• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see awesome seasonal Overwatch stuff I get frustrated all over again at how awful the loot box system is. Hope I can get some of those dances without having to spend money gambling lol.

This Bungie presentation has a very Blizzard-ish feel.

Zaph

7Jl5djU.jpg

8AxeXwH.png

VldziCJ.png

two types of people in this world...

daveo42

Banned
I think for a lot of people this basically is their first game like that

For individuals that's fine. For a developer like Bungie, you'd think they'd include some MMO features in their "MMO" shooter and not hype them up as innovative features.

In WoW we called them carries and we charged them

Doesn't Destiny 2 already have "Boosting" or something like that? I did that in FFXI and we called it power leveling and we also charged for that.

Hasney

Being on battle.net probably means I won't buy it. I don't hate the client or anything, but if I boot it up and see the Overwatch logo I'm just going to lose a day to that instead.

People are going to be pissed that it's not on Steam, lol. Or maybe not? I can't track what I'm supposed to hate or not as a PC gamer anymore.

The party-based nature makes it feel like a good fit for Battlenet.

Hindl

In WoW we called them carries and we charged them

I got lucky in that my friend who got me into WoW was the top DPS for the top guild on the server so he had a lot of clout to just carry me for free

Also Battle.net broke for me last time I tried to use it. It's the reason I never got Overwatch. I tried playing during that free beta weekend one time, but whenever I tried to hit the Play button for OW nothing would happen. I tried closing, uninstalling, nothing worked

well they repeatedly called it battle.net during the presentation.
I think they are walking back the namechange and hoping no one notices.

I hope so, Battle.Net is still such a cool fucking name, and Blizzard Launcher is just lame, plus if they are having games that aren't Blizzard games on the launcher then it makes total sense to change it back.

I feel like Destiny exists in some weird other universe where stuff MMOs have done for the longest time are revolutionary in a Bungie game.

So true. I feel like a lot of the issues Bungie ran into with Destiny 1 are things that were solved by MMO's a decade ago.

Was not impressed by what they showed today. Lot of QoL changes but didn't really seem like much of anything new gameplay wise.

Diancecht

Just started watching Beast in the East, four episodes in. I have absolutely ZERO IDEA what's going on with the story because it's a background video for me but I LOVE the out of context random shit when I look at the screen, it is bonkers.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
well they repeatedly called it battle.net during the presentation.
I think they are walking back the namechange and hoping no one notices.

Maybe they just forgot or ignored it.

That's a shame. I know I've been doing my part and suggesting everybody play Blizzard games on the Activision/Blizzard Blizzard Games Launcher Client Executable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom