• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

KingKong

Drew rarely gets political (or even that personal compared to the other guys), but he's just quit his steady job of 8 years to make travel documentaries exploring and celebrating other cultures. Colin gets off on telling other cultures how they should and shouldn't be protesting threats to their existence.

We dont know what he'll be doing yet. Maybe the documentaries will be about how much all those other cultures suck

pizzacat

Banned
My TITR shirt came through the mail today. I got a bonus shirt and a sticker too. The bonus shirt though...
zMmsc4Uh.jpg

lol theyre selling so little of the most zzz east show that they had to force one of their shirts on you with your order of a gamefaqs shirt

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Drew is clearly traveling to communist countries to promote the ideals of communism in order to smash the American hegemony.

Catvoca

Banned
Back when people wrote FAQs. Now I can barely find any guides for new games.

It legit bums me out that there's barely any written guides for games anymore. I don't want to skim through a huge YouTube video when I'm stuck on something.

Obviously, what needs to happen right now is for Rorie to quit GB and start a patreon about writing game guides. I'd support, this is your chance to shine, Rorie!

oti

Banned
Obviously, what needs to happen right now is for Rorie to quit GB and start a patreon about writing game guides. I'd support, this is your chance to shine, Rorie!

No. What needs to happen is Rorie teaming up with Drew. They'd travel the world in super elaborate, high-quality travelogs that would only consist of Rorie petting foreign dogs and speaking to them in English.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So its amusing they bring up Halo, as the lead writer for Andromeda, Chris Schlerf, originally worked for 343 Industries and wrote Halo 4. And he has since left Bioware for Bungie.

So he went from Halo to Mass Effect to Destiny. Heh.

RIP Destiny 2

Again, Polygon was doing this way before Waypoint
http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/19/11974168/E3-fathers-day-dads

Waypoint comes off as fake-Polygon. Eventually we'll have a series where Austin and someone else use character creator to make sexually liberated monstrosities.

I expected three stars for Wildlands. That's about what I'd rate it. And I'm playing solo...and I still haven't beat it but I'll get there sooner or later.

Mr. F

Banned
I think the site itself wants to be an IGN meets AV Club and the video side is a McElroy-but-sometimes-horny Youtube channel

Not sure they're really pulling it off. Mcelroys are pretty much running the show over there it seems. Kind of wish they had stuck to their guns on being dedicated to more frequent long form-pieces on the industry, I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot once they started focusing on broader pop culture.

Maaan. And remember all that posturing when they launched the site with that documentary.

Megasoum

Banned
All right, I just bought F&F 5,6 and 7. I'm ready!

Really sucks that I have a medical condition preventing me of drinking a 40 cause I'd be all in.

It's not even the alcohol that causes the problem too... I had a major stomach surgery in December and I can't really drink anything carbonated. Right now I have a tough time drinking a can of soda... No way I'll get through a whole 40... Bummer.

imBask

Banned
All right, I just bought F&F 5,6 and 7. I'm ready!

Really sucks that I have a medical condition preventing me of drinking a 40 cause I'd be all in.

It's not even the alcohol that causes the problem too... I had a major stomach surgery in December and I can't really drink anything carbonated. Right now I have a tough time drinking a can of soda... No way I'll get through a whole 40... Bummer.

I sympathize, but you don't need booze to enjoy F&F 5, you'll be drunk on HOLY SHIIIIIIT

aVJpqJV.png

Yeah, was probably going to do it soon anyway, but time to call it a day on Danny's Patreon.

Meanwhile he's out there re-tweeting a trans dev who's spent the last hour admonishing the industry's show of support for Colin. Really made a home for himself on that fence.

Man.

Seeing this legitimately bummed me out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like Fast Five is pretty restrained honestly.

That's how unrestrained 6 & 7 is. It actually makes 5 looks restrained.

SomberOwl

Re. People in the industry.

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned how much nepotism there seems to be. It's despicable. No wonder it's "so hard to break in"

I'm sure there are many other great people deserving of a spotlight or Patreon money.

Anyway that's why I hope GB hires some unknowns

My TITR shirt came through the mail today. I got a bonus shirt and a sticker too. The bonus shirt though...
zMmsc4Uh.jpg

Now I am really excited for when my shirt eventually arrives.

I'm confused at what polygon wants to be as a site

They just want to make money and will go where the wind blows.

At first they wanted to be SERIOUS VIDEO GAME WEBSITE but that didnt pay the bills once the starting capital went away. Then they went back to being shitty Brian Crecente Kotaku levels of clickbait but its not 2005 anymore and that didnt work.

I feel like they are in limbo right now and just tossing ideas at the wall.

Top Bottom