• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost-Age: What have you experienced that freaked you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is my story wich is totally explainable. When I was young I used to sleep a lot in my grandpartents' house. Guess what, that house felt like the creepiest and at the same time the warmest place I could have ever been, I loved it. But I am susceptible and I was a little creeped by the fact that one of their sons died in a tragic accident, so yeah my bedroom wasn't his bedroom (wich became the hall) but who gives a shit when you're 10 years old! My bedroom was the worst part of the house: smelly, dark and full of fuckin puppets, one of them was a clown without nose and my brother was scared because he broke its nose accidentally, so it was totally waiting for its revenge. And guess what? I found that clown lying on the floor many times. But I wasn't freaked by it, I found more scary the doll next to him. Man, the whole bedroom was freaking scary. I started to notice that the lights in that room were turned on everytime I left the bathroom, and nobody was there. One night I was lying on the bed, talking with my brother who was in the bathroom, and I was staring at those puppets like always. I said: "I'm not scared by the clown, I'm scared by that harmless doll... just imagine if it blinks one eye!". And it fucking happened. It blinked that eye. Legends started, like that doll harming the poor clown wich was wrongly hated or ghosts trying to kill us.

Then everything was explained. The light button was broken, the clown had its head way too heavy (causing it to fall) and the spring in the eye of the doll was broken. Or maybe it was just a big plan and the doll was trying to kill me, who knows, my dad burned every puppet/doll years later. But my brother... he still thinks that the clown was the bad one.

This other story comes from my other grandma. My great-great-aunt was affected by some sort of bulimia but in the 40's, in Italy, doctors couldn't find any explanation. So they went to a pranotherapyst, you should know that pranotherapysts were considered like wizards here and people believed in witces, something like white VS black magic. He said that a curse had fallen on the poor girl and that her family should have burned her mattress immediately. They soon came home and burned the shit out of the mattress, but when they returned in her bedroom they found something they didn't notice at first, liyng on the box spring of the bed wich was now exposed. It was a braid, made of human hairs, tied with a red tape. Then I don't know what happened exactly, who had been accused, but my great-great-aunt recovered completely.

Oh and if you ever come to north-Italy, near Parma maybe, you should visit Bardi Castle! Researchers from the Department and Study centre of Parapsychology of Bologna managed to took pictures of Moroello, the ghost in the castle. I don't believe in it, but the place is amazing, the torture room is disturbing.

TheContact

A guy who built my old house named Andy died there building a corner of the house and at night I would hear drumming in the corner

Hulohot

Neo Member
Luckily for me, in the area I live there are more than a few abandoned WW2 (and earlier) areas, and castles. Me and my friends have shared an experience which I will name for dramatic effect.

The Flickering

There is a small museum, located in an old naval storage yard, the majority of the site is out of use, abandoned, dank. Use of the site dates back even further than the Napoleonic Wars where it was used to store gunpowder.

One local story for this area is that in the 1920's a few men were clearing out old barrels of gunpowder from an old, dark room the sunlight caused a reaction killing four men, pieces of their bodies found in the surrounding harbor.

Me and my friends have explored this area many times, a long overgrown road like complex with dozens of buildings along the main path, and even more off the beaten track, overgrown and inaccessible, we even believe we have located the building where the above explosion took place, around a few buildings still named for storage, one has completely collapsed outwards with what looks like fire damage to the interior that has been left there.

In order to reach these buildings, you need to pass down a long, wide path with steep grass verges either side, passing rusted metal beam structures of an unknown use.

It was passing down this path that the four of us saw clear as day a bright flickering of what looked like a lantern flame crossing the path ahead of us, moving into an out of view alcove. It did not look like a glowing insect (which are rare in these parts anyway) and we all agreed it looked like a flickering flame. After acting like scared girls, we ventured down to see what it was and as expected nothing was there.

Today the area is being / has been demolised, and last time we attempted to go in, someone had imprisoned dozens of goats, maybe to help cut back the overgrown grass, so we never went in again.

The end of the bed...

A few years ago, I had just got into bed and was laying there awake on my side, listening to music through the headphones. I did not feel at all sleepy, so trying to get into a comfortable position I rolled over onto my back.

I opened my eyes, and stood at the end of my bed, clear as day, a much darker shadow that anything in the corner of my room, a tall man in what appeared to be a top hat. Due to the darkness, I couldn't make out any features on this man, but it vanished nearly the moment I saw it, yet the shape was clear to me, a man in seemingly old Victorian gear.

The feeling of terror is inexplainable, but I had to go downstairs and post a thread about it on the forum I frequented. Nowadays I am willing to put that down to a case of starting to fall asleep, despite not feeling tired and the chemicals inducing that sleep causing visions or hallucinations. I have never seen anything like that before, or again.

The Haunting Song

This is perhaps my only actual encounter with anything paranormal, if the above stories can be explained away. This occured when I was about thirteen years old, but had been happening for years. It was rare, maybe once or twice a year, maybe once every two years, I could never remember but it would happen as I lay in the same bed from my story before. I would lie awake, and hear this haunting song, being sung by a woman outside, beyond my back garden coming from the back alley. The song would echo down the alley, but I could never make out the words.

I would hear the same song by the same voice every year or two, as I said I couldn't remember the time frame. I asked my friends if they had heard the singing but no one had ever heard it. I had always put it down to someone playing music out of their room, but it still scared me.

One night I heard the singing again, when I was about thirteen, so I decided to go down, through the garden and into the alley where I was sure the singing was coming from.

I opened the gate and stepped into the moonlit dark, staring down the alley. I saw a woman, in a white gown, stood in the alley. I was sure she was the one singing, but as I looked at her she walked out of the alley down a small path, out of view and the singing stopped.

Since then I have heard the singing again, but as of right now I haven't heard it in perhaps six or seven years. Maybe it was a woman who liked to sing in the dead of night, and was spooked when I stepped out, but I have met no neighbor that has heard it other than myself.

The end of the bed...

A few years ago, I had just got into bed and was laying there awake on my side, listening to music through the headphones. I did not feel at all sleepy, so trying to get into a comfortable position I rolled over onto my back.

I opened my eyes, and stood at the end of my bed, clear as day, a much darker shadow that anything in the corner of my room, a tall man in what appeared to be a top hat. Due to the darkness, I couldn't make out any features on this man, but it vanished nearly the moment I saw it, yet the shape was clear to me, a man in seemingly old Victorian gear.

The feeling of terror is inexplainable, but I had to go downstairs and post a thread about it on the forum I frequented. Nowadays I am willing to put that down to a case of starting to fall asleep, despite not feeling tired and the chemicals inducing that sleep causing visions or hallucinations. I have never seen anything like that before, or again.

This one sounds like a case of sleep paralysis

The Haunting Song

This is perhaps my only actual encounter with anything paranormal, if the above stories can be explained away. This occured when I was about thirteen years old, but had been happening for years. It was rare, maybe once or twice a year, maybe once every two years, I could never remember but it would happen as I lay in the same bed from my story before. I would lie awake, and hear this haunting song, being sung by a woman outside, beyond my back garden coming from the back alley. The song would echo down the alley, but I could never make out the words.

I would hear the same song by the same voice every year or two, as I said I couldn't remember the time frame. I asked my friends if they had heard the singing but no one had ever heard it. I had always put it down to someone playing music out of their room, but it still scared me.

One night I heard the singing again, when I was about thirteen, so I decided to go down, through the garden and into the alley where I was sure the singing was coming from.

I opened the gate and stepped into the moonlit dark, staring down the alley. I saw a woman, in a white gown, stood in the alley. I was sure she was the one singing, but as I looked at her she walked out of the alley down a small path, out of view and the singing stopped.

Since then I have heard the singing again, but as of right now I haven't heard it in perhaps six or seven years. Maybe it was a woman who liked to sing in the dead of night, and was spooked when I stepped out, but I have met no neighbor that has heard it other than myself.

Creepy! Thanks for sharing.

Cyan

Banned
bump in the night.

bump in the night(or day depending where u are).

bump in the night.

bump in the night.

bump in the night.

day bumpage.

sometimes they bump in the day.

bump in the night.

bump in the night.

bump in the night.

bump in the night.

Jesus Christ. Never do this shit again. If you're that excited, make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom