• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just finished watching the full stream. What an amazing MPP. And you're right, Jeff got worked really hard by that game.

At the rotating lever part, everyone but jeff got coins.

Jeff got squashed by a thwomp.

I nearly threw up laughing.

Both Jeff and Vinny gave up free time to get Persona 4 up on the site back in the day.

Vinny has less free time nowadays, and Austin constantly reminds us he has no free time, so lets stop this rumour right now.

Antiwhippy

Didn't vinny play persona 4 on the site precisely because he wouldn't have enough time to play it on his own free time?

Antiwhippy

That's if they stick with the actual endurance run format.

As opposed to these days where they usually make it a weekly or bi-weekly feature.

Last parts of MGScanlon being the exception.

If they end up doing anything special for Persona 5, I would like Vinny to fly back to SF to record the QL for the game with Jeff. That's a huge ask, but it would be a nice thing to happen because of their history with the franchise.

Maybe the release date will be well positioned, so it will fall in line with GOTY stuff - like the Quick Look for Persona Q.

valeo

If they end up doing anything special for Persona 5, I would like Vinny to fly back to SF to record the QL for the game with Jeff. That's a huge ask, but it would be a nice thing to happen because of their history with the franchise.

Maybe the release date will be well positioned, so it will fall in line with GOTY stuff - like the Quick Look for Persona Q.

Not going to happen.

klonere

Banned
I went into MPP5 thinking the crowd would ruin the whole thing.

They made the 4 hours bearable! Some people are so sensitive :(

TBH my expectation is that Jeff drops Persona 5 early because he doesn't care about the new characters as much as the Investigation Team, and Vinny never plays it because people with two kids don't play JRPGs.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

hamchan

I went into MPP5 thinking the crowd would ruin the whole thing.

They made the 4 hours bearable! Some people are so sensitive :(

We're only sensitive when it's one person given a platform to say something stupid/offensive/just generally terrible. There are some past Giant Bomb PAX panels you can watch to experience the most awkward people that have ever existed.

Thankfully we had the choir effect where one awful voice is covered up by a whole group of people, making it quite good.

danm999

The crowd was good. It kept everyone engaged. It also helped form the narrative of Dan being the heel, and Drew being the underdog who would eventually claim victory.

chrixter

If a Persona 5 endurance run were to miraculously happen, having GBE play it sounds perfect to me.

Bums me out a little that Vinny has been able to put only a couple hours into Bloodborne and Witcher 3 and doesn't expect to play much of MGSV. Nevermind Fallout 4. His insight into games of that magnitude has been missed these last couple years. Oftentimes he's the most articulate amongst the GB crew in game discussions, particularly during GOTY season where he can be a great mediator while everyone else wants to stick to their guns.

On the bright side, his hunt for smaller games has brought attention to stuff like Ronin and Cradle that might've otherwise gone unnoticed. Plus his kids don't have a neglectful dad, so that's cool too I guess.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The NES Castlevania games can be beaten in under an hour, but he's put 10x the time into them than Bloodborne or W3.

Zaph

Just managed to catch up on MPP5. Outstanding - Dan sells it so well.

So Paxamania in just over two hours? Hoping the camera operators and sound mix are better for this year. it's a hard show to film, but even then the production values are always a bit sketchy. If anyone with a sign sits in front of a camera, I hope they get put through a table.

I just bought a graphics card and it comes with MGSV. Since everyone here is an expert, does anyone think it will be worth playing for someone who is not at all invested in the story of Metal Gear? I have not played any of them. Its either that or I'll sell it.

Bacon

I just bought a graphics card and it comes with MGSV. Since everyone here is an expert, does anyone think it will be worth playing for someone who is not at all invested in the story of Metal Gear? I have not played any of them. Its either that or I'll sell it.

Your best course of action would be to watch all of metal gear scanlon and then play mgsV

JonCha

Just managed to catch up on MPP5. Outstanding - Dan sells it so well.

So Paxamania in just over two hours? Hoping the camera operators and sound mix are better for this year. it's a hard show to film, but even then the production values are always a bit sketchy. If anyone with a sign sits in front of a camera, I hope they get put through a table.

Having a live audience makes it infinitely more enjoyable I think. Recording in the studio just feels a bit sterile.

It is supposed to be a good open world game, but you will probably lose out on a lot if you have not experience the crotch grabbing, magic science, pew-pew, mechs, shannagains beforehand.

Zaph

Having a live audience makes it infinitely more enjoyable I think. Recording in the studio just feels a bit sterile.

Once the random shout-outs died down, and the crowd became a... crowd, it was great. Reminded me of being at a tennis match.

Antiwhippy

It is supposed to be a good open world game, but you will probably lose out on a lot if you have not experience the crotch grabbing, magic science, pew-pew, mechs, shannagains beforehand.

I'll have you know that nanomachines are a real life science you can go look them up they exist.

Your best course of action would be to watch all of metal gear scanlon and then play mgsV
Eh, I don't think I'll have the time for the 60 hours it would take for that.

Yeah, I figured. I'll hold off on selling it until its out. I kinda just want something new to play on my first PC.

Tubobutts

I will admit to being wrong about the live audience for Mario Party Party. I didn't think it was possible for Mario Party to be exciting, but the crowd definitely made it enjoyable to watch. On the other hand, I don't know if enjoyment is what I want out of a Mario Party Party.

Its going to be really interesting watching Metal Gear Scanlon V. I wonder just how many side missions Drew will even bother to do. Im about 21 hours in at the moment and only on mission 17.

I think Drew is going to be a bit disappointed in the lack of Big Boss VO and story. A lot of it comes through the cassette tapes (are they just gonna sit and listen to those?) and just kind of peicing things together that you are slowly learning from the random missions you undertake. Im still hopeful the story will ramp up but its not nearly as focused as previous games. If it wasnt for the amazing gameplay I would probably be disappointed in the game.

Volotaire

I'm guessing Myggen is creating the Rumble thread.

what time is the rumble supposed to start?

t1440954000z4.png

repeater

I've been away for the weekend, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already, but: any way of watching the streamed panel and MPP5 right now?

FStop7

Banned
The crowd during MPP5 was pretty good. One guy kept flipping off Dan, which was kind of cringey. But I guess Dan gets off on the the heel thing.

Sour Dan at the end was amazing.

The additions of DOD, Austin, and Turi into the mix should make this pretty good.

Last night they were trying to enlist PewDiePie. Why not just ask Bill Gates what he's up to.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
So LTTP on this it kinda hurts, but which MGS4 episode of Metal Gear Scanlon has the retro Outer Heaven flashback? I'm scrubbin through the last 5 or so and can't seem to find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom