• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
SP2W3nS.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, that fake running man game got me thinking. Now would be the absolute perfect time for a Manhunt 3 and just load it up with Twitch-like parodies.

robotrock

Banned
Was UPF good?

I really enjoyed the recent one where they watched Pepper Spray videos as well as the other one when they built that PC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you know what would be good premium halloween content: random pc game vampire the masquerade

and Dead by Daylight needs Sherriff Wydell DLC. Where you just chase the killers around.

I really like that GB found a talkative group of nice people on the Internet playing an online multiplayer game in the Titanfall 2 QL.

I will never mock an Ubisoft multiplayer demo as been unrealistic again

Sakwoff

Whoops. Totally missed the new thread.

Great OP! :)

My introduction to GB was the Bombcast. That was during the core team era, way before Patrick joined.

I think I just got into podcasts at the time, listening to some stuff Destructoid were putting out. (I have fond memories of Brad Nicholson era Podtoid and subsequently Electric Hydra when they all bailed out of there. I remember being pretty excited when BradN joined GB but then bummed because he was never really given a chance there.) I started listening to the Bombcast because it always came up in discussions about the best gaming podcast.

I remember not being able to tell Jeff and Ryan's voices apart for the first few episodes. Which is crazy to me now. Weird how your brain works.

Peru

Danielle doing God's work representing DKC Tropical Freeze on the Waypoint stream. These Retro DKs are crazy good. Classic, pure platforming done in a fresh way with pitch perfect mechanics. Stoked Waypoint got a platforming enthusiast.

repeater

Danielle doing God's work representing DKC Tropical Freeze on the Waypoint stream. These Retro DKs are crazy good. Classic, pure platforming done in a fresh way with pitch perfect mechanics. Stoked Waypoint got a platforming enthusiast.
I've heard it's got a great soundtrack too, wonder if Danielle has any good Youtube links to the best songs..

Sakwoff

lol I love that chat in waypoint stream constantly talks gb . Mostly positive too.

The chat is generally pretty awesome for twitch chat. Especially since the active audience seems to generally be in the 4 digits. That usually means total shitfest on there.

They probably have set up some pretty rigorous moderation. Good on them.

Extra-Life 2016 Giant Bomb Team: Can't Stop Won't Stop (November 5th)

It’s that time of year again and that means Extra-Life is back! Extra-Life is an annual gaming event where people play games for 24 hours to raise money for children’s hospitals. This year Extra-Life will be happening on November 5th.

Last year the Giant Bomb team passed a massive milestone. Since the Giant Bomb team has been participating in Extra-Life (2011) we’ve raised over $500,00. $530,989.99 to be exact. That’s over HALF A MILLION DOLLARS!

Getting Involved
Let’s face it. Most of us are playing video games for a disgusting amount of time anyway. It may as well be for a good cause AND IT’S SO EASY TO JOIN! Go to www.extra-life.org, sign up and join the Giant Bomb team. You can join the team during the sign up process or by going to the team page and hitting join www.extra-life.org/team/giantbomb.

How do I get people to give me money for the kids?
This is the hardest part but also the most rewarding. Social media is your best friend. Tweet it, tumbl it and Facebook share while you’re at it. Live streams are also a great way of getting donations. If you’re going to stream do everything you can to make it a quality production. We’re talking shiny graphics, lower thirds with a donation link, code giveaways e.c.t.

Finding a theme for your stream is also helps. It’s give you a goal and you’ll never. Maybe you’re going to play all of the Halo games because you’re crazy or maybe you’re going to play 24 hours of Dota 2 because you like good video games.

I'm a busy person with a job, kids and a crippling drug addiction. I don't have time to play video games!
No worries friend you can still help. Check out the roster of team Giant Bomb and donate to someone you like the look of.

I’ve read your words, I’ve signed up and joined the Giant Bomb team. What now?
This most important part of Extra-Life is the build up to November 5th. Use all that time to spread the word and plan your live stream. Once you’ve signed up post the link to your donation page and any live streams you may be doing in this thread. If you have any questions post them here and I’ll try to help out. This really is a community effort.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/fattony12000 (every donation gets you a free game! https://bit.ly/fatgames)
Remember! We'll all get streamed to the @chasepettit-created multi-stream viewer (with IRC chat room!) https://www.explosiveruns.com
Dunno where I'll stream yet, maybe YouTube AND Twitch when on PS4... https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Heightofthegame/live / https://www.twitch.tv/fattony12000 / https://www.hitbox.tv/fattony12000

strafer

the most exciting time is coming

fucking yes

can't wait

Zaph

Have any of the GB staff committing to any Extra Life dates yet? I think Drew confirmed he's doing the 24hr with Alexis again, and Danny has dropped big hints he's joining them, but we don't know when yet, right?

strafer

Have any of the GB staff committing to any Extra Life dates yet? I think Drew confirmed he's doing the 24hr with Alexis again, and Danny has dropped big hints he's joining them, but we don't know when yet, right?

Ian must show up.

repeater

How was UPF?
I thought it was a pretty good one actually!

New Jackbox actually looks really good after the second one was a bit of a dud. That faking game is a really smart concept though I think it kinda presupposes (1) that the participants discuss a lot more before committing to an answer (2) that everyone is playing along properly -- hi Jason! (3) that everyone is seated in such a way that every participant can see everyone else properly. So maybe not ideal for UPF setups.

How was UPF?

Good, they looked at some interesting games.

Not sure about dates but Jason confirmed that he and his wife are doing it once again. Hoping Brad will do a solo stream, his were always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom