• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

This is gonna be the Halo MCC all over again.

Internet rumor believes Halo 2 is gonna be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Halo MCC is all a remaster, not just 2.

Internet rumor believes GoW1 will be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Gears of War Collection remastered, not just 1.

Day 1, multiplayer is broken.

Unlike MCC, this is being tested over the Live environment. 343 claims that they never noticed the issues in their test environment lol

Warablo

Yeah, not sure why people are going crazy over this.

Cause the multiplayer is unmatched, the only thing sorta close is TLOU. This is a entire generation mind you. The only online TPS I got into was TLOU, Gears, and SP: Blacklist

EDIT: And I am not even talking about the whole co-op/horde aspect also..

Cause the multiplayer is unmatched, the only thing sorta close is TLOU. This is a entire generation mind you. The only online TPS I got into was TLOU, Gears, and SP: Blacklist

EDIT: And I am not even talking about the whole co-op/horde aspect also..

The kills are so satisfying in multiplayer TPS games.

oo7

You guys are my people. I've felt so bored lately with the shooters we have coming out as of late. Nothing gives me the satisfaction that Gears multiplayer does. So rewarding, much skill, many feels. No other multiplayer game touches Gears with its clutch moments.

You guys are my people. I've felt so bored lately with the shooters we have coming out as of late. Nothing gives me the satisfaction that Gears multiplayer does. So rewarding, much skill, many feels. No other multiplayer game touches Gears with its clutch moments.

Crazy skill ceiling, you really have to think about position or you're already dead.

That quick scope headshot with active reload with Snipe

oh the feels i would hurt many times.

>=D... come back to me.. come back to me baby. LOL

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The menus (thrown together text & fonts), the game itself (lots of missing effects missing effects) look way too early to be released for E3. Let's be reasonable guys.

I don't see the reason for arguing about the graphics for something people outside of an NDA weren't supposed to see, or isn't even acknowledged by Microsoft to begin with.

Basing decisions to skip the game on video of said alpha/beta is even sillier.

Makes me wish I had an Xbox One and had signed up for VMC to have been busy playing it though.

Raven Down was in Gears 3. It was DLC but it was in there.

No wonder I never saw it there then, I only bought the first two dlc packs then stopped because I missed out on buying a half price season pass only a fucking week later, I felt like I wasted money and didn't want to buy the rest of the map packs after that.

This is gonna be the Halo MCC all over again.

Internet rumor believes Halo 2 is gonna be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Halo MCC is all a remaster, not just 2.

Internet rumor believes GoW1 will be remastered.
Microsoft unveils Gears of War Collection remastered, not just 1.

Day 1, multiplayer is broken.

I really don't think so. One, the original plan for Halo 2 Anniversary was to do just the one game so those rumors made sense. Two, because of the way MCC turned out (ie they bit off more than they could chew) I think they'll be more conservative with this one. Three, Gears 1 being a newer, less dated game than Halo 2 means they won't feel like they need to throw more stuff in to sell it. Four, Rod Fergusson's tweet about not having a Marcus Fenix Collection in development is not a lie if it's just the first game. I think if it was a collection, he would have just not commented definitively on it.

deathday

Neo Member
This doesn't look like a remaster at all. It's literally just the same damn game. Also, it's definitely not 60fps in these videos, so I have absolutely no idea why everyone is getting all excited about this. You people are honestly losing your shit falling for this marketing hype.

Furthermore, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that the multiplayer in Gears 1 was not that great. It was great at the time, yes... but Gears 3 had the best multiplayer in the franchise.

Also, Halo: MCC still doesn't work, so why the hell would anyone want this?

Is anyone else remotely concerned by the fact that it's going to be 2 years into Xbox One's life cycle before we get a new Halo game, and probably 3 years before we get a new Gears game (this remaster doesn't count).

The fps had already been explained before your response. That's what the xbone recorded in at the time.

Marketing hype? It's a leak, you dolt.

Unanimously agreed upon that Gears 1 multiplayer was bad? Source? Why don't you try reading this thread to see what people thought about GoW 1 multiplayer.

MCC has been fixed and works now.

You are the literal worst.

It's possible, like..up for digital purchase as of now *drops mic*

I don't really see myself ever needing to replay Gears 1, but this would still be very cool. That's one thing I really want to see again this year, stuff being immediately released like P.T. and the Dead Rising DLC last year.

SURGEdude

I'm not gonna lie and say I won't buy this but I'm not floored by the remaster graphics. Now I'm the first to admit it has a lot to do with how good it looked in it's original form.

I'd happily pay 30 or 40 bucks day one just to enjoy it again though.

Robot Pants

This doesn't look like a remaster at all. It's literally just the same damn game. Also, it's definitely not 60fps in these videos, so I have absolutely no idea why everyone is getting all excited about this. You people are honestly losing your shit falling for this marketing hype.

Furthermore, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that the multiplayer in Gears 1 was not that great. It was great at the time, yes... but Gears 3 had the best multiplayer in the franchise.

Also, Halo: MCC still doesn't work, so why the hell would anyone want this?

Is anyone else remotely concerned by the fact that it's going to be 2 years into Xbox One's life cycle before we get a new Halo game, and probably 3 years before we get a new Gears game (this remaster doesn't count).
Foolish fellow indeed.
What was it like living under that rock?

M3z_

I loved original Gears multiplayer soooooo much. I probably played a good 200-300 hours of it. Cannot wait for it to become relevant again.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah, you see not everyone has a PC gaming rig.

They cant afford a PC that can run Gears of War 1 at 60fps.
But can afford an Xbox One?
Im sure anyone with anything in the GTX5xx range and above can max out Gears of War 60fps.

You can already get an updated Gears on PC with 4k 60fps.

I want a Gears 4. Not a Remaster again.

Ok... so what does wanting Gears 4 have to do with not wanting a remaster?

You aren't going to magically get Gears 4 faster, Splash Damage are developing this not Black Tusk, the two are pretty much unrelated projects, they outsourced it to an external developer for precisely the reason of it not delaying Gears 4.

And plenty of us seem very happy at this being a thing, I'm sure sales will prove that Xbox One owners do want it too.

The menus (thrown together text & fonts), the game itself (lots of missing effects missing effects) look way too early to be released for E3. Let's be reasonable guys.

I don't see the reason for arguing about the graphics for something people outside of an NDA weren't supposed to see, or isn't even acknowledged by Microsoft to begin with.

Basing decisions to skip the game on video of said alpha/beta is even sillier.

Makes me wish I had an Xbox One and had signed up for VMC to have been busy playing it though.
To be fair the recording date was in February. This would likely have been an early build put out just for this group to test.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I've never gotten around to playing this series, but have been interested for a while. I'd definitely buy an HD collection. Not bothering if it's just the first game though.

I doubt that this is going to sell well if this is scheduled for Fall 2015. There are a lot of games coming.

And Gears is a big franchise. Its a remaster, regardless of all the bells and whistles they put on it, they won't be expecting it to sell 5m like a mainline game. Halo CEA did like 1m? or 2m? on the 360s user base in 2011

I have no doubts this will sell what for what it is, and Microsoft will put resources into it sufficiently enough to give it a chance to be a successful product with reasonable sales expectations.

Who said anything about being able to afford one?

The wild assumption seems to be that just because people have a PC/can afford one, that they actually want to play games like Gears on it. I sure don't, and there are plenty of others like it too (as well as plenty of others that do).

Unsurprisingly, MS are combining fan service with making an easy dollar, bringing it to their primary platform of which PC is not, it makes a lot sense and has nothing to do with PC on that basis

m23

What they just dont own a PC?

I really don't understand what you're arguing.

The original comment I replied to said that people can play Gears 1 at 4K 60fps on PC, essentially saying this remaster is unecessary, to which I replied not everyone has a PC capable of that, myself for example. I have a laptop which sure as hell can't run that. I have an Xbox One though which I play games on, so I'd be happy to buy a remaster because I won't be able to experience Gears 1 at 1080p60fps otherwise.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
meh.

I got this game on PC as well and it doesn't look much different than that version.

rubbing-eyes.gif

Top Bottom