• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
But shouldn't the fact that those satellites get wiped out have been a sign? And to wipe them out you'd have to be semi-close since they only noticed they were down for a few hours, so they should have already been detected. Otherwise what's the point?

I'm putting too much thought into this though, whatever justification they need to just start over. It does look good visually though

I mean, I'm sure they didn't put too much thought into it either because they needed to jettison the story asap. The destruction and recreation of a game world here just reminds me of how well FFXIV did it and how poorly this seems to be implemented.

Giganteus

This sure looks exactly like Destiny.

I guess I should have expected that?
It looks pretty. I'll be on board if the mission variety and more environments are at least above average, and not total trash fires. I really wanted to buy Destiny, so let's see if they can do those TWO things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the coolest of takes ever.

i dont know about that. everyone in giantbombfandomverse seems to think that the shooting in destiny is SO good that it makes up for all the other shit in the game

like they prop up its flaws on that when its really nothing special

Hindl

hot take

the 'shooting' in doom feels a lot better than the shooting in destiny

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The shooting was the good thing in Destiny, that's what Brad hung his hat on when defending it (and Jeff). But I bet if you asked him, Brad would choose Doom's shooting over Destiny's in a second

Ashby

i dont know about that. everyone in giantbombfandomverse seems to think that the shooting in destiny is SO good that it makes up for all the other shit in the game

like they prop up its flaws on that when its really nothing special

Bungie shooting has always been bullet sponge, non-reactive horse shit. I remember being 10 and hating how the enemies didn't react to being shot in Halo 1. I wanted mother fuckers grabbing their limbs in pain when I shot them like in Perfect Dark. Still do, as a matter of fact! The shooting in DOOM is the best shooting since God knows how long.

I'm no Destiny expert, but the thing I'm taking away from all of this is it's the exact same classes as the first game but with different supers.

EDIT: "More cinematics than we've ever had in a Destiny game." YOU'VE ONLY HAD ONE DESTINY GAME

daveo42

Banned
New worlds...like Earth.

Sounds like they at least figured out people hated how many stops you had to take just to get from one place to another.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm expecting a 10-15 minute gameplay demo with a beta announced for people who preorder

same. i bet we dont get a bunch of new gmae announcements from e3 sony this year like last year. probably demos of Destiny, Battlefront and COD or some shit. Bare minimum I'm hoping to see Spiderman there with a date

daveo42

Banned
I feel like Destiny exists in some weird other universe where stuff MMOs have done for the longest time are revolutionary in a Bungie game.

Hindl

same. i bet we dont get a bunch of new gmae announcements from e3 sony this year like last year. probably demos of Destiny, Battlefront and COD or some shit. Bare minimum I'm hoping to see Spiderman there with a date

Yeah but they don't have to, they've already announced a ton of shit. Like you said, 10 minutes each to Battlefront, COD, and Destiny. Another 10 minutes to the new AC, maybe Far Cry. Extended demo of TLOU Part 2, God of War, and Days Gone. I'm sure we'll see a bit more of Spiderman. 20 minutes to some PSVR shit so they can say they aren't abandoning the platfform, and some indie sizzle reels. That's enough for a conference. Maybe a hint of FFVIIR or KHIII (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom