• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

kai3345

Banned
I mean...a friend and colleague just left her company. Could be all there is to it.

idk, Ty Root (Mary's former boss, who left Gamespot a few weeks ago) tweeted this. sounds like things aren't going super great over there.

ogtHDIc.png

idk, Ty Root (Mary's former boss, who left Gamespot a few weeks ago) tweeted this. sounds like things aren't going super great over there.

I don't know what you're getting at. He's making a goof that he doesn't miss himself?

Oh, misread it the first time. Still not sure what to make of it though.

Blastoise

Banned
I don't know if Danny will join GBeast. He will probably get a dev job.

As for Gamespot. Aren't they still the 2nd biggest videogame website in terms of traffic?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wasn't danny pushing for the podcast they just started?

and then ditched?

man that's some john davison push to get giantbomb then flake out shit

justjim89

Damn. I don't see Danny joining GB. Like Austin, he's kinda too good for the site. Danny could be on TV or something for how good he is on camera. Besides, Drew tweeted about missing him around the office, so that rules out GBWest outright, and I don't see him going the way of GBEast.

Notorious DOD should do a unzipped hoodie reveal on Sunday during the Rumble with a luchadeer t-shirt.

He's brought up buying a house, moving "east", visited NYC, hell, visited Beast, and they're down a man. It'd be an upset if he didn't join Vinny and Alex, I think.

Volotaire

wasn't danny pushing for the podcast they just started?

and then ditched?

man that's some john davison push to get giantbomb then flake out shit

Tournament of Lies on his own channel? He came back after a month hiatus. I'm guessing it had to do with his personal life.

Fantastic stuff.

The thread title is doing it's job!

His presence will sorely be missed. He was one of the best things about GS and GB whenever he's on there.

Yay! better than nothing.

I hope she isn't thinking about leaving as well. So the only ones I'll know from GS for now are Peter Brown, Alexa Ray & Mary Kish.

Zaph

Damn, this was probably the last e3 drive with Danny.

Gamespot's stageshow is going to be a mess next year.

FStop7

Banned
Mark just announced that he left 8-4. What the fuck is going on today?

Thankfully he will continue to be a part of the 8-4 Play podcast.

Since employment issues are all the rage in here, I applied for a job in late June, got an interview but didn't get the gig.

Just noticed they put the job posting up again last week.

Should I apply again in case they found a person that dropped out or just assume they didn't find anyone as part of the process I was involved in and leave it?

LiK

Since employment issues are all the rage in here, I applied for a job in late June, got an interview but didn't get the gig.

Should I apply again in case they found a person that dropped out or just assume they didn't find anyone as part of the process I was involved in?

doesn't hurt to try again.

Should I apply again in case they found a person that dropped out or just assume they didn't find anyone as part of the process I was involved in and leave it?

maybe you were the only person who applied and got an interview

That would suck

Strax

Well

At least I'll finally watch GB Deadly Premonition stuff.

Also thank you everybody for the peptalk.

Agree with LiK

worst case scenario is that they just throw it in the trash. not much to lose.

Submit again. If they went with someone else and it fell through, I'd like to say most places would call runner ups, but, that's not usually how it works.

But yeah if I got an interview and no-one got selected regardless it's a pretty harsh burn.

not really man. it's bad hiring to just take the best or only applicant out of a batch. if anything it's probably a sign that they have their shit together as a company. just because you don't fit with them doesn't mean you automatically suck.

I'd like to say most places would call runner ups, but, that's not usually how it works.

yep, not only that but it comes off as kind of desperate of the company to double back.

not really man. it's bad hiring to just take the best or only applicant out of a batch. if anything it's probably a sign that they have their shit together as a company. just because you don't fit with them doesn't mean you automatically suck.

yep, not only that but it comes off as kind of desperate of the company to double back.

Cheers for the perspective!

Teddified

The title is a test to see who the cool dudes are and weed out the chumps.
For not listening to the beastcast shame on you.

Top Bottom