• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

deathday

Neo Member
Am I the only one who applied for work with VMC after this leak? I'd kill an army of glowies to get my hands on that beta. (And I wouldn't leak it)

yep just as i was expecting, gears 3 levels graphics with gears 1 maps. FUCK YES!! day zero.

it seems to have gears 3 movement refinements and the blind fire reticle is not centre screen as it was in gears 1. mantle kick is also in, shame about 4 vs 4 i prefer the more chaotic 5 vs 5 but whatever

also liking the graphics colour pallet from what i can see, gears 1/2 were unbearable to look at everything is just so grey or green. this looks more in line with gears 3 gridlock artstyle

Wait really? Boo I don't want the gears 3 "refinements." :( gears 1 had the best game play hands down.

Wait, are you implying that this re-master doesn't look as good as gears 3 on the Xbox 360? Surely not?

Resolution and fps bump is not the only thing that needs to happen ;)

So far the lighting still looks very outdated. Who knows what they are doing with the campaign.

Im simply saying that im not impressed with the gameplay footage from this port so far.

And saying that it looks like Gears 3 is wrong IMO

*scratches head*

Dude you been serious? Your bought a ps4 this time around in guessing?

What has a PS4 to do with my own opinion? wtf? Fanboy war much?

I own both consoles. Calm down.

So far the lighting still looks very outdated. Who knows what they are doing with the campaign.

Im simply saying that im not impressed with the gameplay footage from this port so far.

I've got no problem with you not being impressed by this but to me, it looks like a massive improvement already and it is only alpha/beta footage. So to say it doesn't look as good as gears 3 is being a bit ridiculous.

What has a PS4 to do with my own opinion? wtf? Fanboy war much?

I own both consoles. Calm down.

I get its personal opinion but I just don't see how you compare it, but no fan boy here I also own all 3 console

I've got no problem with you not being impressed by this but to me, it looks like a massive improvement already and it is only alpha/beta footage. So to say it doesn't look as good as gears 3 is being a bit ridiculous.

No its not ridiculous to say. That port is not near Gears 3 in terms of lighting IMO. Maybe the open environments will show some improvements. But this dark halls etc show nothing to me.

Garnox

I'm excited because it A) does have a shiny new coat and B) will allow me to play the series again (assuming 2/3 release) on the Bone, seeing as how I don't have my 360 anymore.

Still hope they come up with a BC system somehow.

How is it that hard to understand that people are excited for this game? I understand that people aren't but surely you can see why some people want an updated gears of war on Xbox one.

You can already get an updated Gears on PC with 4k 60fps.

I want a Gears 4. Not a Remaster again.

You can already get an updated Gears on PC with 4k 60fps.

I want a Gears 4. Not a Remaster again.
Lmao, compare the game clip leak and a 4K PC version you will see the Xbox one version looks much better with the new textures!!

And guess what? They are making gears of war 4 right now using unreal 4

Do you often troll so much?

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
why all the hate on this remastered, i think it looks amazing it being alpha or beta, i just want to play gears again on the xbox one.

Gurrry

I really hope they bring over the gears 3 weapons into gears 1 and 2. I hope everything is sort of cross compatible from a multiplayer aspect.

I also hope this game includes every map that ever came out for it. Some of my most favorite maps were in DLC packs towards the end of the games lifespan. I never got to play them as much as I wanted to.

Either way, I cant wait to be back on Ruins again, hiding in that corridor and blasting the fuck out of someone with my shotgun.

Fuck I missed Gears alot more than I realized. Cant wait for this. Day 0.

deathday

Neo Member
No its not ridiculous to say. That port is not near Gears 3 in terms of lighting IMO. Maybe the open environments will show some improvements. But this dark halls etc show nothing to me.

Come on, fellas. It's not fair to compare.

Gears 3 looked really nice but it was in 720p and at 30fps. This footage is also in 720p and 30fps only because that's what the xbone records in. The final game will be in 1080p and 60fps which, to me, makes it automatically look nicer. So maybe Gears 3 looks nicer in color, detail etc but the resolution and frames will make Gears remaster a lot nicer to look at. But let's at least wait until we see some official footage before we decide.

deathday

Neo Member
Microsoft has not patched GFWL out of Gears 1 yet because the ultimate version will be released on PC as well right?

I don't think Gears 1 on PC will ever be free from GFWL. If and when it shuts down nobody will be able to play online anymore. I mean if Gears 1 was on Steam or some other platform I could see it getting patched... but it's not.

There's a little plugin or dll or something called x liveless. It let me play Fallout 3 and GTA IV without GFWL. I would use that for Gears 1 PC.

Come on, fellas. It's not fair to compare.

Gears 3 looked really nice but it was in 720p and at 30fps. This footage is also in 720p and 30fps only because that's what the xbone records in. The final game will be in 1080p and 60fps which, to me, makes it automatically look nicer. So maybe Gears 3 looks nicer in color, detail etc but the resolution and frames will make Gears remaster a lot nicer to look at. But let's at least wait until we see some official footage before we decide.

Doesnt matter what resolution the game is running at when the lighting tech is still the old outdated one. If in 200p or 1080p, wont change the outcome to me.

Ive got to see enough already...

deathday

Neo Member

3070542944_fac5de85df_z.jpg

Day One, baby! Well.... okay not Day One the GoW 2 map but Day One purchase for sure.

Hugstable

Banned
gaaaaah I want this so bad! I love Gears 1 so much! I pretty much only played the campaign. I hope if I get a Xbox One someday that they release the other Gears games also, I never got a chance to play 2 or 3

mike4001_

gaaaaah I want this so bad! I love Gears 1 so much! I pretty much only played the campaign. I hope if I get a Xbox One someday that they release the other Gears games also, I never got a chance to play 2 or 3

You can bet your a** that they will ;-)

It´s just interesting that they release the first one standalone and not 1-3 together.

But who knows ....

Anyone remember HALO last year ? - there were tons of rumours regarding the remastered HALO 2 but they acutally surprised us by it being HALO 1-4.

Robot Pants

I really hope they bring over the gears 3 weapons into gears 1 and 2. I hope everything is sort of cross compatible from a multiplayer aspect.

I also hope this game includes every map that ever came out for it. Some of my most favorite maps were in DLC packs towards the end of the games lifespan. I never got to play them as much as I wanted to.

Either way, I cant wait to be back on Ruins again, hiding in that corridor and blasting the fuck out of someone with my shotgun.

Fuck I missed Gears alot more than I realized. Cant wait for this. Day 0.
Please no

mike4001_

Would be cool if they said that about 3 months after release: Gears 2 as a 20 USD DLC, then 3 months after that: Gears 3 as a 20 USD DLC :D

Saiyan-Rox

I'd be up for getting this as long as its not a full priced title. I never did give gears of war a chance but paying full price for 1 game nah

COME ON GUYS!!!!

MS will announce a GEARS OF WAR PUBLIC BETA starting on Monday 12:00PM PST June 15th! It will last 7 days! Pre-loading available starting at 9:00AM PST that people will start to make threads about.

HYPE THRUSTERS ACTIVATE.

Pure speculation

levyjl1988

Banned
This is gonna be the Halo MCC all over again.

Internet rumor believes Halo 2 is gonna be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Halo MCC is all a remaster, not just 2.

Internet rumor believes GoW1 will be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Gears of War Collection remastered, not just 1.

Day 1, multiplayer is broken.

RootCause

Wouldn't it be amazing if they gave the same treatment to the other two, and release it as a collection.
I'd take a limited edition XOne.

Lingitiz

This is gonna be the Halo MCC all over again.

Internet rumor believes Halo 2 is gonna be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Halo MCC is all a remaster, not just 2.

Internet rumor believes GoW1 will be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Gears of War Collection remastered, not just 1.

Day 1, multiplayer is broken.

Well Gears more than any other series has a reputation for launching with broken MP.

Top Bottom