• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost in the Shell |OT| I was born in the sea of information

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1PSTER

I love the anime but I haven't dared give this movie a watch yet.

I don't want to be sad.

What should I do GAF? Bare through it?

I love the anime but I haven't dared give this movie a watch yet.

I don't want to be sad.

What should I do GAF? Bare through it?

If you absolutely must experience it, go in with massively diminished expectations. It's not the anime, it isn't a particularly good adaptation of the anime and it's most a mediocre movie in general.

pswii60

I actually enjoyed this.

The visuals are incredible. Definitely one of my favorite blockbusters from an aesthetic point of view.

The action was solid as well, though the final encounter was underwhelming. It was also made worse by the shots of the villain's dumb ass face as he was
piloting the spider tank
. Like, why did we need to see that? He was just a lame character all around.

I feel like it could've been edited a bit tighter too. Even at an hour-forty, there's still a good ten or so minutes that could've been cut without much harm to the already basic plot.

I'd certainly watch a sequel, though that seems unlikely.
Yeah I loved the aesthetics too, but I'm a huge sucker for those future mega-city nightscapes, ever since Blade Runner and basically the endless 80s and early 90s sci-fi films I watched as a kid.

That said, they went unnecessarily overboard with the holograms and the cars/roads looked far too fake/CG during the flyovers. It definitely could have done with some more polish there, but still love getting sucked in to these types of future worlds with the imagery. I wish more movies had this type of imagery in them.

The movie wasn't great but it's good to look at. I've got the peasant Blu-ray but tempted to grab the 4K just to see it in all its HDR 4K glory.

Edit: thought I was responding to a post on 4th September not 9th April, silly US date order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom