• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany sales update: PS4 3.25 million; Wii U 750K; XBO 710K

I wonder when the Scorpio comes out if Microsoft will only focus on North America and the UK. Since the bone did so poorly this gen everywhere else.

Rymuth

Way to go germany!

MMBF3mU.gif
Its a marathon, not a race!

MS will get that 40% markeshare...eventully.

El Topo

Even last gen when Sony did everything wrong they still out sold MS in Germany .
Which is one of the reasons why people say Germany loves Sony .
So it's not a current gen thing , it just worst this gen .

I know it's not a current thing, but people are just coming up with excuses for disappointing or even horrible performances. There is no inherent hatred against Microsoft that somehow makes it impossible for them to do well in Germany. Even things like the NSA scandal are probably only short-term detrimental. They just keep fucking up and/or don't do enough to convince consumers to switch.

If you sell less than Wii U, you fucked up. Big time.

I know it's not a current thing, but people are just coming up with excuses for disappointing or even horrible performances. There is no inherent hatred against Microsoft that somehow makes it impossible for them to do well in Germany. Even things like the NSA scandal are probably only short-term detrimental. They just keep fucking up and/or don't do enough to convince consumers to switch.

When you sold less than Wii U, you fucked up. Big time.

It doesn't have to be hatred, maybe just brand loyalty. Now Microsoft didn't help themselves by any means but certain regions do have preferences for certain brands.

Lima

The only reason Microsoft had a relatively large market share last gen was piracy. If you look at the 2:1 ratio between PS3 and 360 and then look at the game charts you will notice a lack of 360 titles charting. What did all those people do with their 360's?

Play HD-DVDs?

Xbox One is comfortably ahead Nintendo Wii U in Europe.

Nintendo Wii U has only shipped 3.53 million systems in (Other) regions. Xbox One is above 3.5 million sell-through with just UK, France and Germany.

Yeah. I don't know how people turn this to small victory for Nintendo. Europe has been the biggest disaster region for WiiU by far considering the size of the overall European gaming market. I mean Japanese numbers are pretty close to EU shipments and it's not like WiiU is even a success in Japan.

Shiggy

Nobody wants an Xbox One over here. It's much cheaper than the Wii U. You can get the Xbox One plus 4 games plus a second controller for 250 EUR right now.

cgcg

Yea but are those Active Users engaging the ecosystem Monthly? I mean it is possible those purchased a PS4 and just turned it on once. Very inconclusive numbers. Xbone can still come out ahead.

El Topo

I still don't understand why EA has exclusive features for FIFA on the X1.

Probably because at some point someone in some meeting asked "Hey, those $500m we spent on the NFL deal...uh...what about the rest of the world?", so they threw some money at EA and decided to call it a day.

Shiggy

Yea but are those Active Users engaging the ecosystem Monthly? I mean it is possible those purchased a PS4 and just turned it on once. Very inconclusive numbers. Xbone can still come out ahead.

Waiting for someone to take this seriously.

jjonez18

So Germany's lifetime PS4 sales eclipsed Japan. What a crazy world!

Won't last much longer. Especially with Tales and Persona 5 in the near future and FFXV and Yakuza 6 during the holidays.

Currently

Japan:
YTD - 710k
LTD - 3.1m

Germany:
YTD - 460k
LTD - 3.25m

Shin-chan

Won't last much longer. Especially with Tales and Persona 5 in the near future and FFXV and Yakuza 6 during the holidays.

Currently

Japan:
YTD - 710k
LTD - 3.1m

Germany:
YTD - 460k
LTD - 3.25m

Also the Ps4 released several months later in Japan and missed the first holiday period so the LTDs aren't covering the same time period. But still, it's a bad picture for Japan.

Top Bottom