• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

justjim89

Furious 7 was incredible. Kickass moments, great action, good character stuff, and holy shit that ending. Of course it's the first movie to make Dan cry.

Fast and 40's is easily in my top three things Giant Bomb has ever done. Man.

oti

Banned
Torn between these two, Nintendo handhelds have been very good to me for rhythm games.

Also intelligent systems post if you're ok, or if you're busy working on warioware/advance wars it's cool

I'll cheat my way out of this Sophie's choice level of decision by declaring Rhythm Heaven the best rhythm game and Elite Beat Agents the best music game.

Wunder

Sure, but my point was that like P4 it's not really in any of the GB's guys wheelhouse, and realistically none of them would get though it on their own.

It'll probably get their best styyyle award though.

it'll prolly get nominated then taken off since no one played it

Mr. F

Banned
I wonder if cuphead will still be a contender for best style or if they'll be kind of over it? I don't even feel compelled to play it at this point considering how long it's been. Kind of feel like I 'get it' despite admiring what they're going for.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Even aside from the time investment, IMO robotrock is right in that it's basically just more P4, except with slicker presentation.

It's not like any of them would have gotten through P4 on their own either.

But everyone is a complete dickhead in Persona 5? It is pretty fucking dark.

Gamewise it is an incremental improvement, but presentation and writing wise I think it is a big step up. The Confidants are way better written and more compelling than social links.

Though I reserve the right to change my mind on this depending on how the second half goes.

oti

Banned
I wonder if cuphead will still be a contender for best style or if they'll be kind of over it? I don't even feel compelled to play it at this point considering how long it's been. Kind of feel like I 'get it' despite admiring what they're going for.

It's still as striking as it was when it got announced, although the developers do seem to have missed their moment with this game. Last thing I saw was some platforming gameplay, which looked very bad gameplay wise.

While we're talking about late games, where the hell is Below?

Mr. F

Banned
It's still as striking as it was when it got announced, although the developers do seem to have missed their moment with this game. Last thing I saw was some platforming gameplay, which looked very bad gameplay wise.

While we're talking about late games, where the hell is Below?

I'm still annoyed that they caved under all the whining and added those mediocre looking platform sections to pad it out. Knowing what it was upfront I would have been perfectly happy with a boss rush game that had come out a year and a half ago.

As for Below they've gone radio silent until they're ready to announce a firm date, but I'd assume summer.

Has Dan watched the Jump Street movies yet? He hadn't two years ago when Brad said they were some of the funniest movies he had ever seen. Vinny probably hasn't seen them either, as he barely watches movies.

They should watch those.

For the people who just found out about Playersunknown's Battleground this week with the Unfinished you should check out Sacriel's streams on Twitch... The guy is a beast (he established his twitch account with the original Arma 2 Dayz mod). He wins most of his games.

I found out about this game from summit1g's streams

Tubobutts

Wait, has Dan stopped liking Yakuza 0? What's going on in that series?
In the last one he said he didn't like the combat, but that's mostly because he still doesn't understand it and keeps mashing on triangle as soon as he has heat instead of waiting for or knowing when the prompt shows up.

And also they were all slightly disappointed to leave Majima.

TraBuch

Banned
He plays it in the most boring manner possible so, surprise, he's finding the combat boring.

I'm not gonna pretend Yakuza's combat is the greatest thing ever but mashing square and triangle, although effective for most of the game, is a terrible way to play it.

Jintor

It's not a valid reason because I don't like it

*Folds arms*

stupid atlusjp ruining just about any chance to get any long form content of p5 in any capacity

Man... was it Doom that won best story last year? Still don't understand their reverence for it at all. Although I admit I've never played a Doom game, except a bit of Doom 64 I think...

If I had my way, shooters would be disqualified from all awards. Except FEAR 1 and Binary Domain because they're awesome.

Mr. F

Banned
Man... was it Doom that won best story last year? Still don't understand their reverence for it at all. Although I admit I've never played a Doom game, except a bit of Doom 64 I think...

If I had my way, shooters would be disqualified from all awards. Except FEAR 1 and Binary Domain because they're awesome.

He cocked his shotgun to the music and punched the computer

I wasn't into doom either/have no nostalgia for the series, made a lot of the deliberations boring

Megasoum

Banned
Pretty sure Dan said he hasn't seen Bad Boys right?

That would be a good Film & 40s.

I particularly love the second one for how dumb and over the top it is.

Flipyap

It was Uncharted 4 (Runners-up: DOOM, Firewatch).

I understand what they liked about the goofy parts of Doom Not 4's story (and Giant Bomb sure likes its dumb), but those parts were few and very far between. It felt like the dullest self-serious story that was salvaged at the last minute with the addition of that prologue and some goofy audiologs.

Hindl

i'm about 45 hours in but i don't think this is the case. the adults sure can be evil though

I mean the first two dungeons deal with adults
physically and mentally abusing children and sexually harassing girls while intimidating anyone from speaking out due to their clout.
That's pretty dark. And way darker than Persona 4s let's murder people for fun thing

robotrock

Banned
I mean the first two dungeons deal with adults
physically and mentally abusing children and sexually harassing girls while intimidating anyone from speaking out due to their clout.
That's pretty dark

Sorry, my response was more in response to "everyone is a dickhead", and I think only the adults like you mention are like that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Doom deserved every praise it got.

Hindl

Sorry, my response was more in response to "everyone is a dickhead", and I think only the adults like you mention are like that.

Oh true. Well the kids can be pretty dickish too. Before the end of the first dungeon all the kids treat you like shit and say you'll snap at any point and to Ann
they spread rumors that she's a whore going after Kamoshida and that she thinks she's better than everyone else

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder if they are gonna do anything with the Planescape Enhanced Edition that's coming up. I know Vinny really likes the game but they would run into the same problem they ran into with Tides of Numenera.

Kimaka

I wonder if they are gonna do anything with the Planescape Enhanced Edition that's coming up. I know Vinny really likes the game but they would run into the same problem they ran into with Tides of Numenera.

I don't know why they don't just go ahead and quick look it. I know they said that it isn't very exciting because there is hardly any combat, but they have quick looks of adventure games all the time and those are mostly dialogue too.

strafer

I think them watching movies is probably the worst feature they have done, it has nothing to do with games and I have no idea why they are doing it, are they starving for content?

I think them watching movies is probably the worst feature they have done, it has nothing to do with games and I have no idea why they are doing it, are they starving for content?

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-Laughing-to-Serious.gif

2665537-jeff+laughed.gif

Top Bottom