you do man, make sure you get in early on the multiplayer side of gears while all the Rookies are in.

multiplayer is one of those you have to really push yourself in for those first few initial kills, then once your in - addition begins!!!

so many lost nights playing that beast which is Gears of war!!!

OrangeOak

I wonder if they will keep one shot down active reload sniper rifle.
I also don't like idea of adding TDM. It takes all the tension from Gears matches.

nOoblet16

Is ranked still playable on Gears 3? Public playlist is P2P, it's only ranked that has dedicated servers.

Leyasu

Banned
417226-f2Gpxnn_GzgfgNJi.jpg

I guess pre-season it is then

why the fuck no one but Titanfall does this? I wish Halo MCC did that, hopefully Halo 5 does it. Fuck they all using MS Azure. So why the fuck not.

I know its shocking. Le cirque du 343 have confirmed the same setup for halo 5. But after all the bullshit they have said since the MCC release. I want to see the receipts.

number47

Gow1 remastered? Or gow1-3?

They are still thinking of how to make that limited edition Xbox 1 for gow. Which is cool considering Microsoft is pushing two fps. Last grn and current. Pretty cool.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Reading the last couple pages, it's apparent who has really bad eyes, or no attention to detail to not be able to the see the clear differences between the two comparison pics.

And the complains about the way the alpha/beta graphics is exactly why unfinished code meant for testing is never shown to the public. Even the text of the in-game menus show that they're just temporary, plus there are missing graphics like the way the blood splatters etc. compared to the original.

Whoever it was that made a mention about Halo 5 being able to choose data centers for the dedicated servers, that's news to me. It has been my biggest want for Gears 3, because a huge reason for the BS that I ever get connection-wise is whenever someone from a certain country is in the match. It's to the point where I'd just want to just put a filter to wipe it from ever connecting to them. Now knowing that that is possible, I want this for the next Gears as well.

separate games separate discs PLEASE MS.

Don't you dare MCC this one

Not even the same team, plus everyone has seen the backlash, no one at Microsoft would let a release like that happen again.

RootCause

Because those looked like actual remakes of the game, this looks like they're beefing up the same engine Gears 1 was already running on

That's my guess at least
Also, I just realized those games were from the og Xbox era, vs a remaster of a 360 game. I'm sure Gears 4 will deliver the goods. Still I'm excited for the game, couldn't stop playing this with my friends back then.

Leyasu

Banned
Whoever it was that made a mention about Halo 5 being able to choose data centers for the dedicated servers, that's news to me. It has been my biggest want for Gears 3, because a huge reason for the BS that I ever get connection-wise is whenever someone from a certain country is in the match. It's to the point where I'd just want to just put a filter to wipe it from ever connecting to them. Now knowing that that is possible, I want this for the next Gears as well.

They have confirmed a titanfall like setup for halo 5. Thank fuck

Peltz

Funny that this leaked today. I just booted up Gears on my Xbox 360 for the first time in years yesterday just to see how it'd look on my new-ish HDTV.

The game really hasn't aged much. It's hard to believe it came so early in the HD generation. It had some pretty amazing lighting and geometry for such now-old hardware. I'm still pretty impressed by it.

Top Bottom