• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

TraBuch

Banned
I legitimately think I'd punch Dan if we were friends and he wanted to play some co-op PUBG and he did all this shit.

Probably says more about me than him.

I feel like they don't have a good understanding of how the sound of gunshots line up with them getting shot from far away. Alex kept asking "where is that from?" When you could hear the gunshots clearly in the right side of your headphones. Maybe he thought it was a completely diffrrent firefight? But every time one of his teammates would start talking about getting shot, the sound of those shots would be going off again.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm unreasonably bothered by alex refusing to aim down the damn sight in combat situations.

Does he not know his shots are going wide as hell when he does that? Those scopes and sights are there for a reason.

Giganteus

I feel like they don't have a good understanding of how the sound of gunshots line up with them getting shot from far away. Alex kept asking "where is that from?" When you could hear the gunshots clearly in the right side of your headphones. Maybe he thought it was a completely diffrrent firefight? But every time one of his teammates would start talking about getting shot, the sound of those shots would be going off again.
Yeah, the shots are easy to discern but they still can't figure it out for some reason.

BTA

I'm absolute shit at this myself, to be fair. I wonder if it has anything to do with me being bad at 3D spatial awareness?

Me at the end of Exquisite Corps Episode 3
giphy.gif

Why Dan. WHHHHYYYYY. RIP Alex and Vinny (in XCom).

Stoze

Is the compass not in other popular battle royale games? It's easy to take for granted but it's kind of a brilliant little mechanic - it's immediately understandable just from a glance and lets you deliver quick and precise callouts to teammates without needing an absurd knowledge of the map.

Like slap that shit in even Battlefield as is and it would probably be pretty beneficial.

honestly there is a way to play where they avoid getting into engagements the second they see someone

Dan kinda has that idea of kinda hiding and looting, whilst everyone else gets in a firefirght and dies. They don't have to run and gun every time.

I'm unreasonably bothered by alex refusing to aim down the damn sight in combat situations.

Does he not know his shots are going wide as hell when he does that? Those scopes and sights are there for a reason.

No, you're right. He does it every time and it's gonna get him killed. Also the fucking burst. Alex is pretty bad at this game, and Xcom too, for the same reason I think. He just freezes up and has no situational awareness.

m29a

Neo Member
honestly there is a way to play where they avoid getting into engagements the second they see someone

Dan kinda has that idea of kinda hiding and looting, whilst everyone else gets in a firefirght and dies. They don't have to run and gun every time.

Sure, but that won't make them any better. This stream consisted of watching Alex hide in the warehouse when his teammates were getting fired at, and then he was glued at a tree and waited until the last second to support his team down the hill. Personally, I found that rather boring to watch. My best example is just Alex in general, yes he's decent in close quarters, but in medium-long range? Forget it. He's gotta get in the action more, and then he'll slowly improve over time. Being aggressive isn't a bad thing.

I just don't see them ever winning, and that's okay. The stream is entertaining as-is, I think. There are too many better teams out there that will continue to destroy them each engagement. They simply aren't good enough at communicating/optimizing their loot, all that jazz.

Top Bottom