• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima coming to PC May 16th

Fredrik

I see your 2nd paragraph clarified this for me. On my end I just like physical media and steel books so it’s always a ps for me
Yeah I’ve been all digital for almost 10 years now so physical is no pull for me. And I’m one of those who always ended up double dipping on Sony’s games. First console and then PC later. It has soured me on their games for awhile now so I’m just not doing that anymore once I have the ones that are on the way, no more PS releases here. Been doing the same on Xbox for awhile now, haven’t bought a single Xbox release this whole gen.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
FYI, CDKeys just made this available for preorder for $49.89, no tax:

https://www.cdkeys.com/ghost-of-tsushima-director-s-cut-pc-steam

Lowest price so far as far as I know.
Thanks for mentioning CDKeys. I've never used them as I just buy stuff off Steam and GOG when on sale for shit. I always got the impression all the third party places like CDKeys or G2A were half scams. I dont know. I decided to skim the site and see what the prices are like (the latest games I bought off Steam/GOG are Balatro and Disco Final Cut).

Balatro Steam = $19 CDN. CDKeys = $15 CDN
Disco Final Cut GOG = $11 CDN on a big promo. CDKeys $10 CDN

I'll make sure to take a skim of CDkeys going forward! I dont buy many PC games, but hey if I can save $5 here or there I dont care. I'll do it!

Last edited:

Braag

Thanks for mentioning CDKeys. I've never used them as I just buy stuff off Steam and GOG when on sale for shit. I always got the impression all the third party places like CDKeys or G2A were half scams. I dont know. I decided to skim the site and see what the prices are like (the latest games I bought off Steam/GOG are Balatro and Disco Final Cut).

I'll make sure to take a skim of CDkeys going forward! I dont buy many PC games, but hey if I can save $5 here or there I dont care. I'll do it!
CD Keys isn't a scam, they sell retail keys bought from cheaper regions.
They don't use stolen keys and their keys should always work. G2A apparently is a wild west where you never know how your key is acquired and if it even works.

If you want to buy a game cheaper than what Steam offers, but still want to buy from an authorized reseller so you know 100% nothing shady is going on, use Green Man Gaming. They always have 15-17% off codes on their website and becoming a higher tier member they give you even better deals.
It's not as cheap as CD Keys, but it is cheaper than Steam.

tvdaXD

CDKeys and G2A are grey markets, they are keys that are either bought with scammed creditcards or just received for free/extra with promotions. There's even some Steam reviewers that ask for extra keys for giveaways only to sell them on sites like CDKeys or G2A.

I once bought a key on G2A, only for that game to disappear from my Ubisoft library. (After contacting support, the keys were revoked, because they we're bought illegitimately.) Luckily I had bought those with G2A shield or whatever, so G2A gave my money back but still.

Yes you can save money, but that money most likely never goes to the developer. So if you truly like their game and feel like paying for it, pay for it. And not some random on the internet and their shady business.

As Braag mentioned;
If you want to buy a game cheaper than what Steam offers, but still want to buy from an authorized reseller so you know 100% nothing shady is going on, use Green Man Gaming.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
CDKeys and G2A are grey markets, they are keys that are either bought with scammed creditcards or just received for free/extra with promotions. There's even some Steam reviewers that ask for extra keys for giveaways only to sell them on sites like CDKeys or G2A.

I once bought a key on G2A, only for that game to disappear from my Ubisoft library. (After contacting support, the keys were revoked, because they we're bought illegitimately.) Luckily I had bought those with G2A shield or whatever, so G2A gave my money back but still.

Yes you can save money, but that money most likely never goes to the developer. So if you truly like their game and feel like paying for it, pay for it. And not some random on the internet and their shady business.

As Braag mentioned;

CDKeys is very different than G2A though, and about as clean of a grey market reseller can get. You're wrong about people getting free keys and "selling them on CDKeys" because CDKeys does not allow third party resellers to sell on their site, and they acquire all of their keys first hand through authorized vendors or directly from the publisher, taking advantage of promotions and bulk purchase savings, etc...

G2A (and others) is definitely much more of a Wild West situation, where third-party sellers come and go and you really have no idea where they've obtained their keys from.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
For anyone interested in preordering, you can now get this from CDKeys for $44.90 w/ code "PURPLE24".

This is probably as cheap as it's going to get.

EDIT - Code might be dead. YMMV

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
There is a certain satisfaction in knowing that a game is available only on a certain console - developed with that specific console's unique strengths and capabilities in mind
If it can run on PC it wasn't exactly developed with the consoles strengths in mind

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The thing is they are such idiots that they saw MS effectively go third party because of these same retarded decisions to put games on PC, and are following in their footsteps.
Ms is floundering because the games aren't system sellers, that's literally all there is to it

Again. Switch games can be played on PC. Yet it's still the 3rd most sold video game console.

Kabelly

How can the code be dead when they're advertising it for the weekend smh. Is it cuz Ghost is already discounted?

DeaDPo0L84

I just tried it again and it looks like it's not working for me anymore either. With my original order I must've completed it before they realized their mistake
Just tried and it worked.
4hSlcRO.png

Last edited:

Zathalus

Another log on the fire to not buy Sony consoles. You sure about this Sony?
Judging by the number of PS5s selling and the sales numbers of Sony games on Steam, there doesn't appear to any mass exodus from Playstation to PC.

Which makes sense, for the vast majority of people, PC and consoles offer different gaming experiences.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What the hell is happening to Sony and its first party studios? Are they going to remaster the entire PS4 catalog on PS5 and PC?

FYI, the originator of this 'rumor' is Zuby Tech, who is not a reliable tweeter/leaker at all.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Judging by the number of PS5s selling and the sales numbers of Sony games on Steam, there doesn't appear to any mass exodus from Playstation to PC.

Which makes sense, for the vast majority of people, PC and consoles offer different gaming experiences.

While I agree with that to a point, having one option that plays all.the games will become more and more compelling. Sony needs to be carefull here if they want to keep things as is. We will see just how much it erodes the console sales. This will become a much bigger issue if valve releases a steam deck console woth some horsepower, that console like experience at lower price but plays ms and sony games.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom