• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Dineren

Banned
Can you put what he said in spoiler tags?

Edit: Removed the spoiler so no one accidentally clicks on it. He basically spoils the entire sequence.

I was so glad I skipped passed there when I originally listened to it. I usually don't care that much about spoilers, but that moment was incredible and I think it would have had much less impact if I had known about it going in.

There's also controller support modded in, right? Might give it a spin once I'm done with Zelda.

Yep, I recently played through the trilogy again and the controller mod for each game works perfectly.

justjim89

Man, I had no idea the Switch was actually selling well. Went out to get one today and three different stores said they always sell out within hours and good luck walking into a store and buying one anywhere within 100 miles. Reminds me of the Wii days.

TraBuch

Banned
Wait, is that whole maid service thing in Japan prostitution? I always thought they were just like hostesses where you pay for company basically, but P5 is making it sound like there's something more going on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean some hostess clubs probably deal in prostitution too. Maybe it's the same in that some maid services do, some don't.

Zocano

2930855-cp_beastintheeast_part10_04072017_01.01_40_14_18.still002.jpg

:OOOOOO

Awww yiss. Man how long is the next episode going to be? They probably made it through Chapter 6 so that means a lot of cutscenes.

Wait, is that whole maid service thing in Japan prostitution? I always thought they were just like hostesses where you pay for company basically, but P5 is making it sound like there's something more going on.

When I was in Akihabara, there definitely seemed to be somewhat shady cafe touting going on. Mostly girls in pretty skimpy schoolgirl outfits and the like. These were mostly in the smaller side streets vs the main streets of Akihabara.

Most of the prominent maid cafes are probably what you think though. They serve you food, play games, act cute and stuff. I think its all a little weird but different strokes.

Strax

After 3 hours in Dishonored 2 I'm not feeling it like I did with the first game, which I loved. Everything feels off somehow.

justjim89

It felt a lot more polished and improved in some ways, and a few of the levels were absolutely impeccable, but yeah. It didn't really stick with me either, and that's coming from a guy who thinks Dishonored is the best game of the last generation. Stephen Russell as Corvo was a really big disappointment in terms of his delivery, and the story as a whole didn't feel as pressing or important as the first one.

Salarians

I tried it back in November and it didn't grab me like the first one did. Some bad input/latency stuff too on PS4, might have been patched by now though.

I just finished the last F&F. Man. What a ride. I want to say that this feature is one of my favorites the guys have done. I very much hope they find another good series to do that with.

I nominate James Bond. All of the movies, starting from Dr. No.

kingocfs

After 3 hours in Dishonored 2 I'm not feeling it like I did with the first game, which I loved. Everything feels off somehow.

Played them back-to-back a few months ago. The story is laughably similar to the first game yet somehow much less engaging. Everything surrounding it isn't good, especially the dialogue.

The gameplay was enough to get me through it, though.

Strax

Rule of thumb with Bond films, if it has over 3 mins of underwater scenes it's bad. Bond movies are so interesting to me from all angles of filmmaking. History, tech, production, acting, changing of actors, locations etc. Many of those films are time capsules with all the good and bad.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm gonna repeat myself but if there is one other film series they should watch it's either Resident Evil or Underworld.

Most of the Bond movies are pretty boring tbh.

I like that one where he dances with a dead woman and then sits her down next to some people and says something like "Can you watch my girlfriend? She won't bother you, she's dead".

Wunder

Just had a real rough ride with Persona, got caught with an Agi that 1 more'd into another one and I caught my first death. Then I somehow bugged out the platforming and was floating in mid-air and couldn't get down, so I just did the same section three times in the span of like 20 minutes :|

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Listening to Dan in the last episode summed up my feelings. I loved the characters and the writing, I just didn't enjoy playing it after ten hours. Felt like a slog.

That's what it feels like watching it. I feel like the guys bit off more than they could chew with these games. The series barely holds my attention any more.

I want to see Dan sit thru the LotR trilogy but that would be too boring. They'd also need 2 40s for each movie

What should happen is they do a film and 40's on a directors top three movies. First up,

David Cronenberg:

The Fly
Naked Lunch
Videodrome

or substitute Crash into that lineup

then John Carpenter:

Big Trouble in Little China
The Thing
They Live

or sub in Escape From New York or Assault on Precinct 13

Megasoum

Banned
I want to see Dan sit thru the LotR trilogy but that would be too boring. They'd also need 2 40s for each movie

Make that 3 if they go for the extended editions. And yeah, I agree, it would too boring.

As much as I personally love those movies, Dan has made it very clear that he hates them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it's kind of incredible to me how many times ea tries to harken that nba jam and street nostalgia and just makes it look worse every time
nba-playgrounds-official-trailer_xdfq.620.jpg

just put out nba street hd

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Man, I had no idea the Switch was actually selling well. Went out to get one today and three different stores said they always sell out within hours and good luck walking into a store and buying one anywhere within 100 miles. Reminds me of the Wii days.

It seems to be selling well in some markets, at least well enough to be supply constrained.

Up here in northern europe it's very easy to find on shelves or just ordering online, guess it's not as hot here. Just anecdotally most people in my class seems to know what it is and two plan on buying it but it really isn't setting the sony dominated Sweden on fire.

I guess the price bergsala(distributor of nintendo stuff up here) put on it also discourages purchases (converted to dollars it's $420 while a ps4 can be found for $266)

Strax

Seriously though, Kingsman.

I'll never understand how people can love Kingsman so much. Matthew Vaughn has made some really entertaining films but Kingsman is, sigh, just not that. It's a movie made by an ad agency to be cool. It's so self-aware but lacks the soul of Hot Fuzz or Scott Pilgrim. There isn't a single likeable in the entire film. Even the best scene in Kingsman the feels like was directed by a hungover Edgar Wright.

Top Bottom