• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Deadstar

Remember on the bombcast when they start talking about the best games of the year and no one mentioned Hitman? I felt so cold and alone at that point in time. What does it mean for the site, for humanity?

Remember on the bombcast when they start talking about the best games of the year and no one mentioned Hitman? I felt so cold and alone at that point in time. What does it mean for the site, for humanity?

well if you want to feel cold and alone some more they have a premium subscription sale coming up

hamchan

Nah Dan and Brad seem to call it "GOTY" every time they put out a video.

Mr. F

Banned
Was a content slump/debating premium sub value always a thing? Genuine question, I don't remember when I first became a subscriber but it felt more characteristic of after Ryan than before (despite there still being PAX commitments). I could totally be muddling up my recollection though.

The lack of Attack on Titan QL on upcoming content is really frustrating me. After hearing Jeff talk about it on the bombcast, I've been wanting to see them cover the game.

Am I the only one who hates these PAX sessions? Content becomes a drag, and the only people who really benefit from GB going to them are those who can attend themselves.

I wish they were going to TGS instead...one of my favorite periods of GB coverage was the one year they went to TGS. The videos, and podcasts from then were awesome.

Mr. F

Banned
The lack of Attack on Titan QL on upcoming content is really frustrating me. After hearing Jeff talk about it on the bombcast, I've been wanting to see them cover the game.

Am I the only one who hates these PAX sessions? Content becomes a drag, and the only people who really benefit from GB going to them are those who can attend themselves.

I wish they were going to TGS instead...one of my favorite periods of GB coverage was the one year they went to TGS. The videos, and podcasts from then were awesome.

See the last week of posts in the previous thread.

Also yeah, they've been lamenting Japan trips forever, I think even with TGS' dubious relevance in coverage they would go in a heartbeat if it was feasible

Harpuia

The Attack on Titan QL might be a result of their "do it if they're interested" approach.

Yeah it's definitely more for their live audience. I'd be OK with it if they could upload their panels sooner, but I understand why that's a hard thing to do.

I wish they would do more walk-around stuff and coverage, but they seem to not have the people to do that.

At some point I'm subscribed purely out of my wish to support GB. I watch nearly all of their content, so I feel good about giving them the money despite it feeling like there's a dearth of premium content.

The Attack on Titan QL might be a result of their "do it if they're interested" approach.

Yeah it's definitely more for their live audience. I'd be OK with it if they could upload their panels sooner, but I understand why that's a hard thing to do.

I wish they would do more walk-around stuff and coverage, but they seem to not have the people to do that.

At some point I'm subscribed purely out of my wish to support GB. I watch nearly all of their content, so I feel good about giving them the money despite it feeling like there's a dearth of premium content.

Lately I don't know if that's the problem. They might not have as big of a crew right now as when they were in the Whiskey Media office with the other sites, but they were definitely smaller when they were in the first office in the basement. Yet when they were in the basement, they produced their best content. Perhaps that was because Ryan was a part of it, but I also just feel like Jeff is not into as much anymore either.

hamchan

Could be complete bullshit, but after playing the game the story makes a lot of sense.

It sure does. The game itself is so good, filled with so much detail and excellent design, that it does make sense that it's not the studio at all bolting this nonsense onto the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
And to be clear, the game is great. Everyone who played DXHR should play this as well. It's basically the same game with less globe trotting and WAY better graphics and shooting (it's still not like CoD or something, but if you want to use guns its VASTLY superior to DXHR).

The game itself is good. Don't bother with the dumb multiplayer/free2play Breach thing that sucks. Don't use any of the microtransatctions. Just play the game and have fun. It is good. But holy cow all the rest of the stuff around it is just unbelieveable. What a clusterfuck it must be over there at SE-EU or whoever is making those calls.

I'm not really sure citing splitting Hitman into episodes is an example of a publisher running roughshod over their devs.

Best thing that happened to that game and they've always seemed genuine in their appreciation of the format.

I'm not really sure citing splitting Hitman into episodes is an example of a publisher running roughshod over their devs.

Best thing that happened to that game and they've always seemed genuine in their appreciation of the format.

Yeah.

Hitman is really damn great in its current format. And it works for that game. It gives the devs time to plan what they do next(Without having to create a number of sets for a full game release) and lets them be able to customize 'hits' on a weekly basis.

This is me. I figure I'll be subbed as long as the site exists even if I don't watch or love it nearly as much as I once did. If anything, they're still way ahead in hours of entertainment they've given me versus how much I've paid.

The only way I see Danny going to GBE is if Vinny is leaving. If Vinny did want to step away from the site he would be the ideal replacement. I cannot see them both working together as they both work the same type of job, although Vinny has more experience.

*awaits vinny's announcement tomorrow*

PS: Uploading the E3 video was Vinny's going away present to us all.

Volotaire

The only way I see Danny going to GBE is if Vinny is leaving. If Vinny did want to step away from the site he would be the ideal replacement. I cannot see them both working together as they both work the same type of job, although Vinny has more experience.

Don't you dare.

fuckthissomuch

No...fucking no. I will be totally done with GB if Vinny ever leaves.

Salarians

😩😩😩

LiK

Worst fucking post in GB OT history,

Megasoum

Banned
I don't think I am emotionally ready to the idea of one of the original duders leaving the site..... Nooooooope, fuck that

strafer

If this happens i will unsubscribe and delete my GB account.

Tagyhag

Didn't Vinny say he wanted another person to help with production since it was a lot to do by himself?

Meneses

This would be the worst possible thing.

The fuck you say

hamchan

Makes sense. Vinny was always too good to stay in this ramshackle operation. Seeing as they work at CBS, someone higher up in the chain probably noticed him and has now hired him to do higher tier production work in the TV field. I'm just surprised it took this long.

Makes sense. Vinny was always too good to stay in this ramshackle operation. Seeing as they work at CBS, someone higher up in the chain probably noticed him and has now hired him to do higher tier production work in the TV field. I'm just surprised it took this long.

skNuiEZ.jpg

Top Bottom