• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also god why is this series once a week again.

It probably doesn't make sense to think of it this way but they are only 50mins each.

This is mostly just me dying to see dan's report and abby's response though. :p

Wunder

Also god why is this series once a week again.

It probably doesn't make sense to think of it this way but they are only 50mins each.

This is mostly just me dying to see dan's report and abby's response though. :p

Yeah I wish it was once a week for each commander. If they wanted to beat the game it would probably need to pick up too, since you do dozens of missions and spend a lot of time in the base stuff too.

It would be nice to have XCOM more than once a week, but I understand they probably want to stretch it out as a regular Monday feature.
Also, it's likely they don't have the time to record more with all the other content they are pumping out on a weekly basis.

Antiwhippy

They probably have a bunch prerecorded though. There's no way it took Dan 2 weeks to learn that Abby and Ellen already died.

The way people in the video comments are looking so deeply into it and diagnosing Dan with a variety of narcissistic personality disorders and shit is some of the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen.

Wow, Dan really went to town there. The Vinny noises were the best bit.

The way people in the video comments are looking so deeply into it and diagnosing Dan with a variety of narcissistic personality disorders and shit is some of the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen.

These people are the worst.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I'm pretty sure most of us here like Dan than not.

I know there are a few who don't but he doesn't get that much heat here.

oti

Banned
I looked further in and saw the climbing, thus confirming that I absolutely do not need to play this game.

Climbing, jumping or platforming in any way always gets me. I know Uncharted isn't challenging at all but I still enjoy climbing a mountain while being in a beautiful setting.

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is underappreciated

Whatever, Dan's not an idiot. He knows his "character" is designed to get under people's skins. So he can't (and to his credit, doesn't) go around and complain when he gets under people's skin.

That being said there has definitely been some weird, ill-advised armchair psychoanalysis both here and elsewhere, probably of most members of the GB crew. Even Abby already got hers for being a gosh-dang millennial who doesn't like Hellblade because of reasons.

Antiwhippy

Didn't this whole thread pop off at ben tweeting out that there will be more kingdom heartache, think that the tweet is implying there won't be any kingdom heartache, and then it turned out that there was kingdom heartache.

Antiwhippy

These uncharted snipers really need to learn to shoot once they got their red dots on someone, not wait for 10 seconds.

Nobody has ever actually said that

"Dan is the worst"

"Dan is obnoxious"

"Dan's shtick is old and I wish he wouldn't talk anymore"

"Dan ruins PUBG"

"Dan ruins XCom"

"Dan ruins Beastcast"

"Why does Dan like Mario Party? This is a horrible feature. Why does he have to be so competitive all the time?"

"Why does Dan like Mario Sunshine? This is a horrible feature. Why does he have to be so competitive all the time?"

--------------

You're right, no one ever takes shots at Dan, haha.

The Giant Bomb OT is just a never ending series of perceived hot takes.

We're all our own worst enemies. :)

Antiwhippy

"Dan is the worst"

"Dan is obnoxious"

"Dan's shtick is old and I wish he wouldn't talk anymore"

"Dan ruins PUBG"

"Dan ruins XCom"

"Dan ruins Beastcast"

"Why does Dan like Mario Party? This is a horrible feature. Why does he have to be so competitive all the time?"

"Why does Dan like Mario Sunshine? This is a horrible feature. Why does he have to be so competitive all the time?"

--------------

You're right, no one ever takes shots at Dan, haha.

How is any of this most of us?

hamchan

None of this sounds like calling him a horrible person.

Now spreading fake news about people being dead and picking up empty popcorn and soda cups from the trash like a hobo, that's being horrible! (and Dan knows it!)

Mr. F

Banned
I'll be the first to admit that I'm bored of Dan's heel persona but I don't hate the guy by any stretch. How could you loathe anyone who brought us this;

jeffearpfbu4.gif

Hmmm there's an alternate universe where Nick would've been on one of these had he not been a steaming pile of garbage, isn't there.

An alternate universe where that news blew up one or two weeks later, probably

Antiwhippy

Like I said, I know there are certain members who don't like him.

But unless they're actively posting while I'm asleep I dunno about constantly shitting.

Like I said, I know there are certain members who don't like him.

But unless they're actively posting while I'm asleep I dunno about constantly shitting.

It's all good man, I wasn't really trying to pick a fight with you or anything, and I probably shouldn't have spoken in near-absolutes like that.

I might just notice Dan getting shit on more too (in my perception) because he's always been cool to me the times I've talked to him.

Top Bottom