• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Cyberpunk much better than Starfield?

Is Cyberpunk better than Starfield?

• Graphically yes, but only that.

• Graphically and gameplay wise yes, but the story falls short.

• Yes, Cyberpunk is definitely a better game in all aspects.

• No way, Starfield is better than Cyberpunk.

Results are only viewable after voting.

EDMIX

Hd Pursed Lips GIF

Unless being lectured by space Karen is your thing, Cyberpunk companions are infinitely more interesting. Even Jackie in act 1 has way more underneath than just cussing out in spanish from time to time. And its subtle unlike the robots with emotional baggage in Starfield.

Put it like this, I didn't play enough of Starfield to comment, but playing all of Cyberpunk, my biggest issue with Jackie was we didn't get enough of em and I hated that they turned that opening into some quick montage when all of those elements of their friendship and Jackie's mom etc should have been all quest in game.

So right now...respectfully...I can't comment on Starfield's companions. I do like that you can marry and have all these people in your ship, but different setting lol
Does not matter if its Andreja, Sarah or Barett, if you become a little bit space pirate they will rain hell down on you from their righteous moral throne.

Well I like that aspect. It shows the characters understand something has changed and disagree with your actions or something.

Put it like this, I didn't play enough of Starfield to comment, but playing all of Cyberpunk, my biggest issue with Jackie was we didn't get enough of em and I hated that they turned that opening into some quick montage when all of those elements of their friendship and Jackie's mom etc should have been all quest in game.

So right now...respectfully...I can't comment on Starfield's companions. I do like that you can marry and have all these people in your ship, but different setting lol

Well I like that aspect. It shows the characters understand something has changed and disagree with your actions or something.

Go to his funeral/wake and you will see he has depth. Then replay act 1 and some stuff you pick up on especially when V gets angry at him for his head not being in the game during the heist makes sense. Dude got talent which is why he quit his gang and he was so close to making it. He made such an impact in a small part of the game even without even needing to play the part how they actually meet. Besides if your corpo V you already known him a while so how would that work.

Starfield companions, theres already a thread about it but I will say they are the blandest mofos to ever companion in an rpg. Every single one is some starry eyed explorer of the unknown. And 2 of them that I got far enough in the friendship bar are hung up about their ex.

Tomeru

But one FEELS like a proper rpg.

This is what I consider one problem with gamers and gaming today. Too much emphesis on how it feels and on how it couldve been instead of how it actually plays. Its part of why bathesda games are so regarded - it lets people play a fantasy they like and it's so "powerful" that it makes every negative feel less impactful or detrimental. The disconnect is so strong sometimes that it really makes me wonder.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
But don't you want to hear about how problematic you are from the middle aged lady with crippling insecurities?

To be fair panam and every romance option in cyberpunk are all about crippling insecurities.

But at least they don’t watch you sleep like a psychopath. 😂

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Unfortunately I don’t have a very good spec PC to utilize all the bells and whistles. I am really curious to try it though since this latest 2.0 update. Maybe it’s decent enough on current gen console?
I have the PS5 version as well as PC (got it for $5) and it runs and plays great and looks good and if that's your best option then definitely you'll enjoy it.

But the PC Overdrive stuff looks a generation ahead imo.

GymWolf

To be fair panam and every romance option in cyberpunk are all about crippling insecurities.

But at least they don’t watch you sleep like a psychopath. 😂
I would add that all 3 female romantic options start extremely bitchy and 2 (maybe all 3, i didn't had a romance with the blonde corpo bitch) of them kinda stay bitchy until the very end even if they are not judgemental fucks like starfield companions and they look much better so it's easy to forgive the bitchyness.

Last edited:

mrmeh

I bought Cyberpunk and paid for the upgrade for Starfield on Gamepass. I enjoy playing Starfield more, does that make it better?

Got board with Cyberpunk pretty quick, Starfield still going strong.

Bungie

Hd Pursed Lips GIF

Unless being lectured by space Karen is your thing, Cyberpunk companions are infinitely more interesting. Even Jackie in act 1 has way more underneath than just cussing out in spanish from time to time. And its subtle unlike the robots with emotional baggage in Starfield.
Those aren't companions. They don't follow you outside of a scripted mission, you can't even customize them in anyway, of course it feels more life like...You are experiencing the same thing everyone else is in a scripted fashion. They don't accompany you in anyway that's not intended and you can't do any of the side content in the open world with them. Lame.

In Starfield the world and companions are in a dynamic sandbox, I have funny dialogue and shenanigans all the time with them, depending on who I have with me, they will chime in on my conversations. I will have a complete unique playthrough because of this.
I will take this "robot" any day over being alone in cyberpunk. No one can admit how bland the game is outside of scripted bs.

Bungie

"interacting with the world" now, "new gameplay features from the skill tree CP doesn't do" previously. Like I said, moving them goal posts, for the sake of argument and SF shilling. Be well friend
Once again I said read my original post if you want to talk to me about the game,

You don't add anything to the conversion about these games, other than attack when I change how I describe things or if I use different wording? Nice.

I'm here to compare the games and talk about what I like better. Let me know when you can attribute to that just like your lackluster attribute skill tree in Cyberpunk you've failed to defend.

Bungie

Classice indoctrinated replay.

I already platinumed cyberpunk. I couldn't get to the part when starfield got good. Anecdotald, I know.

That was because EVERYTHING in stardield felt pointless. It is the grayest of grays. How can you say the game is creative when it doesn't do ONE thing better then their previous games? Its travel is worse than any other space themed game (and even non space games). My idea of companions is not lifeless cyborgs. Skills, well, are much more interesting theme wise in cyberpunk. That is also because the world is more unique than what bathesda made, and why the builds (or the ROLES) you make for your characters are more unique. Its the combination of a unique setting and interesting skills that lets you do different stuff in CREATIVE ways.

Loads more content, well you are right. Hence the quantity vs quality.
Well first off, I feel sorry that you have lost the ability to see what makes a Bethesda RPG truly special or maybe you never did in the first place.
It literally does almost everything better. They upgraded the dialogue skils with a new system, they completely made it to where you can build almost anywhere in the game and improved the building mode, faces when in dialogue look 1000 times better than any Bethesda game. Companions are fully romanced now, never in a Bethesda game to this degree, also Ive had more dialogue with just Sara alone than any companion in past games. You can completely design your own ship. Let alone vehicle in general didnt exist in any BGS rpg other than a horse. This is the best gun play we have ever had as well. That's not even half of the things they have improved on.

I don't know what skills you are talking about the lackluster watch_dogs/deus ex stuff?

Also I'm not going to compare Starfield to other space themed games. That's ridiculous, because it's a sandbox RPG. Be realistic and compare the same type of game not the theme...there isn't actually another space rpg that does space traveling better. Outer Worlds is worse. Please name a open Space RPG. Mass Effect? Both of those games, All loading screens and do it worse by a mile.

LostDonkey

Totally different games.

Loved Cyberpunk, played through on PC at launch. Still need to try 2.0.

Love Starfield, playing on Series X. Better exploration for me. Planet hopping and building spaceships is great fun over just one setting.

Both good games. Different, but I'd recommend both.

Topher

Gold Member
Also I'm not going to compare Starfield to other space themed games. That's ridiculous, because it's a sandbox RPG. Be realistic and compare the same type of game not the theme...there isn't actually another space rpg that does space traveling better. Outer Worlds is worse. Please name a open Space RPG. Mass Effect? Both of those games, All loading screens and do it worse by a mile.

A game doesn't have to be an RPG to be able to compare the space traveling aspect and there are several that are better than Starfield. Elite Dangerous, Everspace 2, Star Citizen and Rebel Galaxy come to mind. Outer Worlds and Mass Effect are games that don't even involve actually piloting the ship.

Totally different games.

Loved Cyberpunk, played through on PC at launch. Still need to try 2.0.

Love Starfield, playing on Series X. Better exploration for me. Planet hopping and building spaceships is great fun over just one setting.

Both good games. Different, but I'd recommend both.

Same here. Recommend both for different reasons. I thoroughly enjoyed building my own space ship in Starfield. Little bit of a learning curve and finding parts was frustrating at times, but at the end I had this really cool looking ship that I was very proud of.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
After reading some more posts, I have to say that we should not consider the mod community when it comes to deciding which game is better. I am more interested on what experience the company offered and not the mod community. Who knows, maybe Bethesda has mod community to avoid working much and leave the hard work to the community.

Tomeru

Well first off, I feel sorry that you have lost the ability to see what makes a Bethesda RPG truly special or maybe you never did in the first place.
It literally does almost everything better. They upgraded the dialogue skils with a new system, they completely made it to where you can build almost anywhere in the game and improved the building mode, faces when in dialogue look 1000 times better than any Bethesda game. Companions are fully romanced now, never in a Bethesda game to this degree, also Ive had more dialogue with just Sara alone than any companion in past games. You can completely design your own ship. Let alone vehicle in general didnt exist in any BGS rpg other than a horse. This is the best gun play we have ever had as well. That's not even half of the things they have improved on.

I don't know what skills you are talking about the lackluster watch_dogs/deus ex stuff?

Did you just copy paste pr fluff?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
After reading some more posts, I have to say that we should not consider the mod community when it comes to deciding which game is better. I am more interested on what experience the company offered and not the mod community. Who knows, maybe Bethesda has mod community to avoid working much and leave the hard work to the community.
The idea that they didn't work hard on the game is pretty ridiculous to me.

If people want to discuss mods, they absolutely can. Creation Engine comes with downsides, but that is one of the only true upsides and its part of the game they choose to make. They even collect and monetize some of them as part of an ongoing GAAS strategy on PC and consoles so its part of the game. Mods are part of the anniversary edition in Skyrim I thought too on consoles. It's like you're afraid the game may get better or something. People are just pointing out that it's part of a 5-10 year support plan for the game. It's like claiming you can't discuss multiplayer in Minecraft or something. They build out community creation tools on purpose.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Mods are part of the anniversary edition in Skyrim I thought too on consoles. It's like you're afraid the game may get better or something. People are just pointing out that it's part of a 5-10 year support plan for the game.
Nah, I am not afraid that the game will get better, lol, I just mention that the game gets better by the mod community and not the actual devs.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Nah, I am not afraid that the game will get better, lol, I just mention that the game gets better by the mod community and not the actual devs.
I think people know mods are made by modders. But Bethesda builds a game a certain way to make it easy for these people to contribute. That's kind of the route Fortnite is going as well. Nobody says to not count created content in Dreams. It just seems like people desperate to take them down a peg. Everyone knows it is community creation.

Last edited:

Belthazar

In its current state? Yes. As an overall product it feels like a more current, polished and cohesive product (as absurd as that sounds). But then again, both games try to reach very different goals... it's just that Cyberpunk's current iteration seems to achieve those far more often than Starfield.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Happy to see people besides myself are recognizing how much of a shill that guy is lol. Now we have him in here defending the character graphics cause "its better than fallout 4" lmao
The thread was actually somewhat civil for a while before you started attacking people. It's literally the most basic rule of forum discourse. Just talk about the game and not ad hominem the person. Talk about why Cyberpunk is 100x better in your opinion, and he can talk about Starfield. That's literally the point of the thread.

Macaron

Banned
The thread was actually somewhat civil for a while before you started attacking people. It's literally the most basic rule of forum discourse. Just talk about the game and not ad hominem the person. Talk about why Cyberpunk is 100x better in your opinion, and he can talk about Starfield. That's literally the point of the thread.
Stop being so sensitive. If someone is going to shill, call it out. You can like one thing without being dishonest about the other like hes been. I mean, just a few posts up hes doing his best to defend the character graphics with reasoning like "better than Fallout 4" lmao cmon guy. When civil discourse fails cause one person can;t stop shilling, no need to pretend otherwise.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Stop being so sensitive. If someone is going to shill, call it out. You can like one thing without being dishonest about the other like hes been. I mean, just a few posts up hes doing his best to defend the character graphics with reasoning like "better than Fallout 4" lmao cmon guy. When civil discourse fails cause one person can;t stop shilling, no need to pretend otherwise.
It's not sensitive, it literally makes discussion actually impossible. What if he's not a secret agent? What if he just actually likes Starfield more than Cyberpunk after playing both games? Well now that opinion can't be talked about. And that's exactly the whole point of why you're focusing on ad hominem.

Honestly he's being less sensitive than you guys. You focus on insults and he focuses on the game and brushes your distractions off.

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned
It's not sensitive, it literally makes discussion actually impossible. What if he's not a secret agent? What if he just actually likes Starfield more than Cyberpunk after playing both games? Well now that opinion can't be talked about. And that's exactly the whole point of why you're focusing on ad hominem.

Honestly he's being less sensitive than you guys. You focus on insults and he focuses on the game and brushes your distractions off.
What makes discussion impossible is shilling. Have you read his posts? The ones where hes dishonest about CP and moving goal posts in effort to argue in favor of SF? I mean the guy is now trying to act like the character graphics are good ffs lol. THATS what makes discussion impossible, which is why I stopped w him. Just happy to see others recognizing what hes doing here.

Woggleman

I do wonder if I would still say this if I didn't love the aesthetic and overall vibe of Cyberpunk so much more. I forgave a lot of things even during the launch because I love the overall feel.

hussar16

I just went from trying path tracing in cyberpunk to starfield thinking i have ruined starfield for myself forever, but to my starfield continues to look striking. Granted i was in an indoor area but it was shocking how much better it looked compared to cyberpunk. There is just something so amazing about the modeling in starfield. Everything feels like an actual object and the lighting is so much more pleasant than cyberpunk. I honestly don’t know if i prefer the art style or the game actually looks better technically, but my god does it look amazing.
Once you remove the filter from the game everything just pops like real life objects. Cybperunk everything looks cartoony. Wish cyberpunk used starfields graphics. It would make the game look more serious what initial trailer was

Last edited:

hussar16

I already platinumed cyberpunk. I couldn't get to the part when starfield got good. Anecdotald, I know.

That was because EVERYTHING in stardield felt pointless. It is the grayest of grays. How can you say the game is creative when it doesn't do ONE thing better then their previous games? Its travel is worse than any other space themed game (and even non space games). My idea of companions is not lifeless cyborgs. Skills, well, are much more interesting theme wise in cyberpunk. That is also because the world is more unique than what bathesda made, and why the builds (or the ROLES) you make for your characters are more unique. Its the combination of a unique setting and interesting skills that lets you do different stuff in CREATIVE ways.

With bethesda games you need a bit of imagination.if u don't have it you won't liek the games

hussar16

This 1000%

Keep in mind, that is what I thought they were even aiming for when that game was first announced. Like gangs or"corpro" was like a guild or faction you did quest for, leveled up and got different features for doing more of their missions annnnnnnnnd none of that shit was going on. Basically a different opening....thats it.

You know something is wrong in an RPG game when Saints Row is doing more progression that make sense for gangs then Cyberpunk. I don't even know the whole point of even having some of that shit in the game if it won't really be used in a meaningful way. I don't even fault anyone for thinking it was suppose to be something more

Its literally that in fucking Elder Scrolls, Fallout and clearly Starfield. So any of us assuming that is what it would be in CP2077 gave them much more credit then they deserved. Before anyone waste the energy crying over this shit btw, they'll likely have it in the sequel as that would make sense, so I wouldn't try pretending it has no place in that title.

Folks went from post launch like "OMG its not GTA, it doesn't need that"

Post, post patch'a'ton "WOW, I've got to say..revolutionary, the cop went in the car, chased me and fired their gun at me..WATCH OUT ROCKSTAR"
Yes they layed out alot how the game was going to be a rpg first then didn't follow any of it

Bungie

Happy to see people besides myself are recognizing how much of a shill that guy is lol. Now we have him in here defending the character graphics cause "its better than fallout 4" lmao
Not defending character graphics in general or for a console, they said everything about Starfield is a down grade from other Bethesda games and that's just not true in the slightest. The character models look better. The facial animations are better. Very obvious stuff if you actually play the game.

You add nothing to this thread and I'm glad others are also seeing it. :)

Bungie

What makes discussion impossible is shilling. Have you read his posts? The ones where hes dishonest about CP and moving goal posts in effort to argue in favor of SF? I mean the guy is now trying to act like the character graphics are good ffs lol. THATS what makes discussion impossible, which is why I stopped w him. Just happy to see others recognizing what hes doing here.
Where did I said the character graphics are so good or better than all other video games?! I said they are better than Fallout 4. You only read and see what you want to believe and thats been my entire conversation with you.

You are generally one of the most oblivious people I've ever encountered on NG. You just name call me and talk about me to others...
Seems personal and you need to take a step back from this thread, I talk to you directly not about you to others like its childish drama. I would appreciate it if you just quit talking about me and stick to the topic of the games. Think you can handle that?

Macaron

Banned

Not defending character graphics in general or for a console, they said everything about Starfield is a down grade from other Bethesda games and that's just not true in the slightest. The character models look better. The facial animations are better. Very obvious stuff if you actually play the game.

You add nothing to this thread and I'm glad others are also seeing it. :)
Thats his post you quoted. Where exactly does he say "everything is a downgrade"? You move goal posts with literally every person. I LIKE Starfield, just baffling the lengths you are going to in this thread to defend it from any and all criticism.

Top Bottom