• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I just ate half of a package of peeps. They're so good.
tumblr_mkh1uzuq8h1r2srhyo5_r1_250.gif

finishing up the real estate thing in Yakuza and threw on the velvet sundown quick look for some background noise.

that quick look is soooo great lol gonna watch the sonic boom quick look as i take down the media king

Tagyhag

Man, listening to old podcasts, and they were all so mystified by dark souls back then.

That's the best thing about listening to the old bombcasts.

That and seeing how things haven't really changed.

I was zoning out while listening to Jeff complain about that Medal of Honor reboot, and for a minute I thought he was talking about Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Mr. F

Banned
Just played through Eventide. I kind of expected more after seeing all the buzz about it but was a fun unexpected moment. Had some goofy cool moments like
the Hinox's wooden shin guards burning up after it walked through a campfire chasing me. Made the rest of the fight a lot easier wailing on its legs.

Neat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's the best thing about listening to the old bombcasts.

That and seeing how things haven't really changed.

I was zoning out while listening to Jeff complain about that Medal of Honor reboot, and for a minute I thought he was talking about Ghost Recon Wildlands.

I was listening to a podcast where they went "Of course they wouldn't reboot syndicate in a way that isn't a FPS. People should have learnt not to expect that after XCOM!"

Made me remember how fucked up that whole situation was.

Peeps belong with the other shit-tier candies of the world, like candy corn and the Valentine's Day chalk hearts.

It was disclosed in the oreos pink peep thread, but all of those things I enjoy wholesomely. And dots. Dots are great, I like Dan too.

I've gotta give those oreos a shot.

Any who's yeah I've been dieing for some peeps since that thread and the wife picked some up as a surprise today. :)

Jintor

new solicitor asked me to serve an affidavit on peeps like 10 minutes before i was supposed to go home. fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. then it started storming.

would love to zone out of my mind with some BitE but I gotta finish this goddamn statement of claim first.

fucking law

Jennipeg

I don't and have not given Danny money. It's easy for me to understand why someone would stop however. Actions speak louder than words. For all his talk, giving money to someone opposed to diversity outweighs what he says on Twitter and elsewhere.

Unless i've missed something, I don't think Colin is opposed to diversity is he? I don't think Colin is actually racist or sexist, just incredibly ignorant/naive to the issues they face. Those two things may be the same to many, but to me he is just a guy lacking empathy with a big mouth.

Danny seems like a good guy, we hear him talk a lot and he hasn't 'slipped up' and said anything offensive (unless I missed it?). If he was harbouring some secret regressive views, he does a good job hiding it.

I also wish he wasn't supporting Colin's show, but I also don't think its a black mark against Danny. Anyway, I respect peoples decision to drop their support, and I understand why, hopefully he takes note of peoples issues with it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, listening to old podcasts, and they were all so mystified by dark souls back then.

Go back and listen to every Demon's Souls related gaming podcast and it's pretty great.

You should check out the Demon's Souls Quick Look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWdZQpoNHs
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-demons-souls/2300-1485/

They recorded this before release even, I think. No one knows what the hell is going on. Oh and Vinny is playing.

edit: Young Vinny actually parries something first try.

Scizzy

I'm pretty sure my first Bombcast was right after Vinny got into Demon's Souls seriously. I still, remember him trying to explain the mechanics and telling everyone how he got to a treasure chest and, suddenly, it ate him.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Unless i've missed something, I don't think Colin is opposed to diversity is he? I don't think Colin is actually racist or sexist, just incredibly ignorant/naive to the issues they face. Those two things may be the same to many, but to me he is just a guy lacking empathy with a big mouth.

Danny seems like a good guy, we hear him talk a lot and he hasn't 'slipped up' and said anything offensive (unless I missed it?). If he was harbouring some secret regressive views, he does a good job hiding it.

I also wish he wasn't supporting Colin's show, but I also don't think its a black mark against Danny. Anyway, I respect peoples decision to drop their support, and I understand why, hopefully he takes note of peoples issues with it.

I'm not going to go into detail here, but I suggest you read through the recent thread about Colin:
Moriarty supports the struggle of Black Americans, he just ridicules Colin Kaepernick for protesting

Moriarty supports women, he just makes sexist jokes on Women's Day

Moriarty supports diversity, he just only invite white men on his show

Moriarty cares about transpeople, he just complains about people protesting against professional harasser and transphobe

Moriarty cares about poor people, he just doesn't support policies that benefit the poor

Moriarty cares about removing safe spaces, he just blocks anyone who legitimately criticize him

Moriarty cares about native Americans, he just complains about them for 10 minutes straight when they write something about cultural appropriation

Moriarty cares about polite discourse, he just calls oppressed people humorless sacks of shit when they voice their displeasure with his humor

For all the things that Colin Moriarty claims he is, and all the defenders, moderates and supporters who claim similarly, I've yet to see something that supports this narrative of being in support of oppressed people. His actions speak louder than whatever things he claim to support.

I don't think this counts as a black mark against Danny. I think Danny is being naive.

It reminds me a lot of the Oculus and Palmer Luckey thing, actually.

Top Bottom