• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Hardware LTD through March 2015: PS4 1.6 million, XBO 378K

Kikujiro

God dammit! It's a PROMOTION! I bought PS+ 1 year for 35$! Try harder. You really know shit. Nice spin.

Regular price for XBL 1 year is 59.99$, for PS+ 1 year 49.99$

He's absolutely hilarious, hating a company like they killed his puppy and making shit up. Fanboy to the extreme.

I don't see MS spending too much money on marketing, while as a company they have money to throw away, we don't know if they are willing to do it for the gaming division. Besides I think the next XBox will be digital only service-like.

Xando

You do know that a CL game like Bayern vs. Barcelona is one of the most watched sports events worldwide. Germany isn't the main factor in that equation.

Champions League has been one of the most watched events before the 360 released, still MS never bought any sponsorships.

Champions League has been one of the most watched events before the 360 released, still MS never bought any sponsorships.

The Sony-CL deal runs way longer than you think. Has been in place since the PS1 days in the mid 90's. Might have never been available to MS. But even if MS makes a deal, they will probably use it for Surface and Lumia (see the Real deal).

ZhugeEX

Banned
The Sony-CL deal runs way longer than you think. Has been in place since the PS1 days in the mid 90's. Might have never been available to MS. But even if MS makes a deal, they will probably use it for Surface and Lumia (see the Real deal).

Yup.

May 23rd 1997

Sony announced that they would invest a minimum of £10 million over a three year period in sponsoring the UEFA Champions League, the biggest soccer club tournament worldwide. Sony took over from Phillips Electronics Group in UEFA's total list of 8 sponsors. The deal was set up by Sony Japan and Europe to promote the PlayStation computer entertainment system in Europe as well as to retain and build on it's lead in the European video games sector. At the time, David Patton, European marketing manager for Sony said "this is' just the beginning 'of a range of PlayStation soccer sponsorships". Sony also announced that shipments in Europe had exceeded 3 million around the same time and that they'd be increasing production capacity to 1.5m units per month to fulfil worldwide demand. And the rest is history.

ZhugeEX

Banned

I see your just going to ignore my post where I says that number encompasses North America and not just the USA. They have a separate page that has US only sales which are somewhat accurate based on NPD. The rest of their numbers are made up crap though and not even worth looking at.

You need to stop posting and debating numbers from a banned website. It will get you banned. Especially as you're using this banned website to back up your points.

Edit: Told you....

Yup.

May 23rd 1997

Sony announced that they would invest a minimum of £10 million over a three year period in sponsoring the UEFA Champions League, the biggest soccer club tournament worldwide. Sony took over from Phillips Electronics Group in UEFA's total list of 8 sponsors. The deal was set up by Sony Japan and Europe to promote the PlayStation computer entertainment system in Europe as well as to retain and build on it's lead in the European video games sector. At the time, David Patton, European marketing manager for Sony said "this is' just the beginning 'of a range of PlayStation soccer sponsorships". Sony also announced that shipments in Europe had exceeded 3 million around the same time and that they'd be increasing production capacity to 1.5m units per month to fulfil worldwide demand. And the rest is history.

uefa_htc.jpg

Just a dumb thought:
This might be reason #1 why MS won't get into CL sponsorship and Sony doesn't continue the deal. They are both competitors of HTC in the mobile space.
To "only" advertise a gaming system, that spot might be too expensive.

Javin98

Banned
And Death is banned again. I hope he will eventually learn a lesson not to use that banned site to prove his point even if he does not agree with other people's predictions.

Sakujou

Banned
God dammit! It's a PROMOTION! I bought PS+ 1 year for 35$! Try harder. You really know shit. Nice spin.

Regular price for XBL 1 year is 59.99$, for PS+ 1 year 49.99$

i didnt know that ebay is only offering promotions. also there are a couple of european sites, where you can buy those codes. if you buy them retail, than you are sort of right.

but yeah, calling me a fanboy, thanks for that.

Seraphiel

Banned
i didnt know that ebay is only offering promotions. also there are a couple of european sites, where you can buy those codes. if you buy them retail, than you are sort of right.

but yeah, calling me a fanboy, thanks for that.

People can only judge you on your posts, and you have posted some dubious posts in other threads that might lead some to believe you are irrationally against a certain console / console manufacturer.

PtM

Banned
People can only judge you on your posts, and you have posted some dubious posts in other threads that might lead some to believe you are irrationally against a certain console / console manufacturer.
Goddamn, that's some unnecessary hatred right there. I don't get why people would hate a successful console unless they are fanboys.
there-it-is.gif²

Javin98

Banned
there-it-is.gif²
Sorry, what is your point? Yes, I did say that but I think it's not uncalled for if you have seen some of his posts. He literally outright said he hated the PS4 for being successful because "it has no games".

PtM

Banned
Sorry, what is your point? Yes, I did say that but I think it's not uncalled for if you have seen some of his posts. He literally outright said he hated the PS4 for being successful because "it has no games".

I quoted your post to illustrate Seraphiel's and also weigh in on the fanboyism.

Circinus

The champions league deal between UEFA and Sony is ending this year. Will be interesting to see if Microsoft takes the chance that is offered here to get a better footprint in Europe and especially in Spain, Italy and Germany.

They just announced that they extended the partnership with a new deal for 2015-2018, and Sony Xperia will be joining the PlayStation promotion.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/05...ficial-partners-of-the-uefa-champions-league/
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2249370.html

UEFA today announced that an agreement has been reached with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), one of the world's leading manufacturers of games consoles and publisher of computer games, to extend its relationship as an official partner of the UEFA Champions League.

This agreement is for three seasons, commencing at the start of 2015/16, and will include the UEFA Super Cup in 2015, 2016 and 2017, as well as the UEFA Women's Champions League final and UEFA Youth League finals for the above-mentioned three seasons.

Xperia joins PlayStation
The new deal will incorporate not only PlayStation, currently the official gaming partner, but also Sony Mobile's Xperia brand within the mobile category, and will run until the end of the 2017/18 football season. It will see Sony's involvement with Europe's most prestigious club football competition come to life through its exclusive products and services.

uefa_htc.jpg

Just a dumb thought:
This might be reason #1 why MS won't get into CL sponsorship and Sony doesn't continue the deal. They are both competitors of HTC in the mobile space.
To "only" advertise a gaming system, that spot might be too expensive.

Funny you mentioned this, because Sony Xperia is now part of the deal as well. ;)

Top Bottom