• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
EU is where we get the horse tie fighter pilot right.

edit:

New nintendo knows exactly what they're doing.

DEDv6kaXgAAKszQ.jpg:large

Sometimes I wonder if Dan just says absurd things so Bombers will talk about him in here or in the comment sections.

I mean Europe dollars...

EUROPE DOLLARS???

daveo42

Banned
Australia is known more for Drop Bears and landscaped designed by the devil himself to murder you than hoppy pouched boxers.

Edit:
3286245477_8bb0cb5326.jpg

Hindl

Splatoon 2 looks great. Nothing too mind-blowing, but looks like it builds on the foundation of the first game like a good sequel should

Fireblend

Banned
I started playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth yesterday and it's pretty much a Persona game with a Digimon coat of paint.

It's pretty good you guys.

Oh and Splatoon 2 looks dope. It having a rhythm mini-game is a nice cherry on top.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I talk crap about the games I like, what about that? It's called being a Capcom-fan.

edit: Am I a Jeff!?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
RyanD is leading the Robo name incentive for the Chrono Trigger run at SGDQ right now. Id have to imagine thats a shoutout to Ryan Davis.

Antiwhippy

Thanks. Liking it so far!

Gave Hatsune Miku playlist a try and I just couldn't... I couldn't.

I mean I mostly posted that as a joke lol, even if I do like quite a bit of it.

I'll just say though, vocaloid is more about the producer really. I mean it's literally just a voice library. It's not about it being "Hatsune Miku" and it's more about how the producer utlises the sound samples.

I like sasakura uk quite a bit myself. The ones that don't even try to make it sound like a real voice works the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlyQu4LGyxo

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm still listening to the Nex Machina soundtrack which is also on Spotify.
Still the best OST of the year, maybe followed by Prey

Edit: Splatoon 2 might be up there as well.

EU is where we get the horse tie fighter pilot right.

edit:

New nintendo knows exactly what they're doing.

I wish I could wear a zipper as big as my hand

Since it came out I thought for sure Persona 5 was going to win best style but I just realized Cuphead is releasing this year too, no way that game doesnt win it.

Antiwhippy

I'm still listening to the Nex Machina soundtrack which is also on Spotify.
Still the best OST of the year, maybe followed by Prey

Edit: Splatoon 2 might be up there as well.

Wait, so we agree on dustforce and splatoon but not nier & persona.

Why must we have such differences.

Excited to get into Splatoon 2 since I skipped the first one due to my Wii U being in a closet.

Same here, except I skipped it cause I barely played my Wii U (and was back into WoW). I had a great time with the global testfire though, probably going to take a day off to make it a 3 day weekend when it comes out :D.

I need to play Nex Machina... everyone is talking about how good it is so I picked it up during the Steam sale but I have been trying to finish up Horizon... and playing HotS/PUBG of course. Not to mention Dead Cells, Hyper Light Drifter, etc etc.

So, in the last thread there was some talk about best moment of the year and I thought so far these were one of the best moments of the year

Resident Evil 7 -
I feel this has two best moments one being the first hour or so and the other involving a boss fight and a certain melee weapon.
Yakuza 0 -
Majima's Introduction by far which is hard to say believe it or not because the game is filled with best moments.

Night in the woods -
I wouldn't say best moment but many little humane, charming moments sprinkled throughout that make it memorable by the end. I expect Alex to be the only one to shine a light on this game.
Horizon Zero Dawn -
I'm kind of conflicted as the opening to this game is incredibly well done in that it sucks you in from the get go but I think I like the reveal of what the title of the game is just abit more.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -
It's weird to choose a best moment because it's moments that are created by yourself. However, I feel that the beginning of the game when you get out of the tomb REALLY reminded me of the "WOAH" moment when you escape the prison in Oblivion.

Nier: Automata -
FUCKING ROUTE C.

What Remains of Edith Finch -
Man, this is a hard one. There are like 3 top tier moments that concerns 3 characters. I think my favorite is Barbara's story though, the entire framing and execution of it is just too fucking good. They nailed the aesthetics and atmosphere.

Prey -
The first hour of Prey is incredible and it would've been best moment to me if it weren't for the game having enough freedom for you to tackle things in so many ways, not to mention, you could kill off important characters or leave them alive and both impact the story/game in different ways.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS -
CHICKEN DINNER

I find these are the best moments so far in games this year from the fuck tons of games I played. I really want to play Thimbleweed Park & The Silver Case though before we get into another wave of many other games releasing.

Really enjoyed the playdate, knew Vinny would fuck around with it. If only he knew the things you could do later in the game when you get more abilities. MAN.
Drew's Eurovision video is so fun. He really conveys how fun traveling and discovering new places can be.

It looks like a ton of fun and lol following people is EXACTLY what I do whenever I travel anywhere.
Btw. what's wrong with the E-Mail podcast? I think it's pretty interesting and a chill listen.

Nothing was wrong with it. It was good to me, enjoyed the laid back nature of it.
Don't really want to open a new thread for this, but has anybody here bought Thumper, Wonder Boy or Oceanhorn on Switch? I still need some games for my trip, just curious if there are any performance problems (or other problems).
I tried the Disgaea Demo but I think that game is too Japanese for me.

Wonder Boy is a hell of a remake. Get it if you want some challenging, 2D action that is an absolute joy to look at.
^ spoiler tag pls. i basically ignored your post.

I don't think I spoiled anything because I left everything out except for character names or something that concerns a certain game's title but sure.

daveo42

Banned
DM, I agree on the HZD bit related to the meaning the title has in-game. I'd add:

Gravity Rush 2 - This one is hard for me, because I loved a lot of the moments in GR2. The entirety of the Eto Chapter, but mainly
the final boss "section" and seeing Kat's past
. Alternatively, I'd include
your arrival at Jirga Para Lhao
and end game:
the epilogue with Raven

Persona 5 - Also a few here and all late game, either
looping back around to the beginning with the reveal or the SMT-style ending section

I also realize I haven't played too many 2017 games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom