• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTA

Does post count matter that much? I've been a member since around 2001 but mostly lurk...so would I be denied an invite on those grounds alone? Hell I've never even been banned.

Though I guess it's moot as I rarely use discord anyways.

Giant Bomb is cool </ontopic>

Damn thats cold. Didn't think post count was so important. No wonder I don't post here much. Hope you are staying.

So uhh what do you guys think of Dan's Odyssey review?

Understand that it’s reasonable to be wary of inviting people who are lurkers (though it’s up to Yami and the Discord staff and I don’t think they’ve been that picky) because anyone with nothing to lose might be someone who’s just hankering to raid it.

Also, do know that the Discord (as fun as it is) that you’re all trying to join cannot get you an invite to the new forum, so if that’s your aim you’re better off doing that through another community.

defusal

Understand that it's reasonable to be wary of inviting people who are lurkers (though it's up to Yami and the Discord staff and I don't think they've been that picky) because anyone with nothing to lose might be someone who's just hankering to raid it.

Also, do know that the Discord (as fun as it is) that you're all trying to join cannot get you an invite to the new forum, so if that's your aim you're better off doing that through another community.

I understand completely with whats been going on. Thanks for putting it better than the other guy. Will wait for signups to open again as was asleep the first time. From other discords i'm in expecting either today or tomorrow.

Invites have been going to active members of the various communities.

A post every 9 days does not meet that criteria.

Do you exclusively define that criteria then? Basing it just on join date and post count to determine how active I am on a forum thread which is about a completely different website doesn't seem very smart.

In other news cant wait for GoTY discussion this year with these two Nintendo heavyweights amongst other stuff.

It’s pointless asking for an invite. If you ain’t in the discord or in contact with the right people you ain’t getting in.

You’re not “important” enough. Oh and when open registrations start you’ll become a “junior” member so the existing members will know you weren’t important enough so good luck trying to break in the clique.

Some members on this forum think they’re more important or their post is more valid than a junior member, and it’s only post count that separates you. On the new forum it’ll be whether you were in the “clique”.

There’s a honeymoon period but true colours will be shown....

My personal opinion is if you’re that unhappy here just go, nothing is forcing you to post on a gaming forum lol.

Honey, you need to take a seat. Tired of seeing you spew your bile here and in the sticky. The only requirement for a Discord invite initially was being an active member of GAF and/or a community. There is no damn clique or secret group. If you made friends with people through typical, social behavior on GAF, you knew someone who could vouch for you. It was the best way to get the community migrated without trolls and certain people trying to abuse the system.

I was going hard with promo yesterday when the invites went public for a short time. People had a shot and because 7,000 were registered in a short amount of time, and because the forum has now outgrown (she’s biONIC) GAF, they had to close registration for the time being. They’re slowly trying to get in Europe GAF today because of the time difference.

Nobody is better than anyone else, but when just approved GAF members, who are being let in because the current base is bleeding dry, want an invite to the new Era forum, they have to wait because they have no way to be vetted. It’s a huge process trying to migrate thousands of refugees in an organized matter. Era did it so wel, it was extremely smooth and that was just one evening of trying to shuffle people in.

Open registration will happen soon, and honestly, you could have moved over too but instead you’re acting bitter because it doesn’t seem like you were proactive. So now you’re doing damage control for something that even Evilore isn’t doing proper damage control on.

But stay pressedT.

Oakinn

Damn thats cold. Didn't think post count was so important. No wonder I don't post here much. Hope you are staying.

So uhh what do you guys think of Dan's Odyssey review?

It's not. Lots of lurkers got into the discord. But as was mentioned below, nearly everyone is migrating to the new site. Open reg should be there soon. And if you're worried about being accepted take a look at the forum there now and put those worries to rest. Hope to see you there soon.

Oakinn

The only way in was thru any discord community. GBGAF discord did not participate in it. The members you are there now got in thru other communities (halo, steam, etc etc) or thru the open reg that was up for about ten minutes. Supposedly open reg is coming back soon.

Reckheim

Where did everyone get their invite for resetera?

Been here since 2005 i'd like to think i earned my spot there.

Through discord (chat app). I don't have a link to it but you can look it up. Join up, and if you've been here for a while people will vouch for you and you'll eventually get an invite.

Edit: supposedly GBGAF wasnt part of it. we're you an active poster in any other big OT's?

Hey everyone.

I won't be making any drama regarding the state of GAF, but I would like an invite as well if it's possible. I'm not sure where else to ask for it.

Or is it completely closed off at the moment? It's not too clear tbh.

How the fuck am I troll.

YOU guys are trolling by spamming discord/invite shit.

Yo y'all got anymore of them GB discord invites? Hit me up dude. You said you had some to spare and now you won't give them the to anyone.

How about that Mario review. Do you think Dan liked getting invites to the discord. Monty is super good at derailing the thread when he said he would give out invites. Total bosom buddies with evil loser. Total failure at giving out invites.

Hit me with the good shit invites. Reset godra 4 life. Too sweet me with those invites. My life for invites to era and GB discord. Such a loser Monty no life is. Pay a chick to breathe on you nerd.

Airbar

Neo Member
So wait, post count here on GAF is determining if I can get into resetera? Seems awkward. And not in an endearing way.

Airbar

Neo Member
this is not the case

to anyone wondering the forum will open up to new users in the near future.
Yeah, but marking everyone who registers the normal way as a junior right away is not really ... well open-minded kinda. I'm not a heavy poster but having to start at zero again is kinda killing my interest in joining.

I did already switch to Era for reading topics. But there's again a post limit, this time 200 posts ... yeah I guess I will just lurk.

Any chance of me getting an invite? The only times I ever strayed away from Off Topic was to wander into Giant Bomb threads T_T

I've come to terms with waiting for reset to open up generally, I just want to chat about GB

Raiden

Banned
Through discord (chat app). I don't have a link to it but you can look it up. Join up, and if you've been here for a while people will vouch for you and you'll eventually get an invite.

Edit: supposedly GBGAF wasnt part of it. we're you an active poster in any other big OT's?

No not really, i just post here and there. Mostly OT.

But hey thanks! Just installed the app ill check it out a bit.

Reckheim

You guys win.

This thread is dead now.

Hope you're happy.

To the official GB forums I go.

people moved on, there was no fight. You just seemed to be in denial.

Edit: all that people were trying to do in this thread is to inform the giant bomb community about the move.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Guys, nobody actually gives a shit how much you posted on here. If you're good people, you're welcome.

Open registration is up in a matter of days, it's all going to be fine.

You guys win.

This thread is dead now.

Hope you're happy.

To the official GB forums I go.

And honestly, even you are welcome if you simply leave that inflammatory attitude at the door.

Sorry if I'm late to all this but I was invited and got into the gbgaf discord but now it's no longer available.

Was there a mass banning or something.

I didn't even post anything

Telfo

Sorry if I'm late to all this but I was invited and got into the gbgaf discord but now it's no longer available.

There must have been. I posted several times yesterday and still apparently got kicked out for no reason

_Legacy_

Yeah, I was in the GAF GB Discord last night and my invite must have run out or something?

Yeah the invite codes were timed and there was a limited window for groups to use them and register (for security reasons). Don't worry you only have to wait a few days.

bakedpony

I was always lurking here even if I don't post, great place to read discussions about GB content. I hope people like me will get those secret codes...

Yeah the invite codes were timed and there was a limited window for groups to use them and register (for security reasons). Don't worry you only have to wait a few days.

Thank you for replying but there is one thing I still don't understand.

Will I be accepted into the gbgaf discord automatically in a few days, or will I need a new invite.

Not interested in getting membership to the new website.

_Legacy_

Thank you for replying but there is one thing I still don't understand.

Will I be accepted into the gbgaf discord automatically in a few days, or will I need a new invite.

Not interested in getting membership to the new website.

I'm not sure to be honest, from what I understand, the invite into the discord commnunity can expire if not used. I'm not sure if/when more will be sent out, I'm not in that discord group anyway.

Won't be till open registration hits in a few days, but I look forward to talking with all of you about the best gaming site in the world, in our new home.

#GBeast

Yeah I was in the same boat. I never bothered with discord but now find myself without one of the two communities I actually enjoyed following on GAF. I'm happy to wait for Reset I just can't seem to join the GB discord

Breads

Banned
Nobody wanted things to end up this way. It takes a long time to migrate thousands of people and mitigate trolls. No method is perfect but in a matter of days/ weeks it will be sorted out and people will end up where they want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom