• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I feel bad for him because he had this preexisting persona that was working super well for him at Destructoid, and there was no real transition period for him so all of a sudden, this new guy is talking about lifting and exercise and video games and all of the GB fandom was just confused.

Bringing in new talent like that needs to be done in a much more massaged way. Dropping new people into the shit (so to speak) is a terrible way to let people know what kind of person they are.

PodToid was the best when it was Aaron Lindee, Brad Nicholson, Jim Sterling, Sammit Sarkar and Anthony Burch. I can't even listen to it anymore, it's just not the same.
Had no idea he worked at Destructoid/had a persona there. The random gym references were so odd, but it makes a lot more sense now.

But yeah, I remember even Jeff talking about how he learnt a lot about properly onboarding new people after Brad N. But, tbh, they could have even handled Patrick better too. It went from "We're just gong to have him on the odd Bombcast and go from there" to "He's a permanent fifth seat and in most QL's" within a month. He was still personally getting to know the rest of the GB crew and building a rapport at that stage, so it was almost like setting him up to fail. Not that the abuse he got was ever warranted, but I think a lot of it could have been avoided with better management.

Hopefully third time's a charm.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So during the PAX panel Jeff mentioned TVCarnage. I had never heard of it, but it sounded right up my alley so I went ahead and gave them a watch. Very funny. Hilarious. I can't wait to watch them with my friends.

However.

The first one definitely just randomly cuts to a scat orgy and shows people eating shit straight out of a butt thats pooping it. I'm sure like 15 years that was totally metal and hilarious but it does not play in 2014. I was laughing my fucking ass off last night and then boom instant mood killer. :\

So just a warning to any like minded people who were gonna seek that out.

fleck0

EeWSZ3X.gif

The babies were fine, you're all being over dramatic. They seemed into it up to a point, and babies cry over anything so that's not reason enough to stop swinging a baby around by it's head.
I'm joking although I don't think those babies were hurt at all, babies are extremely flexible they sit around with their feet in their mouth for christsake

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The babies were fine, you're all being over dramatic. They seemed into it up to a point, and babies cry over anything so that's not reason enough to stop swinging a baby around by it's head.
I'm joking although I don't think those babies were hurt at all, babies are extremely flexible they sit around with their feet in their mouth for christsake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaken_baby_syndrome

Babies are pretty resilient, they take knocks all the time, though I'd offer this was a bit further than I think you should probably put your kid voluntarily.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I know all about "no no no, don't shake the baby" I'm not daft. They weren't really shaking them merely throwing them about, which has to be fine.

I dunno about that. They're still putting those babies through fast kinetic motions, which is basically like shaking. The major factors of of shaken baby syndrome is the brain hitting the inside of the skull due to fast motions performed by the head.

popo

I wonder what the podcast make up will be this week. Vinny is tweeting about being in NYC, Brad appears to be in the office, seemed like Jeff flew back yesterday? Either way it is going to be a late one.

Fox318

I wonder what the podcast make up will be this week. Vinny is tweeting about being in NYC, Brad appears to be in the office, seemed like Jeff flew back yesterday? Either way it is going to be a late one.

The Rorrie Puppy Show

2 hours of cute puppy noises.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Rorie on the Bombcast would be great. And with TESO and FFXIV out, he can actually talk about games, too!

Mully

It'd be neat to have a Brad, Alexis, Rorie, and Drew Bombcast. Maybe add in a Skype call from Patrick, Vinny, or Jeff.

We'll have to see. Any updates?

I saw Jeff mixlr'd this morning, so I assume he's in the office.

valeo

I'm kidding about the ER part.... but if I ever had the chance to have a totally honest conversation with Jeff I'd love to ask him if, given what he knows now, he would still have done the Persona 4 ER.

I think the answer would be quite a clear 'Fuck No' on Jeff's part.

I dunno about that. They're still putting those babies through fast kinetic motions, which is basically like shaking. The major factors of of shaken baby syndrome is the brain hitting the inside of the skull due to fast motions performed by the head.

you know there is a pretty big difference between violent changes in direction and a swinging motion

id be waaaaaaaaaay more worried about their joints than their brains

Didn't know I had an it.

Also the Viscera Cleanup Detail quick look may be one of the oddest games I've ever seen.

Of course Chicken Little.

and actually Viscera Cleanup Detail makes some sense if its from the point of view of someone who has to cleanup all of that shit.

those videos weren't that weird

That dude turning into a jet due to the word of the Lord was weird as hell

Just watched Tomodachi life and wtf?

I can't stop looking at Jared Rae's entrance, that's freaking charisma.

2619211-jared+rae.gif

Watching this right now, and it's amazing haha! All the hyped guests like Jeff G, John D, being eliminated so quickly was a surprise. Love that so many women joined in. The COLLUSION at 30:46 was pretty great. The audience signs were awesome.

Andrea Rene: "This is bullshit, I got glass in my hair!" lol

Trin's innocent positive dismissal to then "well, fuck that motherfucker!" brilliant!

Arthur Gies eliminiated right away XD

Watching this right now, and it's amazing haha! All the hyped guests like Jeff G, John D, being eliminated so quickly was a surprise. Love that so many women joined in. The COLLUSION at 30:46 was pretty great. The audience signs were awesome.

Andrea Rene: "This is bullshit, I got glass in my hair!" lol

Trin's innocent positive dismissal to then "well, fuck that motherfucker!" brilliant!

Arthur Gies eliminiated right away XD

Plus Gies trying to shit on wrestling after it happened.

And Alex just murdering fools and betraying everyone.

It was pretty awesome

Fox318

Of course Chicken Little.

and actually Viscera Cleanup Detail makes some sense if its from the point of view of someone who has to cleanup all of that shit.

That dude turning into a jet due to the word of the Lord was weird as hell

Just watched Tomodachi life and wtf?

Still its may be the most grim game I'v seen. I feel like its a reflection of how we are desensitized to violence in video games.

Still its may be the most grim game I'v seen. I feel like its a reflection of how we are desensitized to violence in video games.

Its pretty crazy.

The elf one is the most disturbing of the bunch given the setup (the massive amount of alcohol bottles, the carnage left behind and who did it)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What is this one hour 56 minutes thing they put up? Where is the bombcast?

Edit: Wait, also no Vinny? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom