• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

robotrock

Banned
I think GB still use "totally rad" in reviews.

I'll indulge your childish trolling with an actual answer.

I just CTRL+F'd every single Giant Bomb review since February 11th, 2016 (their XCOM 2 review), and while there were instances of "totally", there was absolutely no instances of "rad" or "radical". Try again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
maxresdefault.jpg

Google

I'll indulge your childish trolling with an actual answer.

I just CTRL+F'd every single Giant Bomb review since February 11th, 2016 (their XCOM 2 review), and while there were instances of "totally", there was absolutely no instances of "rad" or "radical". Try again.

I'll indulge your childish fact finding effort to appear mature and correct with a

totally rad

robotrock

Banned
What about it? Only in the opening hours so hope it doesn't fall off a cliff somewhere.

It never really falls off a cliff (though it does kind of go in a weird direction late in the game), my problem was moreso that the game stays just about the exact same for it's entire duration. I really enjoyed the opening hours too, but the game ended up going on for another five or so after that, and so by the end of it, the nine hours I spent with the game felt more like twenty.

Once you start getting into the loop of waking up, hanging out with a friend, and then going to bed, the game starts to feel especially repetitive. At some point, I even got tired of the cute dialouge and good characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
as a longtime fan of the series i can do this
It never really falls off a cliff (though it does kind of go in a weird direction late in the game), my problem was moreso that the game stays just about the exact same for it's entire duration. I really enjoyed the opening hours too, but the game ended up going on for another five or so after that, and so by the end of it, the nine hours I spent with the game felt more like twenty.

Once you start getting into the loop of waking up, hanging out with a friend, and then going to bed, the game starts to feel especially repetitive. At some point, I even got tired of the cute dialouge and good characters.

image.php

robotrock

Banned
as a longtime fan of the series i can do this

image.php

Haha, I was thinking about this too actually. When playing Yakuza's main story, it never really bored me because the game has quite a bit else to offer alongside the story and dialouge. It also constantly changes up the way it tells it, flipping between both fully voiced cutscenes and just button through NITW style text prompts.

The Yakuza substories though can be way more boring than NITW though if you try and grind them out. Do not do that.
I dunno, i feel like we need more slice of life games.
I agree, and I am looking forward to Persona 5 next month.

just think NITW needs to offer some more substance for the length it lasts. For the record, I still really like both Oxenfree and Life is Strange.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha, I was thinking about this too actually. When playing Yakuza's main story, it never really bored me because the game has quite a bit else to offer alongside the story and dialouge. It also constantly changes up the way it tells it, flipping between both fully voiced cutscenes and just button through NITW style text prompts.

The Yakuza substories though can be way more boring than NITW though if you try and grind them out. Do not do that.

I did some side stories inbetween my playthrough but ultimately just went through the main storyline. More and more as the series goes on I continue to realize that the story and characters are the only reason I really like the game. Exploring Kamurocho was fun up until about 3 but I've seen nearly everything there is to see htere and even the whole 'well i know the map so wlel i can find stuff without a minimap' stopped being cool by 4.

And I think the combat is awful and needs a complete rework. And 6 just looks like some more polish on their already dull combat that goes from too easy to bullshit health item using infinite armor enemies. I'd love if Yakuza's combat was more challenging like Sleeping Dogs or Mad Max was with better boss fights added in.

hamchan

I wonder how GBEast will handle the real estate and cabaret games being such massive and somewhat necessary parts of Yakuza 0. It was fun for me to do that stuff for hours and hours but I don't know how an audience will handle it.

ev0

If BiTE was an endurance run they could probably get away with it. Like those fusing eps of Persona 4. But yeah at once a week and a whole episode of Dan just walking up to every building to see which ones you can buy....that might not go over well. Although personally I wouldnt mind. The guys would probably just shoot the shit while doing it.

Volotaire

Vincent Caravella
@VinnyCaravella
Note! The Giant Beastcast will be up a bit later this Friday (9AM Eastern) so we can chat about our early Switch and Zelda impressions.

For anyone waiting for the beastcast.

robotrock

Banned
I did some side stories inbetween my playthrough but ultimately just went through the main storyline. More and more as the series goes on I continue to realize that the story and characters are the only reason I really like the game. Exploring Kamurocho was fun up until about 3 but I've seen nearly everything there is to see htere and even the whole 'well i know the map so wlel i can find stuff without a minimap' stopped being cool by 4.

And I think the combat is awful and needs a complete rework. And 6 just looks like some more polish on their already dull combat that goes from too easy to bullshit health item using infinite armor enemies. I'd love if Yakuza's combat was more challenging like Sleeping Dogs or Mad Max was with better boss fights added in.
Yeah, they definitely do need to change it up. I still have no idea what you're exactly supposed to do when a guy is down, but still alive. Just stomp on him with triangle for a bit? It doesn't exactly feel good.
I wonder how GBEast will handle the real estate and cabaret games being such massive and somewhat necessary parts of Yakuza 0. It was fun for me to do that stuff for hours and hours but I don't know how an audience will handle it.
Are they actually necessary? I'm probably a bad fan but I did not spend very much time at all with either.
when does it usually get released?

6am EST.

Wunder

Is Night in the Woods scary? It seems like one of those games where it's cute and pleasant for like the first half and then shit goes down

Heh, Jeff talking about the pod survey was awk.

Where was this?

Are they actually necessary? I'm probably a bad fan but I did not spend very much time at all with either.

I feel like you have to engage with those minigames (almost to completion at some point) if you want to really go deep into the ability grid. I couldn't really find any other way to make money.

robotrock

Banned
Is Night in the Woods scary? It seems like one of those games where it's cute and pleasant for like the first half and then shit goes down

No. There is some slightly freaky imagery at points, but that's it.
I feel like you have to engage with those minigames (almost to completion at some point) if you want to really go deep into the ability grid. I couldn't really find any other way to make money.

Yeah I barely touched that skill tree stuff

driggonny

Banned
This Mass Effect Unfinished feels like a video podcast. I haven't really been following Andromeda, are the videos that Brad showed new?

ryseing

Isn't there a whole bunch coming out soon? Dragon quest and that fire emblem thing.

Switch, the home for musou.

If Fire Emblem doesn't have flying units it will be a huge missed opportunity.

Of course it won't because that would require actual work for Omega Force.

Top Bottom