• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
I should play Nier once I'm done with Zelda.
How open worldy is the open world? Do I have to engage with it a lot?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I'm going to hook up my PS3 to play the first nier after I finish automata.

Where's my Drakengard remaster collection?

Meguro

Banned
If nothing else, go listen to the soundtrack for it on Youtube.
It's incredible.
But yes, Nier 1 is definitely worth playing/seeing.

robotrock

Banned
Zelda just sounds like some quality sad piano music. Cool and all but I'd rather listen to the evangelion soundtracks or the echochrome OST

Absol

Between Yakuza, Gravity Rush 2, Nier Automata, and Persona 5, I don't even know which one will be my music of the year.

Man, the amount of side quests they're doing in yakuza is kinda a bummer. They'll get right next to the main story objective and ignore it.

It's tough because Osaka is so compact. I did the same thing on Chapter 3/4 because you just keep running into side quests. They've done most of them at this point from what I remember besides the last claw game girl mission.

EDIT: almost a three hour Bombcast

Wooow Noctropolis Playdate.
Also Binding of Isaac on the Switch is pretty good! (like on any platform). Fuck that game.
YES, such a perfect platform for it. Been playing sooo much of it this week.
Zelda working in older themes into new or familiar locations and situations is great. But this is a year with Nier, Yakuza, Persona, and Mick Gordon Prey.
Oh, come on you guys you can't make a case for best anything in a game that hasn't come out.

*Clicks broncobuster's link*

T7SQVSG.gif

Put it on vinyl please.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The way Zelda music adapts to what's happening on screen organically is incredible. You don't think about the music but when it kicks in you know eclxactly why it plays and what it conveys.

Everything I heard from Nier so far I heard from the QL. Not my cup of tea but I get why people like it.

Doom did that though. Hell, a bunch of games do that.

Meneses

Music in Zelda is unremarkable for the most part but at least it's better than the grating pile of garbage that was / will be Splatoon.

The way Zelda music adapts to what's happening on screen organically is incredible. You don't think about the music but when it kicks in you know eclxactly why it plays and what it conveys.

Everything I heard from Nier so far I heard from the QL. Not my cup of tea but I get why people like it.

Nier also does that.

Nier having an amazing soundtrack is like the most expected part of that game.
Did none of y'all play the first one?

I platinumed it. I love it and its ost.

Yakuza 0 is going to win best soundtrack. No doubt about that one(boss spoilers, definitely one of the HYPEST boss battles I've experienced this year so far. That build up is insane.)

and then watch Le Samourai

My man.

I hate that we don't have a Resident Kinevil Thread.

It is damn good. Been watching the series from the moment it began and since the first 3 RE's are my fave I did some photoshops(RE1, RE2, RE3). Brought back lots of good memories.

And baby makes three.

strdss1d.gif

Going through the replies here, I can't wait to dig into this podcast. Mass Effect sure is something.

robotrock

Banned
Nope. I only really know him from the Doom soundtrack which was cool but I'm not into metal at all so it didn't do that much for me.

I am also not into metal that much or whatever DOOM's OST actually is but I think it probably contributed to about half of my enjoyment from that game. I can't really listen to it outside of the game but damn it sounded awesome in there

Catvoca

Banned
I am also not into metal that much or whatever DOOM's OST actually is but I think it probably contributed to about half of my enjoyment from that game. I can't really listen to it outside of the game but damn it sounded awesome in there

I get that, it definitely contributes to how intense that game is to play.

He's also kind of amazing at making dynamic themes. It's harder to hear in the youtube videos of the pieces but when you're playing the games, it's seamless transitions to different parts of the songs or interludes when a particular thing happens.

pizzacat

Banned
other mick gordon shit is not really my style but like its cool I like it

but FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

the prey song is 100%

that cartoon gifx100000

It's disgusting how good Mick Gordon is at making game soundtracks, DOOM's was perfection and the only one I have ever gone out of my way to listen to outside of the game; looks like Prey will be no different, nothing ever wrong with more synthwave in the world.

Top Bottom