• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Chie's new VO

#notmychie
Chie's Golden VO suits her so well, though!

The overall writing, VO, and presentation in P4G have really impressed me thus far.
Maria is terrible

I'd say the majority of the new story content for Golden is bad, honestly.

Ihateyouhowcanyousaythat!

I mean, I dunno, I haven't played P4 vanilla, but I find that Marie has grown on me, a lot like Kanji.

Maria is terrible

I'd say the majority of the new story content for Golden is bad, honestly.

XiyBjvD.gif

hell naw, you guys are nuts. no spoilers for the people who haven't played but all the new locations and cutscenes with the crew were hilarious. can't believe they're not in vanilla game at all. and all the new music is excellent.

I wasn't just talking about the P4G exclusive content, but that's bad too.

Anjin M

This reminds me... Have we heard back from whoever it was that was going for an interview today? I think it was Anjin?

It was me. Interview went well. Will hear back in a week if I made the cut. At least I made them laugh.

I'm slowly running out of old premium content to go through and i'm think of doing the Persona 4 endurance run when that happens. Is the series worth that huge time commitment?

I've 52 episodes in and I've hooked. It took a few episodes to get there, though.

FluxWaveZ

Marie is awful in P4G, ok in P4AU (not much of a role there), and alright in PQ (much better character, except for the poetry crap that stuck).

Ja1cR5w.png

I liked the new Marie content in P4G just fine, but I didn't like some of the new content/scenes added with the existing cast. I felt like Golden started playing the characters up as more of a caricature of who they are, rather than actually adding to their personalities. Not sure how to explain it. I also might be thinking of Persona Q which was super guilty of that too.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
i mean, i made the ot so you can pretty much call me mr. mario maker

don't call me mr. mario maker

do check out the thread, though. quality levels aplenty

I have popped in there and played a level from one of the members. The quality is much higher than my own so I ran away.

Chuck

Still without luck
I stopped playing p4g because of how bad chie's new voice was. true story.

jk i actually couldn't beat dark yukiko :(

yami4ct

I know there are other dumb people who collect figures in this thread so

What's worse than buying a $160 figure with QC issues? Having the replacement have a new, and arguably worse QC issue.

Bought Transformers Unite Warriors Devastator. First one had such a weak left combined wrist that it was almost falling apart. Got the second one today and one of the gun handles broke in the storage slot. Ugh. Never had so much trouble with a Takara Tomy product and I haven't been hearing of issues with this guy that much outside of me. Guess I'll be shipping this one back to Japan as well for another replacement. Would normally take the partial refund and the L since this part isn't that big of a deal, but Devastator is so cool that I want a perfect one.

Would Atlus be waiting to see how the game hits or are they spooling up P5 Versus and P5 Tactics as we speak?

The game's gonna sell. Wouldn't surprise me if they've already started working on the spin-offs/merchandise yet, assuming the game is actually hitting this year.

imagine the number of p5 spin-offs, tho

As long as they use the demon assets to make SMT5 on console they can do whatever they want.

I'll take another fighting game tho.

danm999

The game's gonna sell. Wouldn't surprise me if they've already started working on the spin-offs/merchandise yet, assuming the game is actually hitting this year.

They just seemed to wait quite a while with Persona 4 until they started spitting out spin offs so that game's success must have taken them by surprise or something.

Brashnir

They just seemed to wait quite a while with Persona 4 until they started spitting out spin offs so that game's success must have taken them by surprise or something.

judging by the trailers for P5, they have no idea why P4 had the crossover appeal it did.

Yeah, it wasn't really until Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden both dropped in 2012 where the game started to spike in popularity. Not everyday where a Vita re-release goes on to outsell the original version.

yami4ct

It's sad that Persona 4 discussion always boils down to Waifu talk. It means that the bro-est of bros Kanji never gets any props.

Let's all agree on how awesome Kanji is.

yami4ct

Funky Student is the kid at your school that is so cool, all of his friends are older dudes outside of class. He's too cool to be a bro to us plebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom