• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to catch up on Beast in the East, but I'm still on episode 9. The series started out strong but they've been harder and harder to watch as time went on. I miss Shenmue.

So the whole torn to shreds leggings thing. How the fuck do you put that on? If you're not extremely careful you'll just rip the leggings in half putting your foot through the wrong hole.

Putting all of this weird armor shit throughout a lot of Japanese games is obviously crazy anyway, but the torn leggings thing is just baffling
Well obviously you put those on carefully. People wear those things IRL, surely a game character wearing them can't be such a stretch.

Man, Dan talking about scalpers at Nintendo World walking out and try to sell to people in the same fucking line just makes me so goddamn angry.

faridmon

The sad thing is, The older Tales games had an amazing Costume designs. Heck, I even wanted to be a designer thanks to Tales of Symphonia's amazing art and costume design

That's good character design, if only because of how unique it is. Enjoy your dull military shooters gbgaf

Seriously?

I mean, I can tell myself lies too, but...

Guess Who

Banned
the shredded leggings are actually kind-of justified in the plot but i fully realize i will look too ridiculous trying to defend it to even bother

i was more offended by the book-skirt, personally

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The plot justification is that she ripped into some clothing taken from a prison.

Like, somehow ripped into something that needs to be carefully constructed.

Guess Who

Banned
y'all, don't make me do this. don't make me be the guy that's gotta justify the ridiculous anime costume. i never wanted this

The plot justification is that she ripped into some clothing taken from a prison.

Like, somehow ripped into something that needs to be carefully constructed.

the top is from the prison (and indeed is total nonsense), the leggings are her old pants from before she got thrown into prison that got shredded up by demons after cagefighting them for three years straight

Hindl

Eh whatever. I've certainly played anime games with dumber outfits.

Never forget:

ffta2_artwork_luso.jpg

So the whole torn to shreds leggings thing. How the fuck do you put that on? If you're not extremely careful you'll just rip the leggings in half putting your foot through the wrong hole.

Putting all of this weird armor shit throughout a lot of Japanese games is obviously crazy anyway, but the torn leggings thing is just baffling

Back before the full reveal, a bunch of us were joking that her clothes were from being a pirate-vampire-werebear from what little we knew at the time plus some silliness. :p

But yeah, Okamoto should be the character designer for Tales (ToX2 had styyyyyyyyyle for days), but the other two are big-time mange artists so them and their wierd quirks stay.

Also, Jason should be a bigger proponent of Tales. I wonder why he aint.

"here's my combat robot designed for combat"

I don't equate practicality with quality of design especially in a game as stylized as Nier Automata. It's a good design. It's sexy without just being "She isn't wearing anything at all!". Obvs subjective but the practicality argument doesn't get you very far imo. Nier has aspirations towards realism.

Hindl

2B is pretty bad too
http://img02.deviantart.net/f253/i/2016/095/1/7/nier__automata_by_meodualeo-d9xv0cn.jpg/IMG]
"here's my combat robot designed for combat"[/QUOTE]

I'll at least give Yoko Taro credit. He didn't try to come up with a bullshit excuse or anything. He just straight up said he likes looking at pretty anime ladies

[quote="Human Trashcan, post: 234589173"]I don't equate practicality with quality of design especially in a game as stylized as Nier Automata. It's a good design. It's sexy without just being "She isn't wearing anything at all!"[/QUOTE]

Well the part of the dress that splits at the side could be like 2 inches lower and not take too much away from it

The funny thing with a lot of female Japanese character design is that outside of their absolutely insanely pandering outfits, I feel like I more often encounter self-actualized, self-driven, and well written/memorable female characters in Japanese games than I do in a lot of the western games I play.

The outfits can really distract from that though. It's a weird thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She's 2 steps away from a French Maid outfit where as the main male lead looks like a 12 year old with an ugly bowl cut

Kimaka

I'll at least give Yoko Taro credit. He didn't try to come up with a bullshit excuse or anything. He just straight up said he likes looking at pretty anime ladies

Well the part of the dress that splits at the side could be like 2 inches lower and not take too much away from it

Yeah its really close to looking good. If that did that and make the boob window sheer like the rest of the top, it would look better.

robotrock

Banned
Her being a robot means the design makes sense. Like a robot wouldn't have trouble running in high heels

Yeah exactly. Not sure if you guys have seen the video where the guy kicks the shit out of the robot dog, but its clear a robot can look like anything and still be practical if you want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom