• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Lads
This TRII fan made remake looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-pPOEAXFO4
screen21.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching this Far Cry 5 gameplay on twitch and MAN I would love to hear the pitch Jeff was given about this game a few months ago about how its dark and serious and different

cause this shit is just fucking far cry

Hindl

Any footage in particular you can link me?
Two new looks, this is timestamped to the start of the level but the beginning of the video includes information from the director:
https://youtu.be/m_YeCMEDJMI?t=487

And here's another look that's showing off some secret moons in the same level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfudl0wETfY

Also shows off a lot of the stuff we already know, including the different currencies and costume stuff

Other interesting tidbit is there's no hub world. But this lacks a lot of platforming challenges and seems mildly interesting but not quite what I was hoping for. It does show off some cool movement abilities though

Hasney

Watching this Far Cry 5 gameplay on twitch and MAN I would love to hear the pitch Jeff was given about this game a few months ago about how its dark and serious and different

Yeah and while I'll love to shoot a bunch of cultist hicks, I just can't do that game again.

Yeah, this year's Gamescom is ZzZzZzZzZzZz. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy arrived just now as well. Looking forward to jumping in after Steal My Sunshine.

Who the fuck puts an unfolded poster in a parcel package that's meant to be ripped?
So, what games from this year do you guys have on your GOTY backlog? I want to play Nier, and I have to wrap up BOTW.
Just Nioh. Otherwise, I've been finishing games at a steady pace. I don't think I'll give Kiwami the attention even though I'm getting it Day 1. I'll just play it in short bursts because the reason I put Nioh on the side was because of Yakuza 0 and I don't want to do that to the other games that will be coming out.(plus I've already played Yakuza 1 technically)

people are fuckin scared

Did anyone in the UK receive their Murder Island t-shirt yet...?

I got mine a few days ago. I had a tracking number so, I don't know which shipping you(which might indicate how faster or slower the delivery is).
Two new looks, this is timestamped to the start of the level but the beginning of the video includes information from the director:

Also shows off a lot of the stuff we already know, including the different currencies and costume stuff

Other interesting tidbit is there's no hub world. But this lacks a lot of platforming challenges and seems mildly interesting but not quite what I was hoping for. It does show off some cool movement abilities though

Whatever happens, Mario isn't tied to a fuckin FLUDD.

Seems okay (thank Christ you're not kicked out of the world with every moon you get), but also bogged down by a lot of stuff. Like, I don't know what the outfit stuff adds to the game with how it's implemented.

"There are also some items that can only be bought in one particular branch of the store, so if you see a Crazy Cap store, be sure to visit it."

Does having to go to a specific clothing store in a specific world to be able to even try a challenge really make the game better? I'm sure the game will be fine since there's no sign of any Sunshine-tier, shitty, gimmicky game design (unless they get really out of control with motion controls or the NPCs you possess), but I can already imagine the potential for grind and "how am I supposed to know that shit" moons.

They talk about it almost immediately after where that first video is time stamped, but jesus, I (wrongly) assumed all of Mario Odyssey was going to be like the city part I saw in the reveal video and seeing the weird bright cooking level first threw me off.

EDIT - The delicious pink stuff is lava?!?! NOOOOOOOO.

DOUBLE EDIT - Reflecting upon video games watching this video -- It's kind of stupid to turn you into a fire ball for 30 seconds just to do one platform section up a cliff, just to say "YOU TURNED INTO A FIRE BALL!"

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, this year's Gamescom is ZzZzZzZzZzZz. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy arrived just now as well. Looking forward to jumping in after Steal My Sunshine.

Who the fuck puts an unfolded poster in a parcel package that's meant to be ripped?

I kind of wish I got a half-ripped poster with my copy of Uncharted. I got mine yesterday but haven't touched it yet. Might dig in this weekend, though I really want to finish Nier.

kinda wanna sell my Switch. I haven't touched it since Zelda and Mario looks very unappealing to me and there's nothing else announced that I really wanna play super badly except Metroid Prime but that's not coming out until 2020.

So eventually I gave up on trying to preorder the SNES Classic and turned off notifications for them. Did another round ever go up on the retailer sites?

kinda wanna sell my Switch. I haven't touched it since Zelda and Mario looks very unappealing to me and there's nothing else announced that I really wanna play super badly except Metroid Prime but that's not coming out until 2020.

Are you that strapped for cash that you need to sell it? Even if you don't have anything to play now, why not just keep it? You'll just have to rebuy it again anyways, and you already have it. I've never stood this type of mentality. I don't sell any consoles or games. Ever. The small amount of money I might save isn't worth it in my opinion.

Are you that strapped for cash that you need to sell it? Even if you don't have anything to play now, why not just keep it? You'll just have to rebuy it again anyways, and you already have it. I've never stood this type of mentality. I don't sell any consoles or games. Ever. The small amount of money I might save isn't worth it in my opinion.

I would not rebuy it for Metroid, to be clear. It's just the only reason I can think of not to sell it. To me the question is why NOT sell it if there's nothing coming for it that I can't live without?

So eventually I gave up on trying to preorder the SNES Classic and turned off notifications for them. Did another round ever go up on the retailer sites?

No. and probably won't for a while. It's not worth living in fear. I'm done trying to give Nintendo my money, they clearly don't want it, so I'll be happy to play some of my backups on PC through emulators that are much better than any emulated mini system Nintendo can produce

patapuf

I just finished, hellblade and i'm with Abby. "It's fine".

It does some great things with presentation and audio. The story is well told, though i think the conclusion is a bit eh.

It's also a good overview of Nordic mythology.

But the mechanics really drag by the end. With a bit more depth, this could have been great.

I would not rebuy it for Metroid, to be clear. It's just the only reason I can think of not to sell it. To me the question is why NOT sell it if there's nothing coming for it that I can't live without?

Because you already have it, and you know you'll want to come back to it at some point or another. I was done with Zelda after I beat it, and wasn't going to get the DLC, but once it came out and I realized what the DLC was, I had fun playing through that stuff and now I get to wait till Dec when the 2nd part comes out and pick it back up. If I sold it, I'd have to rebuy it again (and the saves don't copy, so I'd lose my save). Its just not worth it.

Gaming is my hobby, since I was 3 in '87 I've grown up with gaming, and I would never get rid of or sell my stuff, it's what I enjoy and hold dear. It'll donate or give game stuff away if I have multiple copies of something (I do this with console versions of game that I have steam copies of) but I wouldn't just get rid of it because nothing is coming out right this second. Dude, the switch is only a few months old. Of course there are things planned that we don't know about, just because there is nothing now, doesn't mean there isn't going to be stuff later on. Remember how everyone said the 3DS was going to tank Nintendo? and then it's got the best library now... that took some time for it to happen.

But hey, if you don't want it, and someone else will benefit from you not wanting to keep it, then heck go for it I guess... I just don't think selling them is really all that worth it, especially if you cant backup or transfer saves. To me my game saves are like memories and that is more important to me than the money I'd get from selling it.

Mupod

man, I keep seeing new stuff added to Monster Hunter World that sounds like a direct response to a lot of Brad's recurring complaints. Weapon trees in-game, item descriptions stating what monster/part to break to get them, etc. It sucks that the 'teach me MH' feature never went anywhere last time but this could be the one?

Top Bottom