• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely gonna pick up Tomb Raider and Halo 5 with that deal Best Buy has for $25 off along with GCU. Glad to hear both games are great. I need to give my Xbone more love before my Wii U in December ruins my life.

danm999

It is Tuesday the Bombcast always comes out on Wednesdays for me I feel like I'm taking crazy pills how do time zones work.

Um, did anyone notice that both "Les" and "Moonves" are on the list of recognized names in Fallout 4?

Five stars confirmed.

Um, did anyone notice that Les Moonves is on ZeniMax's (Bethesda's owners) board of investors? ;p

Seriously though, check out the board of investors:

Robert A. Altman, who is chairman and CEO of ZeniMax, CBS chief Leslie Moonves, ex-baseball star Cal Ripken, MGM CEO Harry E. Sloan, and film producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

Other investors include Ernest Del, J. Griffin Lesler, James Cedar, Cincy C. Tallent, Robert Trump, Michael J. Domingues, Christopher Weaver, SBS Broadcasting Europe, Ardsley Partners Fund, ZM Investment, The Gordon and Donva Crawford Trust, and the Schon Family Trust.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/05/30/zenimax-media-raises-99-million-from-some-big-names/

Yes, Donald Trump's brother is part of the board of investors. As an Oriole fan, I think it's neat that Cal Ripken is there too. Apparently Jerry Brucheimer was at the launch party for the game. I was watching Stream Coco (Team Coco's weekly video game livestream) today, where Aaron was playing Uncharted 2 and he said he saw Jerry at the party. On a side note, they filmed a new Clueless Gamer where Aaron and Conan play Fallout 4 wearing vault suits. It airs tonight.

Y'know, I just realised I don't know a single thing about Tomb Raider, aside from GB's coverage of it during one of those presentation livestreams. The only thing I'm really curious about is whether they "improved" ol' Laura again.

Also, I forgot to mention in my last post how Fallout 3.5-ish Fallout 4 looks--it's like the uncanny valley of game development.

def sim

He went to the airport right after the stream. The man's a machine.

putaringonitdvlngkcsd8.gif

Word

How weird is it that I'm still wary of getting it on PC?

It's the only version I would consider, but yeah, I get you. A big game like that, who knows what else problems I'll find some hours in that'd put me off?

LiK

Y'know, I just realised I don't know a single thing about Tomb Raider, aside from GB's coverage of it during one of those presentation livestreams. The only thing I'm really curious about is whether they "improved" ol' Laura again.

Also, I forgot to mention in my last post how Fallout 3.5-ish Fallout 4 looks--it's like the uncanny valley of game development.

Lara*

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so when when your credit card expires your subscription gets cancelled? that seems dumb.

daydream

Banned
looking forward to the read only memories ql tomorrow, i should start that game myself but whence to take the time and not steal it, sigh

cb1115

"Cancelled" on the site only means it won't automatically renew, you still get the year.

I straight up can't use any premium features right now though. guessing when I update it everything will get corrected but bleh

Tubobutts

Um, did anyone notice that Les Moonves is on ZeniMax's (Bethesda's owners) board of investors? ;p

Seriously though, check out the board of investors:

http://venturebeat.com/2008/05/30/zenimax-media-raises-99-million-from-some-big-names/

Yes, Donald Trump's brother is part of the board of investors. As an Oriole fan, I think it's neat that Cal Ripken is there too. Apparently Jerry Brucheimer was at the launch party for the game. I was watching Stream Coco (Team Coco's weekly video game livestream) today, where Aaron was playing Uncharted 2 and he said he saw Jerry at the party. On a side note, they filmed a new Clueless Gamer where Aaron and Conan play Fallout 4 wearing vault suits. It airs tonight.

So what you're saying is to follow the money?

Myggen

I straight up can't use any premium features right now though. guessing when I update it everything will get corrected but bleh

That's a bug if so. Have you checked when your sub runs out? If your sub is still active it shouldn't affect your sub at all, so contact Rorie if updating your information doesn't fix it.

cb1115

That's a bug if so. Have you checked when your sub runs out? If your sub is still active it shouldn't affect your sub at all, so contact Rorie if updating your information doesn't fix it.

signed up for a year on May 1st and have been using premium features since, but now my billing history says that transaction failed.

was this website designed by Bethesda

It's companions walking in the air. It's dead bodies getting stuck on things and jiggling. It's turning around and seeing your companion poking out of a wall. It's this guy, throwing up out of the side of his car on the side of the road, fuck yeah! Lookit that guy!!!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Giant Bomb #18 | I don't give a shit what happened to your Extra Life stream archive

What is "everything is a surprise on some level" from?

I feel so far behind on my GB references. Hopefully Fallout 4 can get me back into podcast listening.

Jintor

just realised i can't play f4 even if i want to, it releases in december for god knows what reason in japan and I can't remember how the region bullshit works on steam these days

Zaph

The feeling of playing Fallout 4 at upwards of 60 FPS at 1440P
It shouldn't be a surprise, but it actually looks pretty damn good at Ultra settings, the lighting hides the textures. But wasn't able to get a steady 60 @ 1440p on my 980ti. Did you sacrifice anything for the 60+ or are you sli'ing it?

Visuals are okay in the Fallout 4 Extended HD Gameplay and impressive for Bethesda. Two months of only playing Wii U, Vita, and 3DS may have altered my standards.

Really hoping the fancy in-world pipboy won't prevent a SkyUI treatment. Seeing it clunky on a gamepad does not inspire confidence for keyboard and mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom