• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
How am I immature?

I've come to the GIANT BOMB thread to talk about GIANT BOMB.

Everyone else is breaking the fucking forum rules.

Calling people cunts, motherfuckers and the like is also breaking the rules, more than asking for an invite to a forum where our communitys are emigrating to.

Skullface

Calling people cunts, motherfuckers and the like is also breaking the rules, more than asking for an invite to a forum where our communitys are emigrating to.

Wanna bet he gets banned himself? I bet he thinks he's setting himself up to be a mod.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
How am I immature?

I've come to the GIANT BOMB thread to talk about GIANT BOMB.

Everyone else is breaking the fucking forum rules.

Telling users to “fuck off” and calling them “cunts” is also breaking the rules, champ.

SIR! SIR!! LOOK WHAT THIS BOY’S DOING!

pel1300

I've been around since the Gaming-age days.....my SN was "Grahf1" (Xenogears villain)...then when the forum became neogaf I made this new account.

I'd love to get access to resetERA somehow...I'm not jumping ship or anything. I'll continue visit neogaf daily as I have for the past several years. So if anyone can offer me any help or suggestions on how, please let me know...I don't have a paid e-mail account...I made this account with my workplace e-mail from an old job.

Why are all of you even here?

To find out where GB-ers are migrating to. Turns out it's to the same place GB themselves are checking out. Asking for access to a GB-related discord is more on-topic than most of your recent posts.

You don't have to like that people are leaving but stomping your feet and swearing at people over it is hardly going to convince people to stay.

On topic: Giant Bomb has a bomb in the logo

Meneses

I'm not signing up for Discord, which seems to be the way invites are given out, so i'll just wait until regular registration opens in the other forum.

Just live and let live, man.

OCD Guy

It’s pointless asking for an invite. If you ain’t in the discord or in contact with the right people you ain’t getting in.

You’re not “important” enough. Oh and when open registrations start you’ll become a “junior” member so the existing members will know you weren’t important enough so good luck trying to break in the clique.

Some members on this forum think they’re more important or their post is more valid than a junior member, and it’s only post count that separates you. On the new forum it’ll be whether you were in the “clique”.

There’s a honeymoon period but true colours will be shown....

My personal opinion is if you’re that unhappy here just go, nothing is forcing you to post on a gaming forum lol.

Bishop89

I'm not signing up for Discord, which seems to be the way invites are given out, so i'll just wait until regular registration opens in the other forum.

Just live and let live, man.

you dont need to 'sign up' if you get invited fyi.

only if you want to secure your name on it

You're not ”important" enough. Oh and when open registrations start you'll become a ”junior" member so the existing members will know you weren't important enough so good luck trying to break in the clique.
297.png
Man, who pissed in your cornflakes lol. Every time I've seen you post recently you've been telling people why they shouldn't want to go to the other forum and it's all on some "oh just you wait" nonsense or twisting of the facts to suit your agenda. There's a perfectly valid reason as to why everything isn't open at the moment, and why the rollout happened as it did.

It’s pointless asking for an invite. If you ain’t in the discord or in contact with the right people you ain’t getting in.

You’re not “important” enough. Oh and when open registrations start you’ll become a “junior” member so the existing members will know you weren’t important enough so good luck trying to break in the clique.

Some members on this forum think they’re more important or their post is more valid than a junior member, and it’s only post count that separates you. On the new forum it’ll be whether you were in the “clique”.

There’s a honeymoon period but true colours will be shown....

My personal opinion is if you’re that unhappy here just go, nothing is forcing you to post on a gaming forum lol.

LOL wut? huge chunks of the Discord guys didn't even get in.
There isn't even a junior tag there.

Anung

Un Rama
The ๖ۜBronx;252868086 said:
Man, who pissed in your cornflakes lol. Every time I've seen you post recently you've been telling people why they shouldn't want to go to the other forum and it's all on some "oh just you wait" nonsense or twisting of the facts to suit your agenda. There's a perfectly valid reason as to why everything isn't open at the moment, and why the rollout happened as it did.

The irony is that he's so blinded by the perceived toxicity of others that he himself is one of most toxic people posting here right now.

OCD Guy

The ๖ۜBronx;252868086 said:

Agenda? Honestly if NeoGAF dies or reset dies or if they both become the biggest gaming forums on the planet it won’t effect me.

The only thing that’s slightly irritating is the way the majority of threads on this forum are de-railed.

Especially with members who claim they were waiting to join another forum before leaving here, yet they’re still here clogging up the threads.

Yes they can do what they want, but if this forum is so bad why would they stay?

I’m asking myself the same question by the way, and if things remain the way they are this forum won’t be worth staying either.

OCD Guy

LOL wut? huge chunks of the Discord guys didn't even get in.
There isn't even a junior tag there.

There’s not at the moment. That’s the point. Everyone who’s there already is granted “member” status.

There is a junior process that will be in place once public registrations start.

That will initially highlight who was part of the “important” first wave or not.

From the faq:

In order to move from being a Junior Member to a full Member, two conditions must be met: (1) 120 days must have passed since your account was approved and (2) you must have made at least 200 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will automatically be upgraded to Member status.

Agenda? Honestly if NeoGAF dies or reset dies or if they both become the biggest gaming forums on the planet it won't effect me.
That doesn't really mesh with you running around threads telling people why ERA is going to end up bad based on some loose assumptions and a generally negative attitude. You act like you really don't like the idea of people leaving, having fun and forming a strong community there.

OCD Guy

The ๖ۜBronx;252868302 said:
That doesn't really mesh with you running around threads telling people why ERA is going to end up bad based on some loose assumptions and a generally negative attitude. You act like you really don't like the idea of people leaving, having fun and forming a strong community there.

But it’s ok for people to do the same here?

Not everyone is pro Evilore or pro sexual harrasment, nazi, racist and sexist and many people have labelled anyone that stays here as those things.

Honestly the people posting explicit material and calling everyone names are more than welcome to leave.

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick with your “you act like really don’t like the idea of people leaving”.

It’s the complete opposite for me, I’m desperate for
those people to leave so the forums become normal.

People can voice their opinions but I’d prefer it if they didn’t create click bait threads using gaming titles to get their point across. Make the title obvious at least.

Anung

Un Rama
I've brought you guys up in one of the discords. Hopefully we can sort something out for you guys or at least try.

When a ship is sinking, nobody talks about the ship. They talk about how the fuck to get off and where to go next.

It's weird that some people care more about neogaf's name and not the people that made it what it is.

See you all in the Era GB thread.

Dipper145

Always enjoy hearing Dan be super excited about something, so I'm looking forward to the mario QL and review.

It'll be like when he talks about wrestling, except I'll understand it!

But it’s ok for people to do the same here?

Not everyone is pro Evilore or pro sexual harrasment, nazi, racist and sexist and many people have labelled anyone that stays here as those things.

Honestly the people posting explicit material and calling everyone names are more than welcome to leave.

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick with your “you act like really don’t like the idea of people leaving”.

It’s the complete opposite for me, I’m desperate for
those people to leave so the forums become normal.

People can voice their opinions but I’d prefer it if they didn’t create click bait threads using gaming titles to get their point across. Make the title obvious at least.
Where have those people been in abundance in this thread? You're justifying how you're speaking to the majority by saying what the minority is saying.

Breads

Banned
I've PM'd Evilore about all y'all.

When you want to come back you'll be banned.

Rest assured I will look out for your alts to alert the mods to you crawling back.

low postcount troll gonna do their thang

What is our take-away supposed to be from you?

People are going to be banned if they want to leave?!?

Seventy70

It would kind of suck to lose 33 OTs worth of threads. So much history that would be lost. Is there a such thing as scraping all of it and copying it over?

Error1355

I'd love an invite to the discord/new stuff/etc etc.

I was in some discord yesterday but I seemingly not in it when I woke up this morning? :(

Error1355#1219

DarkCloud

Does post count matter that much? I've been a member since around 2001 but mostly lurk...so would I be denied an invite on those grounds alone? Hell I've never even been banned.

Though I guess it's moot as I rarely use discord anyways.

Giant Bomb is cool </ontopic>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom