• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

iwwEsvzk.jpeg

1gV4E2n.png
🤔

Edit:
Samorost 3 is out on iOS. I should play it.

Could it not be possible that Eidos had all the technical details about making microtransactions work and Montreal had to plug together UI elements?

No. A lot of the technical details revolves around the UI itself and handling a lot of edge cases gracefully.

The game did get delayed there, might have been caused in part by this maybe?

No. It takes a lot of effort, but it's also a small percentage of the team's involvement. It would be rather silly to have a game ready to go for certification and full content lock and everything but you're going to only have 10 team members work for 2-3 months to get the purchase flow working. The delay may result in an opportunity to set something up, but it's far more likely that "hey maybe you should have mtx" was a bullet point in the corner for a long while and not really given much thought.

Megasoum

Banned
That would be like coming in here during a live E3 segment and calling Jeff out for being jaded. Won't end well :p

Yeah exactly... I'm not touching that one.

I've got better things to do tonight.... Like playing the most excellent game Deus Ex: Mankind Devided (tm). Maybe you've heard of it?

I went to best buy to pick something else up, and I saw mirror's edge catalyst was on sale again. With the gamer's club price, it was pretty cheap, so I grabbed it. Did I make a mistake? I know it hasn't gotten the highest praise, but I was interested in it when it was announced.

Salarians

I went to best buy to pick something else up, and I saw mirror's edge catalyst was on sale again. With the gamer's club price, it was pretty cheap, so I grabbed it. Did I make a mistake? I know it hasn't gotten the highest praise, but I was interested in it when it was announced.
I loved the original but I thought this one was entirely forgettable. The core mechanics are still fun, but the open world aspects did nothing for me and I thought the story missions were lacking.

Since employment issues are all the rage in here, I applied for a job in late June, got an interview but didn't get the gig.

Just noticed they put the job posting up again last week.

Should I apply again in case they found a person that dropped out or just assume they didn't find anyone as part of the process I was involved in and leave it?

Late to this but whatevs

Apply again
If you get another interview ask why you weren't hired previously and what you can improve to be a more desirable candidate. Most employers like being asked questions (so dont just stop at those), and it shows you're serious about the position.

I loved the original but I thought this one was entirely forgettable. The core mechanics are still fun, but the open world aspects did nothing for me and I thought the story missions were lacking.

Really is a shame they fucked it up. Seemed like a miracle it was given a second chance in the first place.

Anjin M

The title is a test to see who the cool dudes are and weed out the chumps.
For not listening to the beastcast shame on you.
Sad but true: I didn't even remember the line from the Beastcast until someone posted the link here. I just wanted to do that banner.

The only way I see Danny going to GBE is if Vinny is leaving. If Vinny did want to step away from the site he would be the ideal replacement. I cannot see them both working together as they both work the same type of job, although Vinny has more experience.

*awaits vinny's announcement tomorrow*

PS: Uploading the E3 video was Vinny's going away present to us all.

You better stop this nonsense!!!!!

You about to be downgraded to Verbal Kint.

Anjin M

Wait wait wait. Did Danny announce he's quitting the same day as Felipe Massa? Maybe Danny's got a drive at Williams!!!

pizzacat

Banned
Isn't lunar the guy who bought both VR headsets? Which one is better for furry fan games?

The position opening line makes it seem like he's about to fire Brad right? That's what it means right?

I regret everything I've ever said about Brad now I love him :[

I'll be extremely bummed out if Danny does something outside of games media.

Will be a huge loss of talent. I always thought he was kind of the Gerstmann heir apparent

The bleeding out of interesting people from the industry doesn't leave games media with a demographic narrowness but a personality one. Determinators and recievers of fortune who can stay at one place doin' work or safely jump to another place to continue doin' work.

As it is now, those are very few in number.

Understood, bossman. *sigh*

Top Bottom