• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

3DShovel

Ive had it. Deleted the game from my hard drive. Just every second person refuses to get into a shotgun battle or any sort of fun gameplay, instead they trug towards you and start swinging for the fences. One of the swings connects; your done. It'll either be a 2 piece or a double melee.

I pray they have this fixed for gears 4.

Is your gamertag the same as your username here? 'cause i just played someone who had the exact same name (or very similar) who two-pieced the whole round...

Btw is there still some kind of "host" advantage in place? There are always two guys (one in my team and one on the other team) in a lobby that have double the amount of kills and are basicly impossible to kill.

Or is that a Netcode/Server issue?

And its weird when i play on US Servers, the game is a bit more constant for me. Sure im in disadvantage a lot but shots seem to connect better than on EU servers.

3DShovel

Btw is there still some kind of "host" advantage in place? There are always two guys (one in my team and one on the other team) in a lobby that have double the amount of kills and are basicly impossible to kill.

Or is that a Netcode/Server issue?

And its weird when i play on US Servers, the game is a bit more constant for me. Sure im in disadvantage a lot but shots seem to connect better than on EU servers.

There is no 'host' anymore, except for in private matches. All matchmaking games are played on servers.

It's definitely possible that they have lower ping than you though, which in Gears makes a massive difference no matter how small.

There is no 'host' anymore, except for in private matches. All matchmaking games are played on servers.

It's definitely possible that they have lower ping than you though, which in Gears makes a massive difference no matter how small.
If you have an observer who hosts, privates aren't at an advantage.

m23

Ive had it. Deleted the game from my hard drive. Just every second person refuses to get into a shotgun battle or any sort of fun gameplay, instead they trug towards you and start swinging for the fences. One of the swings connects; your done. It'll either be a 2 piece or a double melee.

I pray they have this fixed for gears 4.

They eventually fixed this issue with the sequels so I would assume this won't be an issue for 4. Considering this is a Gears 1 remake, I think they were just trying to be faithful to the original.

Always nice to play Gnasher Execution (going for CQC achievement) with some fuckwit who will team kill to ensure he can steal your downs despite the fact that it has a serious net effect on your points...

3DShovel

hJ64Wfl.gif

Kills like this are why I come back to this game. <3

EDIT: Full clip here. http://xboxclips.com/o+t0x1c/4552d9fa-9b08-4b40-89b4-6994bcb60983

Is anyone still waiting on their Gears BC codes from playing Ultimate Edition? Bought this at the end of November and due to backlog I played about ten minutes ( unlocked a single achievement ) to make sure I got my codes. But I'm still waiting here...

Assassination playlist is back this weekend btw so if you need the mix it up achievement (win a match on all versus modes) make sure you play it asap!

I still need to win a match on all maps (I'm missing one). But for the life of me I have no idea which one. In fact I'm sceptical I haven't already.

I still need to win a match on all maps (I'm missing one). But for the life of me I have no idea which one. In fact I'm sceptical I haven't already.

Its probably a map you've only played on once and lost then it was taken out of rotation on certain modes you frequent on.

For me I think it was escalation (whichever one is set on the stairs outside the mansion) and for a while after I got back into it the map either wasn't in the Blitz rotation or was very uncommon, they made some changes to the maps over the double XP event time iirc and it was about the second map I got and boom I got my achievement.

Bullet Marsh is a shitty map btw, just wanted to add that.

Its probably a map you've only played on once and lost then it was taken out of rotation on certain modes you frequent on.

For me I think it was escalation (whichever one is set on the stairs outside the mansion) and for a while after I got back into it the map either wasn't in the Blitz rotation or was very uncommon, they made some changes to the maps over the double XP event time iirc and it was about the second map I got and boom I got my achievement.

Bullet Marsh is a shitty map btw, just wanted to add that.

I'll probably get lynched for saying it - but I dislike a lot of the maps. Gears of War 2 and 3 have much better maps in my opinion.

A lot of my favourite maps weren't even in the original and are hand-me-downs from PC.

Bullet Marsh is indeed terrible. Didn't mind it in Gears 3 though.

Draconian

I'll probably get lynched for saying it - but I dislike a lot of the maps. Gears of War 2 and 3 have much better maps in my opinion.

Not at all. You're spot on. Many of the maps here simply are not good. Bullet Marsh is an abomination and shouldn't be on any playlist. Easily one of the worst maps I've seen in any game.

2San

A lot of my favourite maps weren't even in the original and are hand-me-downs from PC.

Bullet Marsh is indeed terrible. Didn't mind it in Gears 3 though.
Gears 2 for all it's flaws had great maps. Really took the whole 3 lanes concept to it's full potential.

Not at all. You're spot on. Many of the maps here simply are not good. Bullet Marsh is an abomination and shouldn't be on any playlist. Easily one of the worst maps I've seen in any game.

Gears 2 for all it's flaws had great maps. Really took the whole 3 lanes concept to it's full potential.

It's a shame that Gears of War 3 runs so poorly on XBO.

http://youtu.be/0yo25O9Ra3I

Gears of War 2 has a lot of forgotten classics. The DLC maps are excellent too.

malfcn

Having 30MS ping with active reload and multiple point blank shots does shit in this game. I grew up loving this game, and lately have been hating it. Please let Gears 4 have a competent and consistent gnasher solution.

Draconian

Having 30MS ping with active reload and multiple point blank shots does shit in this game. I grew up loving this game, and lately have been hating it. Please let Gears 4 have a competent and consistent gnasher solution.

This.

The shotgun is somehow even worse, which says a lot, because it is a piece of trash.

CHANGES TO BLITZ AND EXECUTION
When Raven Down 24/7 arrives today as a Special Event, we'll also be deploying a couple of updates for Blitz and Execution that we've been testing here at The Coalition!

Execution
While we didn't want to mess with Execution's current settings too much in order to preserve it's competitive nature, we felt it was important to address the feedback from the Execution community seeking longer match times. From Friday's update, we'll be taking a small but potentially significant step in that direction - we'll be closely monitoring match times to decide if we should raise the limit further in the future.

Rounds To Win: 4 -> 5.

Blitz
We've been cooking up some new tweaks to Blitz to further build on the more frantic objective gameplay it currently offers, and it's ready to roll out today.

With this update, rings will now spend much less time in one location and DBNO players can get back into the fight faster. As an experience, it makes Blitz an even faster paced objective mode where you are rarely static - the fight constantly rotates around the map, and it provides a unique alternative to the more capture and hold experience of King of the Hill. We've also removed five maps from the mode that didn't work as well in the new format and upped the Rounds to Win to 2 based on positive feedback from the change to KOTH.

We've had some great fun testing this at the studio, and we look forward to your feedback on how the new Blitz feels!

Rounds to Win: 1 -> 2
Ring Timer: 70 -> 45
Self-Revive Time: 15 -> 10

Removed Bullet Marsh
Removed Courtyard
Removed Gold Rush
Removed Tyro Station
Removed Garden

NEW TITLE UPDATE COMING FOR ULTIMATE EDITION
We are currently putting together the final touches on a new Title Update for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition! While we can't discuss many of the specifics right now until the Title Update is locked and ready for deployment, we've been working on addressing some key fan feedback as part of this update - including making kills for Seriously count in both Social and Competitive.

Keep an eye on GearsofWar.com for full information on the new Title Update in the coming weeks, and let us know what you think of the latest updates in the official forums!

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/ultimate-edition-upcoming-changes

200_s.gif

I am so happy right now!

Yabo

Banned
I love how the Coalition gives constant updates and really care about fan feedback.

I'm more at ease with the state of Gears 4
I trust them with Gears over 343 with Halo. Even tho H5 mp turned out decent.

Its still weird to me that Epic has nothing to donwith Gears 4.

Dem feels. <3

I am really pleased with how you are handling Gears UE, you are doing a great job and I can't wait to see Gears 4!

Love the changes to Blitz in particular.

The one thing I hope you are able to fix in Gears UE is the achievement tracking which is quite annoying for Seriously when it never tells me how close I am and hopefully you will go back to the Gears 3 way of tracking achievements in the war journal which I loved and was awesome

Top Bottom