• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom in the best looking game discussion is the 2nd time I think Ill go "man you guys love Doom to a illogical degree"

I appreciate the framerate on consoles. And its a real 60fps game not "we are 60fps sometimes but mostly jumping widely between 30-50" like Battlefield 1 but it has texture streaming issues and its art direction is basically Doom 3's.

justjim89

Doom is just a shooter with metal music.

Right. Kinda forgettable, imo

tumblr_inline_oigt52GDZP1r76lqg_500.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Overwatch is TF2 with waifus
Doom is just a linear shooter
Rez is just a shooter with techno music

GOTY awards brings out the best in GBGaf

justjim89

Giant Bomb is just Kinda Funny but good.

Waypoint is just Giant Bomb but millennials.

Jeff Gerstmann is just Dr. Tracksuit with his shit together.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Geometry Wars is good, but 2 is so much better. That's the real travesty when GB talks about the franchise.

Oh and Jeff's idea that a Hitmean Season 2 mission should be you on a film set where Helmut Kruger is playing a Agent 47 type assassin needs to happen.

Actually Helmut Kruger seems more of a stage actor kinda guy. Maybe a musical?

Curufinwe

Doom in the best looking game discussion is the 2nd time I think Ill go "man you guys love Doom to a illogical degree"

I appreciate the framerate on consoles. And its a real 60fps game not "we are 60fps sometimes but mostly jumping widely between 30-50" like Battlefield 1 but it has texture streaming issues and its art direction is basically Doom 3's.

Reminded me of the part earlier this week where Brad or Jeff downplayed Uncharted 4's graphics in comparison to BF1 because BF1 was, allegedly, running at double the framerate.

Curufinwe

Geometry Wars is good, but 2 is so much better. That's the real travesty when GB talks about the franchise.

Geometry Wars isn't great.

They have a severe case of nostalgia for the 360 launch era when they were obsessed with competing for Geometry Wars high scores and Achievements in general with their buddies in the gaming media. Without that external hook, Geometry Wars gets boring very quickly

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doom deserved best msuic over what won.

FURI sounds like every other indie game released in the last 5 years. Oh wow, dark synth heavy music. That hasn't been done over and over

Meneses

Doom sounds like every try-hard cheesy metal soundtrack from the last 20 years.

I keep waiting for Godsmack dude to start singing at anytime.

FURI sounds like every other indie game released in the last 5 years. Oh wow, dark synth heavy music. That hasn't been done over and over

while I'm 100% with you on Doom, I think that's a little unfair to Furi, which has a pretty strong soundtrack

"People needed a break from that kind of music," they say about Hotline Miami 2 as they give Best Music to Furi

Doom sounds like every try-hard cheesy metal soundtrack from the last 20 years.

I keep waiting for Godsmack dude to start singing at anytime.

There's way shittier metal out there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"People needed a break from that kind of music," they say about Hotline Miami 2 as they give Best Music to Furi
Seriously. How do you make a game with such an El Shaddai heavy influence in the art style and then give it this weird, out of place music that can only make me think 'yeah no i get it you bought drive on blu-ray and a letterman jacket, i get it'. I don't even think I got turned off overuse of chiptunes as quickly as I did in gaming as darksynth

Seriously. How do you make a game with such an El Shaddai heavy influence in the art style and then give it this weird, out of place music that can only make me think 'yeah no i get it you bought drive on blu-ray and a letterman jacket, i get it'. I don't even think I got turned off overuse of chiptunes as quickly as I did in gaming as darksynth

Hotline Miami used it because it worked.

Furi used it because they liked Hotline Miami.

People like Doom's stupid metal music?

As someone who loves metal and who has been called something of an elitist about my tastes in metal for like... 20 years at this point, I don't think the music is that good as a standalone thing. but maaaaan does it ever compliment and elevate that game in a way that no other soundtrack this year, or most years, does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom