• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Shrek Super Party Party
One Piece: Pirates' Carnival Carnival (east coast, obviously)
Rayman Raving Rabbids Rave
Tomagotchi Party On! Party
Crash Bash Bash
Viva Pinata Party Animals Party
Muppets Party Cruise Party Cruise (live, when they finally rent a boat)

I've never even heard of Hail to the Chimp: The Presidential Party Game is but I think the president in this game is a monkey. Dan will love it.

disney's party, pac-man fever, nickelodeon party blast, ape escape pumped & primed, etc.

it's a dark, dark road

Yeah, the focus on indie games and f2p of the beastcast just bored the shit out of me.I dont why they couldn't have just kept the news story focus of the podcast for the live version

Oh, not at all. In fact, I had zero anxiety for the duration of that entire stream which I thought was incredible. I was just selling the "I lost in bullshit fashion, I'm out of here" thing by storming off.

Your ability to play the heel as well as you do is the reason this series is still entertaining 5 games in

Xater

Oh, not at all. In fact, I had zero anxiety for the duration of that entire stream which I thought was incredible. I was just selling the "I lost in bullshit fashion, I'm out of here" thing by storming off.

See, told you guys.

You play a great shit heel Dan.

This is Jeff Bakalar, trying to call into the Beastcast recording:
CNdChE_UYAAzwh4.jpg

He also made that Playstation list he talked about recently:
http://www.cnet.com/uk/videos/the-10-best-playstation-1-games-of-all-time/

Video won't load on my phone. Fucking cnet.

Watched it on youtube. Okay list. Reminded me of a burning question.

Why hasn't Activision put the old Tony Hawk games up as classics on PSN?

daydream

Banned
I was trying to think why Flywrench seemed so familiar. Flywrench was an unlockable character in Super Meat Boy. This game must have been in development forever.

not really, the original release was in 2007. they probably started work on the new version after wrapping up nidhogg

That Heroes of the Storm looks cool. Didn't think Dan would QL it though.

I tried DOTA but I just couldn't get into it.

As someone who has played an... extensive amount of pretty much every moba you should give Heroes a try. It's really good at getting rid of the tedious or slower parts of the other games and ends up as just being all brawling all the time. It's also really cool how many aspects of the game universes they can put into the game. On Diablo maps you'll see a bunch of loot drops once the core is destroyed, one of the maps has a summoned boss that uses iconic Diablo 3 abilities like the freezing spike balls and rotating lasers.

Xater

As someone who has played an... extensive amount of pretty much every moba you should give Heroes a try. It's really good at getting rid of the tedious or slower parts of the other games and ends up as just being all brawling all the time. It's also really cool how many aspects of the game universes they can put into the game. On Diablo maps you'll see a bunch of loot drops once the core is destroyed, one of the maps has a summoned boss that uses iconic Diablo 3 abilities like the freezing spike balls and rotating lasers.

Agreed, I like DOTA but it takes some time to get to the real fun stuff and the matches are a bit long in general. HOTS boils it down to team fights all the time.

strafer

Yup, and the idea of playing all of these iconic characters from the Blizzard games.

Just read on the Bnet Launcher that you get Diablo for free in the game if you have a Diablo attached to your account.

Installing now. :D

I was really hoping Brad and Jeff were going to let things just play out on that last turn so the ending would have been even more dramatic.
I mean, you still would have lost, but it would have been so tense watching those final stars, haha

The video was a blast, and thanks for doing such a good job interacting with the crowd, Dan. It made it all feel really great!

Toparaman

Banned
Should I bother watching the panel? They're usually boring.

Now, live Mario Party Party on the other hand...that sounds incredible.

killroy87

Should I bother watching the panel? They're usually boring.

Now, live Mario Party Party on the other hand...that sounds incredible.

The Thursday panel was pretty boring, yeah. MPP5 was the best one yet. Don't like Dan being booed for four hours, but he was an awesome sport and it was fun to watch. I was more worried about Jeff's mental state than Dan's, his shoe tying rant was weird.

Flandy

That's good to hear.
Was booing you to Dan but only because you always seem to win not because I hate you :)

Love or hate Dan Ryckert you gotta respect him for what he does outside of the business. He is the most controversial Giant Bomber of all time. Some may boo him, some may cheer him, but come the end of the Party he will have all of the fans on their feet.

Love or hate Dan Ryckert you gotta respect him for what he does outside of the business. He is the most controversial Giant Bomber of all time. Some may boo him, some may cheer him, but come the end of the Party he will have all of the fans on their feet.

You mean everyone will boo him but his one paid Waluigi chanter lol, but seriously he played the perfect heel last night, I was definitely cheering towards the end, it really was great with a huge part of that being Dan's assholishness the whole time (in a good way of course :) every MPP needs a bad guy and Dan is the best for the job.

The most divisive performer in Mario Party Party history.

totowhoa

Banned
You mean everyone will boo him but his one paid Waluigi chanter lol, but seriously he played the perfect heel last night, I was definitely cheering towards the end, it really was great with a huge part of that being Dan's assholishness the whole time (in a good way of course :) every MPP needs a bad guy and Dan is the best for the job.

Yep. Dan playing an amazing heel and the incredible last 5 turns made this an amazing MPP. I hope they do a few more of these live.

GavinGT

Banned

I'm glad. I honestly couldn't tell if you were uncomfortable or just acting.

Haunted

Man, if Jeff thinks the old Mario Party games were shit, he'll go nuclear with 9 and 10. 10 especially is actually shit.

Actually, there are tough times ahead for them right in the next installment. Jeff and Brad will absolutely hate the Gamecube microphone minigames in 6 and 7, also that 8 uses motion controls for most minigames (and yes, mashing is replaced by waggling like crazy).

So yeah, if you thought they were unenthusiastic about the games until now, the next MPPs will all be salt mine city.

Haunted

Also, someone needs to produce an MLG-style esports Top 5 video for MPP, with faux commentary and Drew's turn 49 double star play at #1.

-Kees-

Picked up Game & Wario after seeing the Miiverse sketch segment on UPF and.....it's become a dark place. The first trending word was "Ded Minion", in the "Tell a Joke" one there was a drawing of dickbutt and "Splatoon" had the c-word in one.

Zocano

I still say they really should have done the more complex stages for MPP. It's part of why MPP2 was really fun (because of the bullshit and the laser and whatnot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom