• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German GAF: PS4 Slim for 199€

Fliesen

Do it...even if you sell it for €150 it would be a great upgrade

sadly, i'm not in Germany.

checked Austrian mediamarkt, but no dice. € 299 for the slim sans game, here.

edit: if only the slim had an USB port on the back, for a cleaner VR setup. :/

Yep, saw the Amazon price and ordered right away.

Probably only gonna use it for exclusives, but I'm damn glad I can finally try those out.

Fdkn

German Amazon also went back up to 299.

Must've been a pricing error and plenty of misinformation among staff.

maybe it was limited

In Spain we got 2 crazy promotions last week

- Trade in your old 500gb ps4 +50€ for a 1tb slim on Game, that lasted a day until they run out of units
- 1tb Slim + FIFA 17 295€, that also sold out on many places but MediaMarkt has the promo still going on as of today

wbEMX

Bought my 1TB PS4 in Summer '15 for 300 € and even then I thought that was a crazy good deal. But the Slim for 200 € is (or rather was :p) insane.

noobie

Banned
Sony dropping price in wrong countries. It should have been dropped in USA and UK.. where its losing market share.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Nachtfalke said:
Seems like the Slim sales are not too hot one month before the PS4 Pro release.
I doubt these are reactive, more likely planned.
Saturn was selling Starwars Slim bundle last week for 250Euro (comes with Episode VII BluRay and LegoStarwars Episode VII), right next to standard Slims for 299.
Slim most likely has a significant margin at MSRP (bigger than original did at 350), and retailers just have a lot of freedom to play with prices - this isn't unlike what happened with PS revisions before. Ie. I'd expect similar this holiday season in other countries too. Also the widening price-gap should highlight Pro catering to a completely different type of buyers.

noobie said:
Sony dropping price in wrong countries. It should have been dropped in USA and UK.. where its losing market share.
Sony's regional teams do things rather independent from one another, whatever plans US has, wouldn't be affected by Euro pricing strategy.

gtj1092

I don't think they are panicked. Sure the flood gates will be opened in November and December. Only then will we know if there has been a shift in those markets.

Pennywise

Sony didn't drop the price, it was MediaMarkt.
Amazon only reacted, they always do when MediaMarkt got a certain offer.
Whenever it is games, accessories or consoles.

Octagon

Some local Media Markt stores still have some in stock for 199€.
Mine was from the store in the eastern part of Munich and there are still some left, if anybody is interested.

Top Bottom