• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really though, did anyone expect the MPP series to last 5 videos and still be amazing when the idea was first conceived?

I can't believe there are like 9 mp games

91nUR2HpB8L._SL1500_.jpg

And that's not even counting the 3 portable games.

I'll have to watch the party event later, it was in the background but I ended up just playing through Mega Man 3 on my Surface Pro 2 and noticing almost nothing other than the ending and some guy screaming skill every other minute.

I hope the livestream mirror is still up when I get home (or they get a proper archive up). I'm ready to spend my Saturday evening with beer and Mario Party.

I have no idea how Mario Party 10 works, but I hope an amiibo wins when they play it.

Both Mario Party 9 and 10 play completely differently from the last 8 games. In 9 and 10, instead of having players individually traverse a looping map collecting coins for stars and etc., all 4 players will ride on this vehicle that takes everyone through a one way ride through a long map, collecting these mini stars which are basically coin/star hybrids.

If your a crazy person who liked the old games the new MP games might be a YMMV experience.

demidar

Both Mario Party 9 and 10 play completely differently from the last 8 games. In 9 and 10, instead of having players individually traverse a looping map collecting coins for stars and etc., all 4 players will ride on this vehicle that takes everyone through a one way ride through a long map, collecting these mini stars which are basically coin/star hybrids.

If your a crazy person who liked the old games the new MP games might be a YMMV experience.

That sounds terrible.

I wouldn't mind a Mario Party Party Gaiden: Fortune Street series.

And then a Mario Party Party Gaiden: Fortune Street Gaiden: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival one-off.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They've probably developed some kind og Mario Party Stockholm syndrome already and any bigger change won't have a chance.

-Kees-

Does anyone have a link to the full Live In Person thing from Friday? The YT and Twitch archives both cut off a chunk at the beginning.

Myggen

Does anyone have a link to the full Live In Person thing from Friday? The YT and Twitch archives both cut off a chunk at the beginning.

I think you'll have to wait for the archive then, the Managed Livestream is playing MPP5 Live now since that's the latest live show. I hope the archives go up today.

I was trying to think why Flywrench seemed so familiar. Flywrench was an unlockable character in Super Meat Boy. This game must have been in development forever.

Bacon

No backalar no sale. Dude is the secret sauce that makes it all work. The other one he wasn't on was also one of the weaker eps. Do the math people, wake up.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Heard Dan might've had some anxiety problems at the end of the MPP5 stream, hope he's alright. Looking forward to watching the archive tomorrow.

Oh, not at all. In fact, I had zero anxiety for the duration of that entire stream which I thought was incredible. I was just selling the "I lost in bullshit fashion, I'm out of here" thing by storming off.

He also made that Playstation list he talked about recently:
http://www.cnet.com/uk/videos/the-10-best-playstation-1-games-of-all-time/

respect for putting Tomb Raider in there

Oh, not at all. In fact, I had zero anxiety for the duration of that entire stream which I thought was incredible. I was just selling the "I lost in bullshit fashion, I'm out of here" thing by storming off.

hey dan, what's this thing I heard about you putting slinkies in your mouth

Shrek Super Party Party
One Piece: Pirates' Carnival Carnival (east coast, obviously)
Rayman Raving Rabbids Rave
Tomagotchi Party On! Party
Crash Bash Bash
Viva Pinata Party Animals Party
Muppets Party Cruise Party Cruise (live, when they finally rent a boat)

I've never even heard of Hail to the Chimp: The Presidential Party Game is but I think the president in this game is a monkey. Dan will love it.

It was a great show, Dan. Probably the best Mario Party Party. You play the heel wonderfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom