• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

nOoblet16

Neither really but closer to the second. It's not a completely redone engine but it's not just an up res port either. It has upgraded lighting and textures to go along with the resolution and fps boost.

I'd say it's closer to the former....in principle.

The reason being what separates the two games in the former situation is the changes in assets (it doesn't matter if the engine used is a new iteration of the same engine or a new engine altogether), the end result is that the newer version has higher quality assets, lighting and shaders etc that comes from using the newer engine. I mean yes the original was UE3 and the remake is most likely going to be built using UE3 but the UE3 from Gears 1 and the UE3 today are radically different, they could even be classified as two different engines if they wanted to advertised them like that. The reason why I am assuming that the game will be entirely built using the new iteration of UE3 is because it'll be relatively very easy to do so in Gears' case.

In the later's case it is the exact same game with either the exact same engine or the same game ported over to a different engine (as was the case with REmake HD) with very few changes to the core assets. The character models in REmakeHD are high quality and some rooms are now rendered in real time but everything else in the game is exactly the same but at a higher resolution.

beta_fuse

I really hope that if it's just a remaster of gears one that they at least include some multiplayer maps from the other games. Gears 2 & 3 had some really fun maps.

MrPanic

Urgh, I would love to return to the no-life gears days, but after Gears 2's online, 3's lets promise dedicated servers and then put it behind a dlc paywall scam and Judgment in general, I'm not sure if I can take more of their consumer abuse.

Though I got to be honest, I'm totally tempted to get a XBone now.

Orionsangel

Neo Member
Everyone is thinking it's remastered versions of the first four Gears games. It might not exactly be that. It might me Gears of War Online Remastered. In other words it's taking all the maps, abilities, weapons from the first four games and making it one online experience.

Everyone is thinking it's remastered versions of the first four Gears games. It might not exactly be that. It might me Gears of War Online Remastered. In other words it's taking all the maps, abilities, weapons from the first four games and making it one online experience.
Na, they wont do that..

I can't imagine them putting judgement's online into the mix because the weapons didn't have active reload and they would have to balance everything.

Epic had a hard enough time balancing the shotguns, I can't imagine them trying to balance all of the new guns in judgement.

nOoblet16

I'd take that over a remaster of the game.

As long as they don't touch judgement and avoid that trash.

malfcn

A remaster of mp with a good amount of cherry picked (or almost all) maps would be good. Balancing the mp mechanics would be the challenge.

I would be fine with this if they exclude Judgement.

Smurf Yetti

Neo Member
Another picture...

Original
Untitled.png

I don't think anyone has been under that impression for a while now.

Definitely buying this day one, but dunno if i should go digital or physical. Leaning towards digital because Im gonna want to play this ALL THE TIME and having it right on the HD will be super convenient. But at the same time, Gears is my favorite game series of all time so i'd love to have the physical copy.

Either way, cant fucking wait for this game. Gonna be so awesome with this and Gears 4!

Definitely buying this day one, but dunno if i should go digital or physical. Leaning towards digital because Im gonna want to play this ALL THE TIME and having it right on the HD will be super convenient. But at the same time, Gears is my favorite game series of all time so i'd love to have the physical copy.

Either way, cant fucking wait for this game. Gonna be so awesome with this and Gears 4!

Same here man this will be my only digital title as I know it's something I will keep forever

Three

Kind of looks like a Xbox 360 game at 1080p60..

Hope that's not all they have in store for this remaster.

I hope not. I mean it would need a little more than just 60fps for a triple dip because it's not like I can't play the original Gears of War at 60fps on PC already. They have replaced textures by the looks of things though, so that's a good sign.

Edit: Just watched the vids. It's definitely a good enough improvement.

If this remaster gets Wingman or a 2v2 mode then I'll be buying an Xbone the moment I'll be able to afford it.

Execution and stuff is fun and all, but when I met this one guy by accident with whom, after we got into this special groove without voice chat, my wingman w/l went from ~.85 to a full 7 = that gamemode became my drug, I don't even want anything else!

they'll probably have all the various game modes we've seen over the past 4 games. minus Horde/OverRun/Survival

Na, they wont do that..

why not? I would totally go for that because the campaigns in those games were completely forgettable.

we might even see a Killer Instinct style push with with this. free/cheap base MP game with weapons skins, player skins behind a paywall

they'll probably have all the various game modes we've seen over the past 4 games. minus Horde/OverRun/Survival

why not? I would totally go for that because the campaigns in those games were completely forgettable.

we might even see a Killer Instinct style push with with this. free/cheap base MP game with weapons skins, player skins behind a paywall

It might not be Shakespeare but a lot of people, myself included, enjoyed the campaigns - not to mention co-op.

There's plenty of books and comics out there too, enough to suggest people do care about the story.

does anyone have a mirror of the gears 3/judgement video?

and dude left his gt out and uploaded this in february....not a single fuck was given...

Urgh, I would love to return to the no-life gears days, but after Gears 2's online, 3's lets promise dedicated servers and then put it behind a dlc paywall scam and Judgment in general, I'm not sure if I can take more of their consumer abuse.

Though I got to be honest, I'm totally tempted to get a XBone now.
What paywall scam are you referencing to? The only thing I recall from Gears 3 were the weapon skins and maps being paid DLC (or bought via season pass). If this is it then the skins were optional and you didn't have to pay for the maps.

Please elaborate on this if I am wrong.

What paywall scam are you referencing to? The only thing I recall from Gears 3 were the weapon skins and maps being paid DLC (or bought via season pass). If this is it then the skins were optional and you didn't have to pay for the maps.

Please elaborate on this if I am wrong.

He is referring to after about a year and a half after release epic made it so you could only play on dedicated server playlists if you had the DLC otherwise you were on P2P

Which I preferred as I hated getting stuck in playlists with others no having DLC and never getting on the maps

He is referring to after about a year and a half after release epic made it so you could only play on dedicated server playlists if you had the DLC otherwise you were on P2P

Which I preferred as I hated getting stuck in playlists with others no having DLC and never getting on the maps

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I think that's alright as it gives more incentive to keeping up with everything. I can see how some would hate it though.

I think MS could pull a 'its available now' at E3 or at the very least its available in July. I just think with MS having Halo, Tomb Raider they would not have Gears release at the same time.

RedAssedApe

Banned

was gears mp that popular? seems like they would change how it played every new game and there are people who are only fans of one particular iteration of mp. personally only played gears for the co-op campaign. i sucked at mp lol

was gears mp that popular? seems like they would change how it played every new game and there are people who are only fans of one particular iteration of mp. personally only played gears for the co-op campaign. i sucked at mp lol

The first two were pretty popular.

Gears MP had a high skill cap, but it was very popular.

edit: I'd even say that the MP got more popular as each entry (1,2, and 3) came out.

yep just as i was expecting, gears 3 levels graphics with gears 1 maps. FUCK YES!! day zero.

it seems to have gears 3 movement refinements and the blind fire reticle is not centre screen as it was in gears 1. mantle kick is also in, shame about 4 vs 4 i prefer the more chaotic 5 vs 5 but whatever

also liking the graphics colour pallet from what i can see, gears 1/2 were unbearable to look at everything is just so grey or green. this looks more in line with gears 3 gridlock artstyle

yep just as i was expecting, gears 3 levels graphics with gears 1 maps. FUCK YES!! day zero.

it seems to have gears 3 movement refinements and the blind fire reticle is not centre screen as it was in gears 1. mantle kick is also in, shame about 4 vs 4 i prefer the more chaotic 5 vs 5 but whatever

But this isnt Gears 3 Graphics..

Gears 1 style play with updated graphics, looks like I need to buy an Xbox One now.

Am I the only one who misses the server list style of Gears 1? I hated 2 and 3's matchmaking.

Top Bottom