• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany reinstates Border Controls - Temporarily exits from Schengen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Message to illegal immigrants from Hungary

lmao

Yr9bJzW.jpg

Crashing the EU...WITH NO SURVIVORS

EloKa

So we have a German police officer stabbed in the neck, violence being committed by refugees/migrants to get what they want and a German official telling local school girls not to wear skirts in case they are raped. Only a matter of time before people are killed and the whole thing blows up in Germany's face.

The bias is strong with this and the whole post is a single hyperbole.

Yeah, we have a single german police officer that got stabbed in the neck by an Iraqi who lived in germany since almost 10 years and was an official criminal. Please give me the context of this case to the general refugee discussion.

The clash between refugees and police forces at this single hungarian boarder point was definately a bad move from both sides. But calling this "violence" might be a bit too much and you make it sound like policemen were personally attacked. Your contribution to the discussion is "all refugees are bad violence offenders"?

German official telling local school girls not to wear skirts in case they are raped. This statement is simply wrong. It was neither an official but a principal. Also there was never a "wear no skirts in case they are raped" statement made. The girls were told not to act "slutty" on behalf to increase a potential risk because there are many men nearby without women. Doesn't matter where those men are from. Please give me the context of this case to the general refugee discussion.

"Only a matter of time before people are killed and the whole thing blows up in Germany's face" - Did you hear the news? People get killed every day somewhere. Are refugees trying to wipe the mankind off from earth's surface?

German official telling local school girls not to wear skirts in case they are raped. This statement is simply wrong.
Oh, phew! That sounded like right wing propaganda!

It was neither an official but a principal.
....OK.....

Also there was never a "wear no skirts in case they are raped" statement made.
Thank goodness! So where does this principal come in then?

The girls were told not to act "slutty" on behalf to increase a potential risk because there are many men nearby without women.
...I'm sorry, what?

Doesn't matter where those men are from. Please give me the context of this case to the general refugee discussion.
I think it's this bit:

"parents were instructed to take precautions and to restrict their children from wearing transparent tops or blouses, short shorts or miniskirts. “This could lead to misunderstandings,” explained the headmaster, noting the different culture of the Muslim asylum seekers"

You kind of ignored it when you said it didn't matter where the men were from. You kind of changed the dress code stuff into acting slutty too. Seems left wing damage control is further from reality than right wing propaganda this time. What a mess.

EloKa

I think it's this bit:

"parents were instructed to take precautions and to restrict their children from wearing transparent tops or blouses, short shorts or miniskirts. “This could lead to misunderstandings,” explained the headmaster, noting the different culture of the Muslim asylum seekers"

You kind of ignored it when you said it didn't matter where the men were from. You kind of changed the dress code stuff into acting slutty too. Seems left wing damage control is further from reality than right wing propaganda this time. What a mess.

Okay, so we have this situation:

"Girls, there are many men around for a while who don't have women ... and they might be interested in ... stuff, you know? So please, wear some clothes and avaid transparent clothing or miniskirts. Oh btw, those men are not from germany and don't know german culture at this point.".

Yeah, not seeing the "We have to change our way of life because of refugees!" must be some left wing stuff because running around in transparent tops every day in front of a horde of "underfucked" men is totally fine as long as those men are not refugees.

"Not knowing the culture of the country you seek shelter in" is in no way an excuse for anything dumb, ignorant and/or criminal one might do.
Just because i don't know something about a foreign culture, i can't go on and project principles of my own on those who are "native" in this foreign culture.

Damn, the right wing websites sure added some original stuff. That added rape part is such an joke.

Nothing was forbidden or the students were forced not to wear specific things - a dress code in German schools is even unconstitutional.

But there are 150 young men right now from a different country who can't do anything there, that is something young women shouldn't forget.
But Syria isn't a country with a strict dress code for women so they aren't turning crazy if they see a woman in a skirt.

Damn, the right wing websites sure added some original stuff. That added rape part is such an joke.

Nothing was forbidden or the students were forced not to wear specific things - a dress code in German schools is even unconstitutional.

But there are 150 young men right now from a different country who can't do anything there, that is something young women shouldn't forget.

What shouldn't they forget? You need to be a bit more specific..

But Syria isn't a country with a strict dress code for women so they aren't turning crazy if they see a woman in a skirt.

Of course the point of all this is that there shouldn't be 150 foreign men living in a high school. That accepting hundreds of thousands of migrants is a bad idea. That it puts these girls in needless danger.

mephel

Okay, so we have this situation:
Oh btw, those men are not from germany and don't know german culture at this point.".

The fact that you are calling this "cultural difference" is just absurd. You know what is a cultural difference? Handshake vs bow, or the fact that you address someone wrongly.

Not inability to wear clothes you've always worn just because some men can't contain their dick in their pants.

You know what? How about they wear whatever the hell they want, what they've always worn in their country, without troubles.
"She asked for it with those clothes" - do you know where you can hear this sentence a lot?

I don't even think that there is a higher risk of rape for the girls with the refugees around, but the argument that you used is completely insane

What victim blaming?

That letter didn't claim or even implied that any crimes would happen if they wear such clothes.
So what shouldn't these women forget then? Why should they have to take into account there are young men with nothing to do there?

To "avoid misunderstandings." I think it's pretty clear what that means.

I'm not saying these 200 people will suddenly go out and commit crimes, but the fact that people are worried about it already tells something about the situation.

Sure, because it's the girls faults when something happens to them... How is this not victim blaming?

So what shouldn't these women forget then? Why should they have to take into account there are young men with nothing to do there?

I'm not saying these 200 people will suddenly go out and commit crimes, but the fact that people are worried about it already tells something about the situation.

What victims? Someone got raped already? You are basically teaching children to become racists little pricks because you (you = the teacher/principal/parents) are a racist prick.

Oh look at that brown syrian rapist muslim, stay far away from him. Only play with children with blonde hair.

Sorry but what the school is doing is profiling and stereotyping at the worst level.

What victims? Someone got raped already? You are basically teaching children to become racists little pricks because you (you = the teacher/principal/parents) are a racist prick.

Oh look at that brown syrian rapist muslim, stay far away from him. Only play with children with blonde hair.
I'm not talking about the school there. The words of the other poster:

But there are 150 young men right now from a different country who can't do anything there, that is something young women shouldn't forget
So what is he talking about there? Seems pretty clear to me he implies women should adapt their lives according to him, because there are "young men right now who can't do anything here."

Saying that specific actions can have different meanings in different cultures isn't victim blaming nor do you expect that the refugees would suddenly rape the first best woman on sight.

You are tying a little too hard here.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Sorry but what the school is doing is profiling and stereotyping at the worst level.

Yeah, we reached the point where we're blaming the refugees for a letter written by a xenophobe school principal.

Again, the next letter should state that they should not bring homemade electronics to school.

EloKa

Not inability to wear clothes you've always worn just because some men can't contain their dick in their pants.

true point. But this discussion is about the fact that people ITT claim or act like this is a problem ONLY because those men are refugees.
If those men were french, greeks, italians, criminals or whatever it would propably be fine in their arguments.

I think it's more interesting that some people doing instantly some rape accusations.

It's quite telling about the mind set of some people here, who want to show the refugees as some barbarians who are just in Europe to steal so much money as possible and rape the women here.

Saying that specific actions can have different meanings in different cultures isn't victim blaming nor do you expect that the refugees would suddenly rape the first best woman on sight.

Still didn't say what you mean. How should people take that into account then? I don't see any reason why someone living next to a refugee center should have to adapt their lives, which according to you they should.

true point. But this discussion is about the fact that people ITT claim or act like this is a problem ONLY because those men are refugees.
If those men were french, greeks, italians, criminals or whatever it would propably be fine in their arguments.
I don't think so. It's just a recipe for disaster to put so many people - primarily young men - in the same spot. We have already seen fighting, worries about abuse in these centers and more. You can't blame the local population for being a little worried about that.

I think it's more interesting that some people doing instantly some rape accusations.
You are the one implying that yourself with the "that is something young women shouldn't forget." What is going to happen when they forget that?

You said:

"But there are 150 young men right now from a different country who can't do anything there, that is something young women shouldn't forget."

What exactly did you mean by that? Because it sure sounds like you're saying girls at the school need to change the way they act and dress or something might happen.

Still didn't say what you mean. How should people take that into account then? I don't see any reason why someone living next to a refugee center should have to adapt their lives, which according to you they should.

I don't think so. It's just a recipe for disaster to put so many people - primarily young men - in the same spot. We have already seen fighting, worries about abuse in these centers and more. You can't blame the local population for being a little worried about that.

You are the one implying that yourself with the "that is something young women shouldn't forget."

Dunno, I didn't make any rape accusations. So I'm not to blame what you are interpreting in things.

EloKa

We have already seen fighting, worries about abuse in these centers and more. You can't blame the local population for being a little worried about that.

German official telling local school girls not to wear skirts in case they are raped. Only a matter of time before people are killed

you call stuff like this "a little worried"? Imho this has nothing to do with beeing a little worried because that's fine and there are worrisome reasons.

But people are overreacting and spreading false information almost like they're trying to run a campagin for or against something.

you call stuff like this "a little worried"?
I did not say I totally agree what that statement. I don't expect sudden waves of violence or rape, please let that be clear.

But I do expect the people living around those areas to feel less safe, because of these incidents that happen - and will happen - from time to time, which is also a problem. And we should be watchful that that doesn't happen too much, because the system gets overloaded and we don't have the manpower to keep an eye on things and manage everything.

Until other countries than Sweden and Germany start doing their part, by increasing their pitiful quotas by a factor of ten or so, we are going to be stuck with the current system of undocumented immigration and refugee smuggling. It's not the fault of the people in need. It's the fault of countries in our part of the world not doing their part.
This still seems to me the way to handle things. Up the quota, then bring those people from those camps in Turkey and Lebanon safely to Europe instead of them risking their lives and being victim of human trafficking. And we can get their families over, instead of those being broken up like now.

Yes, he should.

These people in Serbia are not fleeing a conflict anymore. The stopped fleeing about 1000 miles back. They already fled.

They want into to the EU? So do a lot of people. There's a big queue, go and join it.

Come the fuck on. They flee Syria, because it is hell on earth. Then they end up in neighbouring countries, where they have to live in misery, because the refugee camps are too overcrowded. Sickness, dirt, food scarcity and so on. Of course people want to get out.

What do you mean join the queue? Get in through an official path like a quota system? I agree that would be the best way if the system worked. Unfortunately, it doesn't. And it doesn't, because there are so many countries not doing their part, so the quotas are not nearly large enough. Can you blame people for wanting to circumvent a broken system? Until other countries than Sweden and Germany start doing their part, by increasing their pitiful quotas by a factor of ten or so, we are going to be stuck with the current system of undocumented immigration and refugee smuggling. It's not the fault of the people in need. It's the fault of countries in our part of the world not doing their part.

lenos16

Come the fuck on. They flee Syria, because it is hell on earth. Then they end up in neighbouring countries, where they have to live in misery, because the refugee camps are too overcrowded. Sickness, dirt, food scarcity and so on. Of course people want to get out.

What do you mean join the queue? Get in through an official path like a quota system? I agree that would be the best way if the system worked. Unfortunately, it doesn't. And it doesn't, because there are so many countries not doing their part, so the quotas are not nearly large enough. Can you blame people for wanting to circumvent a broken system? Until other countries than Sweden and Germany start doing their part, by increasing their pitiful quotas by a factor of ten or so, we are going to be stuck with the current system of undocumented immigration and refugee smuggling. It's not the fault of the people in need. It's the fault of countries in our part of the world not doing their part.

No he is implying that once the refugees leave the first secure country they were in, they automatically become migrants and thus lose their refugee status. At this point the correct way would be to apply for an immigration visa as is standard procedure.

No he is implying that once the refugees leave the first secure country they were in, they automatically become migrants and thus lose their refugee status. At this point the correct way would be to apply for an immigration visa as is standard procedure.

Well, I addressed that point in the first part of my post. Conditions in the neighbouring countries to the troublesome countries suck at the moment. If I had a family, I would do all i could to get us out of there.

Yeah, what would young men do if they see other young women?
According to you "something young women shouldn't forget."

That's why I'm asking. Because I don't see any reason why women should act differently because there are now a group of young men around. But according to you, they should.

But if you refuse to answer that, I won't push it any further.

YoungFa

That's why I'm asking. Because I don't see any reason why women should act differently because there are now a group of young men around. But according to you, they should.
Really? So you think it would not be less safe for girls to behave the same in the presence of a large group of unfucked man as they do on their slumber partys? You should know men this age only think about fucking, but their prefrontal cortex is still not fully devloped.
And its not victing blaming for christ sake, it's called precaution. Why take a chance?

I'm not to blame if you think instantly on rape and victim blaming if the real intent of the letter and the official statements are quite trivial. The refugees are basically forced to watch when the students are doing school sports and some try to hit on them.

Really? So you think it would not be less safe for girls to behave the same in the presence of a large group of unfucked man as they do on their slumber partys? You should know men this age only think about fucking, but their prefrontal cortex is still not fully devloped.
And its not victing blaming for christ sake, it's called precaution. Why take a chance?
And there we have it. So then why put these men next to a high school? And why blame people for feeling unsafe because of it? Because that is what other posters here are doing.

I'm not to blame if you think instantly on rape and victim blaming if the real intent of the letter and the official statements are quite trivial. The refugees are basically forced to watch when the students are doing school sports and some try to hit on them.
Seems to me it's a pretty bad idea then to put a refugee center next to a high school if you anticipate problems because of it.

EloKa

The principal also instructed the pupils not to stare at them over a long time period, not to sneak up to take pictures like from animals in a zoo and also not to throw stuff at them. Imho thats the same as "please don't wear transparent tops or blouses". It is (propably) not changing anyones behaviour because they (propably) don't wear that stuff anyway.

But few people here try to do some "refugees = rapists" stunt which is just bad propaganda.

And you don't see a problem with adult men hitting on school girls? Also "forced to watch", come on, do you even read what you write?

Then why put mostly single male migrants in a school? How about not taking them in? Isn't that a better precaution?

The principal also instructed the pupils not to stare at them over a long time period, not to sneak up to take pictures like from animals in a zoo and also not to throw stuff at them. Imho thats the same as "please don't wear transparent tops or blouses". It is (propably) not changing anyones behaviour because they (propably) don't wear that stuff anyway.

But few people here try to do some "refugees = rapists" stunt which is just bad propaganda.
The first is "don't be an asshole" which everyone should agree with. The second tells people to change their behavior, or at least warns them not to act a certain way (even if that way has nothing to do with the refugees and does not harm them). That is a big distinction to me.

Are you inhumane? Its a humanitarian crisis and compromises have to made. Jesus. How can you compare telling others to adjust a bit to letting people die? Whats wrong with you?
Pretty big difference between "let's not put 200 men next to a high school" and "let them die." Every time someone brings up concerns it seems the counter argument is "so you want them to die!" which is not the case. You can address problems with this refugee situation while still supporting helping people.

YoungFa

And you don't see a problem with adult men hitting on school girls? Also "forced to watch", come on, do you even read what you write?

Then why put mostly single male migrants in a school? How about not taking them in? Isn't that a better precaution?

Are you inhumane? Its a humanitarian crisis and compromises have to made. Jesus. How can you compare telling others to adjust a bit to letting people die? Whats wrong with you?

If anyone is interested eurostat published Q2 15 refugee statistics today for all EU countries.

Germany 80k
Hungary 32k
Austria 17k
France, Italy and Sweden all 14k

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...time_asylum_applicants,_Q2_2014_–_Q2_2015.png

Keep in mind that many migrants in Italy choose not to apply for refugee status, as that would make it impossible for them to move to richer countries that provide significant benefits.

If you look at asylum recognition rates, the picture is very different.

20150905_woc966_0.png

What especially Sweden is doing is commendable, but this is one of the few cases where Italy is really putting some work. Oue coast guard has saved hundreds of thousands, we assist and provide duty of care to them and accept a sizeable number of refugee cases. We could do much better benefits-wise, especially regarding accommodations, but it's not too shabby for a country with busted budgets and high unemployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom