• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Strax

I really liked those old call-in/website updates that dave/alexis did a while back. They were awesome as just a way to connect with the GB crew and get updates and provide constructive criticism. If anything, this call-in show should be a good way for people who are unhappy with the current output to voice their concern.

As someone who has been unhappy with alot of GB things in the past year or so having people complaining to Jeff directly on a premium show in a call might take the cake for worst content ever.

Chuck

Still without luck
What is the deal with Alex's need to go through ALL of every franchise?

Just play a game. Just watch a movie. You don't need to franchise run everything until it dies halfway through.

M.D

Man, hearing about Vinny "saving up" for $60 games kind of bums me out.

is CBS not paying them well or something? I also remember Jason saying how he's broke a couple of times

You'd think Vinny would make a nice living considering his position at Giant Bomb and the fact he's been there since the beginning

Edit: Vinny leaving would be devastating, there's really no replacing him :(

Salarians

What if GBEast is hiring a video editor cause Vinny is leaving
Have a great wekand y'all hahahahahahaha
2550649-2477151477-iCMNt.gif

sirap

is CBS not paying them well or something? I also remember Jason saying how he's broke a couple of times

You'd think Vinny would make a nice living considering his position at Giant Bomb and the fact he's been there since the beginning

Edit: Vinny leaving would be devastating, there's really no replacing him :(

It's just not a high-paying industry. Jeff even mentioned that in the latest Jar Time episode.

Meneses

They need to do Yakuza Kiwami at least. From there it gets iffy since it's rougher to go back to old Yakuza.

Yeah, if Sega doesn't remake any of the other ones I see them just watching some recap videos or something. Right now the only one only on PS2 is Yakuza 2, right?

What is the deal with Alex's need to go through ALL of every franchise?

Just play a game. Just watch a movie. You don't need to franchise run everything until it dies halfway through.

Maybe Alex wanted to watch/play the highlights, and Vinny was like "but what about the deep lore/narrative!?" "the narrative... of Mega Man." "Alex, you're playing all of them or you're fired."

The lack of content the last year was all part of a elaborate plan.

Drew will leave to start a production company. Vinny will then leave and work for Drew.

Jeff will got to CBSi management and say they clearly need outside help to produce the amount of #content to keep the site growing.

They then hire Drew and Vinny on that sweet outsider contractor money.

Persona 5 Endurance Run happens.

World Peace.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seems like Dan is fucking in LOVE with the BotW.

Guess we won't see people getting angry in the review thread. Ah well. Looking forward to the game.

Meneses

Seems like Dan is fucking in LOVE with the BotW.

Guess we won't see people getting angry in the review thread. Ah well. Looking forward to the game.

The game seems to be great BUT Dan would probably be head over heels about a new Zelda game regardless.

Also, the stuff he was saying about "walking around the world and doing side quests for NPCs" like it was a great thing doesn't really translate into something actually great, especially for people who are tired of open world games like me.

I think the fact that it has the Zelda name will inflate a lot of impressions.

Moaradin

Looking forward to these Film and 40s. I've only seen the first movie and that was back when they came out. Everything I'm hearing about how the series ended up seems like the perfect kind of dumb movies for the podcast.

Meguro

Banned
Oh there'll be plenty of anger in the review thread regardless.
Nintendo attracts both incredible defenders and incredible haters.
So either way, someone will get irrationally angry at scores for a videogame.

The game seems to be great BUT Dan would probably be head over heels about a new Zelda game regardless.

Also, the stuff he was saying about "walking around the world and doing side quests for NPCs" like it was a great thing doesn't really translate into something actually great, especially for people who are tired of open world games like me.

Indeed.

Would have been fun if either Brad or Jeff reviewed it since they aren't into Zelda as much so if it made a great impression on them it would be noted but alas.

Looking forward to jumping off mountains and shit eventually (aka when i get a switch).

oti

Banned

Since Dan isn't the only person who seems to be in love I wouldn't be concerned about inflated impressions to this degree.

My hope is that what he describes the open world is actually true. That Nintendo managed to make an open world actually fun and interesting, instead of a shiny obstacle that often touts freedom but trade-offs focus or interesting content for it.

Antiwhippy

What I'm actually looking forward to is an open world that doesn't have a shit ton of... Shit to collect. Finally. After a long nightmare of Ubisoft open world games i can finally get an open world game without meaningless crap to collect.

Hearing about having to connect a shitton of items for incessant crafting in horizon nearly put me off the game.

What I'm actually looking forward to is an open world that doesn't have a shit ton of... Shit to collect. Finally. After a long nightmare of Ubisoft open world games i can finally get an open world game without meaningless crap to collect.

Hearing about having to connect a shitton of items for incessant crafting in horizon nearly put me off the game.

But then you might have a open world with fucking nothing.

I'm assuming this Zelda manages to balance that out somewhat (hopefully)

Indeed.

Would have been fun if either Brad or Jeff reviewed it since they aren't into Zelda as much so if it made a great impression on them it would be noted but alas.

Looking forward to jumping off mountains and shit eventually (aka when i get a switch).

Jeff lost his mind over Horizon so I don't think he's the one you want if you're looking to validate your disdain for Open World stuff.

Antiwhippy

I'd rather have fucking nothing to the meaningless crap in Ubisoft games.

Sometimes i want to be in a world and not be reminded that I'm in a game.

oti

Banned

There are over 100 of those shrines with puzzles in them. I'd rather have a bit of nothing with meaningful stuff than a ton of minerals and stuff to collect. Seeing this stuff in Mass Effect videos kills my hype for the game instantly.

I also loved how Dan described him going to a place he shouldn't go and dying. Reminded me of Dragon's Dogma.

Jeff lost his mind over Horizon so I don't think he's the one you want if you're looking to validate your disdain for Open World stuff.

I don't mind the open world stuff actually and i assume its because i haven't played a lot of those games lately so i can't say i'm burned out (the last open world i was really in was Sleepy Dogs).

Its more about the Zelda series and if this game is enough of a departure people are looking for, especially Jeff who has criticized it for not changing the formula enough or not nailing it when do they go in the other direction.

I'd rather have fucking nothing to the meaningless crap in Ubisoft games.

Sometimes i want to be in a world and not be reminded that I'm in a game.

There are over 100 of those shrines with puzzles in them. I'd rather have a bit of nothing with meaningful stuff than a ton of minerals and stuff to collect. Seeing this stuff in Mass Effect videos kills my hype for the game instantly.

I also loved how Dan described him going to a place he shouldn't go and dying. Reminded me of Dragon's Dogma.

If they are able to strike a balance of sorts then i'm game since i'm not a fan of either spectrum.

The game series i will always associate with that "i don't belong here" vibe is Breath of Fire.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's odd how there are no clips from call-in shows on the best of giant bomb videos. That's a super weird coincidence. I bet it's just so good that they can't risk giving any away for free, that's probably it.

oti

Banned
It's odd how there are no clips from call-in shows on the best of giant bomb videos. That's a super weird coincidence. I bet it's just so good that they can't risk giving any away for free, that's probably it.

You can just go ahead and say that call-in shows suck. Be more German. Be direct.

Real Hero

Strange takeaway considering Dan is often harsh on Nintendo games that fail to live up to expectations. Like the last released Zelda game of example, plus literally everyone who is playing it think it's amazing.

i haven't heard dan's praise of botw yet, but keep in mind that he's not super articulate in audio form. think stardew valley goty talk, for example; excellent game that he could only ever hint at its reasons for being so.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I started to listen to UPF last night, got excited for Puyo Puyo Tetris again, and just went back and watched both of their PPT videos instead

Does Zelda not have crafting? In videos there's a big inventory list, but those might just be for cooking.

And as others said, the Dragon's Dogma comparisons are the most encouraging about Zelda.

Strange takeaway considering Dan is often harsh on Nintendo games that fail to live up to expectations. Like the last released Zelda game of example, plus literally everyone who is playing it think it's amazing.

Which one is this?

Because the most notable games released he still liked and if that Skyward Sword GI review was him it got a 10.

Does Zelda not have crafting? In videos there's a big inventory list, but those might just be for cooking.

And as others said, the Dragon's Dogma comparisons are the most encouraging about Zelda.

Link wont skin an animal and show that animation ad naseum? pre order cancelled.

Top Bottom