• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

N° 2048

Oh man I get the sampler pack , 10 grams 10 strains.

First world problems when you have too many strains and can't choose.

They're not banning the strains, just the names. I'm sure growers and dispensaries can think of more clever branding that doesn't let critics say they're appealing to kids. This is "Don't take Joe Camel from me!" levels of faux-anguish. Be adult about your adult activities.

No Love

Banned
You mean go to a really laid back doctor who'll prescribe anything to anybody, make up an ailment, and fake my way to an MJ card? Just doesn't seem to be the right thing to do.

You are the kind of person that just enjoys fucking yourself in the ass if it means some feigned sense of morality.

The point is to get a card for whatever your usage needs may be, no matter how minor or major. But I don't think they issue them to people on high horses lol.

Davey Cakes

You are the kind of person that just enjoys fucking yourself in the ass if it means some feigned sense of morality.

The point is to get a card for whatever your usage needs may be, no matter how minor or major. But I don't think they issue them to people on high horses lol.
You read me wrong. I'm not on a high horse I just don't think I can play up any of my issues as severe enough to get a card. That's all.

Minor insomnia is probably the best thing I could come up with.

Ashhong

Don't know why you would be ok with illegally purchasing mj from a dealer but slightly over exaggerating a condition is "not the right thing to do"

In vacation in Hawaii, wish I could have brought some weed or something. Beaches are amazing here

Wow, not being an asshole at all right there, smh. He doesn't want to lie to a doctor and that's the response he gets?

No Love

Banned
Wow, not being an asshole at all right there, smh. He doesn't want to lie to a doctor and that's the response he gets?

But he'd rather buy it off the black market. Totally better than telling a doc you want something for sleep. Yeah, OK. 😄

The mental gymnastics some people will do.

But he'd rather buy it off the black market. Totally better than telling a doc you want something for sleep. Yeah, OK. 😄

The mental gymnastics some people will do.

It's not about mental gymnastics, it's about how much a jerk you across as when trying to make your point. No need to bash him

Look at this picture while high. Are the stairs going up or down?

ffe9c926d696badc93e5124b85c2240a.jpg

So, my Crafty seems to have shit the bed completely within the past few days. I noticed it hasn't quite been able to handle my 10 second draws lately, the LED would go red after around 6 seconds, and it would take around 40 seconds to heat back up between draws when it usually takes 20. No biggie I thought, I've had it for a while now and I use it almost everyday, I can deal with it. Then yesterday it started cutting out mid-draw and running out of battery within one session. Tried it once more last night on a full charge and the battery was depleted within 3 hits. It's fucked. :(

I got some edibles that are 140 mg THC, how strong is this? I don't have much experience with edibles

That's a lot for someone without much edibles experience. You're better off taking about 1/6 of that, wait two hours, and take another 1/6 if you feel like it.

So, my Crafty seems to have shit the bed completely within the past few days. I noticed it hasn't quite been able to handle my 10 second draws lately, the LED would go red after around 6 seconds, and it would take around 40 seconds to heat back up between draws when it usually takes 20. No biggie I thought, I've had it for a while now and I use it almost everyday, I can deal with it. Then yesterday it started cutting out mid-draw and running out of battery within one session. Tried it once more last night on a full charge and the battery was depleted within 3 hits. It's fucked. :(

My PAX 2 is still going strong with almost daily use since it first came out. An absolute workhorse worth every penny.

Had half of it, was pretty strong and lasted half this day, did not expect that

But it took an hour to kick in so I kept eating it

This is where everyone screws up. "Man, I don't feel anything yet! Better eat some more." And it's not something to do at night if you have anything important to do the next day. You will still be high.

No Love

Banned
Don't fuck around with edibles. All of their marketed dosage is based off guess work. I get absolutely thrashed by edibles because each company/maker measures differently or doesn't even measure correctly. Think about it... Their materials vary wildly in strength. One batch of trim might be wayyyy stronger than the other.

Got some Ethos Indica tincture spray. I few sprays under you tongue and you get a nice relaxing calm. We got it since my wife can't really smoke. We tried vape cartridges but were disappointed. I felt a nice calm after 2 sprays, but it took my wife 4 to feel anything, and she is half my size. It is true that people react differently.

I also got some pre-rolls to try out. One of them was called Death Star, so I had to get it!

cress2000

I'm attempting to T-break until November. My oils are running out too fast now.

I think I want to move on to herb vaping in the future. I want to go big for a Volcano or something. Probably won't be until next year or so though.

Fuck I'm so high I forgot the strain name???

Haha. Do you remember it now?

cress2000

what about in terms of the high? any difference? I was looking at the g pen

I honestly don't know myself. I only started using cannabis this year at all (besides an edible my mom gave me years ago, which had little effect on me) and my only real experience is with wax/oil pens so far. I did more experimentation with oral/edibles for about a week once some months ago but it just wasn't working to any worthwhile level no matter what I tried to do.

I've heard that pens in general aren't really as good as say a real dab rig, and that they're mostly for portability. I'm fine with what I get out of my best pens for now, but I don't know how it would be for those more experienced.

Though I will say I've still yet to experience a high as intense and crazy as during as my first major trip (a few days or so after starting). I'd clearly done more than any previous time (3 hits with the last one being massive), and it was scary as hell. I felt detached, paranoid, and experienced time passing in very slow motion. When I walked around, I felt like I was living in a slide-show. I've never managed to get anywhere near this again, no matter how much I do lol.

No Love

Banned
Got 30 new strains in over the last few days, including some grown by Jungleboyz if anyone is familiar. Will post some pics soon

Davey Cakes

Will recreational pass in California this time? This would be huge for the movement
Recreational should pass everywhere. People need to get informed just a little bit about marijuana and the benefits of legalization. If they'd take their heads out of the sand, they'd realize that legalization isn't only inevitable in the long run, but beneficial to states due to revenue, taking the black market down a notch, and improving research initiatives.

The more people are willing to research marijuana, the more they will understand the benefits of legalization. The ads saying "no on 4" are absolutely ridiculous and, shall I say, extremist. Neighborhoods aren't going to become destroyed by dispensaries.

Allowing legalization means that knowledge can expand. Being against legalization is being against the freedoms we have to discover alternatives to other medicines. Anyone with a lick of sense will vote yes on Question 4 because they will realize that the War On Drugs is fruitless if it focuses on marijuana, which is a substance that has zero overdose situations associated with it, with exceptions. You can't die purely from absorbing too much THC, but obviously you can take a dose of a certain strain that induces too many psychological effects for a newcomer. A few cases of people jumping off of balconies (because they mistakenly took a high dose without being educated on how dosing work) shouldn't lead to prohibition overall. Proper dosing is imperative to any drug. Education, not prohibition, is key to fighting the so-called "War on Drugs."

People need to get their heads on straight with this issue.

Question 4 is likely the best we'll get. It has limitations, but the local governments can always make adjustments. Personal, legal in-home use is important, and being able to grow your own is a right that I fully support. This is not corporate marijuana legalization, this is sensible marijuana legalization, and that's why I'm for it.

cress2000

I just had a most incredible mind trip getting deep into philosophical stuff. I now feel a sense of inner peace I haven't felt in god knows how long.

The T-break really helped. Along with personal revelations recently.

Vaporizing, you tend to get a more amazing and clean taste. Different taste too. But it also doesn't quite last, or linger in your mouth.

The thing about smoking cannabis is like any aquired taste, after a while your taste buds filter out the nasty tasting stuff. Thats why people get obsessed with the taste of things like Whiskey, cigars, and cannabis. Eventually, the good stuff will taste fucking incredible, and cannabis imo is at the top of the list.

Smoking it, good stuff, after a certain point, just becomes heaven. I don't think the heights of vaporizing match the heights of smoking, but to most people vaporizing is a much better and less nasty way of consuming cannabis, especially newer consumers. But vaporizing is clearly a healtheir thing. Teeth and cardiovascular, are the two most immediate and obvious benefits.

Also vaporizing handheld machines, can be very very stealthy and discreet. Hitting in cinemas, parks or bathrooms to no one else being wiser, if you should wish.

man i need to chill on vaping.. doing it everyday and I'm burning through these cartridges

how much do you guys pay for a 1g cartridge

Top Bottom