• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

platinum has been running amok with that thing where various musical layers of the track weave in and out depending on what you're doing in-game. It is used to really good effect in Nier, but the first place I really remember noticing it was Rising, since it cuts the boss lyrics in and out depending on how hype the stage of the boss fight is.

Tubobutts

Ya'll ever get the feeling that Jeff and Alex are besties
sddefault.jpg

Searching for that led me to this post. We're in a time loop.

LotusHD

Banned
Man, what a great OST. Nier's is really good too though. Can't really decide which is better.

Nier easily. Honestly, for all the talk I heard about P5's OST, it wasn't as consistently great as I thought it'd be. Or more like, it had good stuff, but only a few that I genuinely fucked with, like Whims of Fate for example.

daveo42

Banned
Reminder that the game was first announced in 2008.

And all that stuff Ancel was talking about in the demo? If you closed your eyes, it was basically Sean Murray talking in a French accent.

It's healthy to be skeptical.

Yes. If it does work, I'm super curious how in the absolute hell they are doing that scaling with little to no load times. Like, 95% of that is impossible or he's running it on a server with a few TBs of RAM and thousands of server cores churning all that out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like if they just want to simulate and build a game around that one specific planet system and populate that planet with content it would be a mindblowingly good game but they want to simulate the entire goddamn universe.

daveo42

Banned
Well this page just got real.

How's everyone's night going?

I'm angrily typing at a Sony rep about how fucked their online payment system is. Second time in a month where I wanted to make a purchase from psn and they've rejected my cc account for seemingly arbitrary reasons.

Great! Just booked a vacation in Montreal for the end of July can't wait!
Nice. I could use a vacation myself but haven't asked for any time off yet.

I'm angrily typing at a Sony rep about how fucked their online payment system is. Second time in a month where I wanted to make a purchase from psn and they've rejected my cc account for seemingly arbitrary reasons.
Huh I've never had any issue with mine. That's a bit odd, hope you get it all sorted it.

Megasoum

Banned
Sony would not accept my CC at all from like 2006 to around 2013-2014...

At one point I tried and it finally worked and it's been fine since.

Ashby

That makes for two northeast US video game cons I've been to where fucking nobody had PCE games. That's not entirely true, I *did* get the Japanese version of Bonk's Adventure today!

daveo42

Banned
Huh I've never had any issue with mine. That's a bit odd, hope you get it all sorted it.

It's mostly due to me needing to change my cc account info and now I guess my account is constantly flagged.

I just by the points card from Amazon.

Haven't had my CC on file with Sony since 2011.

PSN credit from Amazon works, though I hate having extra funds on my account when I don't need them. Sure, I'll use the funds eventually, but I hate having extra funds just stuck on my account. It's like going to the grocery store to buy a gift card with your credit or debit card and then turning right around and using that gift card to buy your groceries.

Maybe if you are super worried about protecting yourself against fraud...but why include such a middle man just to make a charge and they now have more of your money than you wanted to spend?

And all that stuff Ancel was talking about in the demo? If you closed your eyes, it was basically Sean Murray talking in a French accent.

It was announced in 2008

And the vertical slice they showed was made for E3

IT'S LITERALLY THE NEW DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THIS

Curufinwe

It's mostly due to me needing to change my cc account info and now I guess my account is constantly flagged.

PSN credit from Amazon works, though I hate having extra funds on my account when I don't need them. Sure, I'll use the funds eventually, but I hate having extra funds just stuck on my account. It's like going to the grocery store to buy a gift card with your credit or debit card and then turning right around and using that gift card to buy your groceries.

Maybe if you are super worried about protecting yourself against fraud...but why include such a middle man just to make a charge and they now have more of your money than you wanted to spend?

I actually don't mind having the little leftover credits.

pizzacat

Banned

That vision of the 2008 game is completely gone
If anyone should be skeptical about a certain aspect of the game think of how fast he dropped wild for a game that shouldn't have the name of bg&e from what we've seen.

What if another game piques his interest in the 6 years that will prolly take this game to come out

pizzacat

Banned
That reminds me of the time I got my account hacked and had to send numerous emails just to get a refund and they told me "we will help just this once boy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom