• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Joeku

That bad director who was doing the third Star Wars isn't doing it anymore and now everyone is hoping the bad director who is doing the second Star Wars will do it.

Hey, if he's able to make Bruce Willis look like he's giving a shit, he's got to have some talent.

Catvoca

Banned
Watching Brick, The Brothers Bloom, and Looper.
tumblr_ororpj3RKC1r0zalso1_400.gif

TraBuch

Banned
I've got a hot take for you.

Star Trek Beyond is more entertaining than any Star Wars ever and they should probably get Justin Lin to direct IX.

Hindl

Hot take

Star Wars is meh but the good costume design and advanced special effects for 1977 make people think the franchise doesn't have the depth of a puddle

kai3345

Banned
Hot take

Star Wars is meh but the good costume design and advanced special effects for 1977 make people think the franchise doesn't have the depth of a puddle

normal person take

star wars are just dumb fun movies that people think way too much about

What's amazing about Looper is that anytime the words "is a bad movie" follow, I just see "is one of the best damn movies of the 21st century". I then knod my head in agreement knowing the person who said that is probably a handsome and intelligent person.

Alex's tweets about Ryan

I, too, think about Ryan a lot. I still enjoy Giant Bomb, the current personalities and the things they do, but I let old Giant Bomb material play in the background a lot and Ryan was simply inimitable. Irreplaceable. I still laugh so hard at things he did and said years ago that I've already heard dozens of times. More and more I realize it was largely his magnetic personality alone that brought me to Giant Bomb in the first place, particularly his interest in artfully ravaging and laughing gleefully at games like Garshasp and anything on Kinect.

ryseing

Hot take

I'd agree with you if Empire wasn't one of the greatest movies ever made.

However, there are more mediocre/bad Star Wars than there are good ones.

I could buy Knack and Knack 2 for the price of one $60 game...

But I'll wait for the winter lul. Sure, they'll be discounted sooner or later...

In other news, Kiwami is excellent (not as good as Zero) but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Honorable mention

Top Bottom