• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special J

Banned
brad muir thinking about alllllll this

harriet_tubman.jpg

DaBuddaDa

For those wanting to buy the game, you really should set up a email alert on Amazon, as last time it was stocked it sold out in 15 minutes

On their PAX panel the guy they had from CAH said there would be a ridiculously large amount of copies available soon, so the supply issues should disappear.

Noaloha

Fun show.

I think my favourite play of the evening was [paraphrasing]:

"During an LSD trip, I managed to turn a lifetime of poor choices into a really sweet hat."

panda21

Is it over already? Yet another 1hour and a bit TNT? It seems like since they moved they can't be bothered anymore...

Who needs to produce video content when you have floor windows?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
For those wanting to buy the game, you really should set up a email alert on Amazon, as last time it was stocked it sold out in 15 minutes

I don't see that option. Anyway I would hope they'd respond better to the supply issue than that. I really want this game.

Awesome TNT.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is it over already? Yet another 1hour and a bit TNT? It seems like since they moved they can't be bothered anymore...

I have never made it all the way through a TNT. They are way too long for what they are. I can listen to 3 hours of bombcast easy, but the content in TNTs is not nearly as good, it just starts to drag after an hour.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Considering that both of their video producers are currently out of the office I'd say it's not a big deal.

Patrick should rappel down the side of the Gamespot building from that window.

Tantalus

Neo Member
I thought this length of TNT was fine. Any longer and I think it might have began to drag a bit. And once again it was hilarious. Watching the two TNTs they have done for Cards Against Humanity has convinced me to purchase a deck as soon as possible.

I thought this length of TNT was fine. Any longer and I think it might have began to drag a bit. And once again it was hilarious. Watching the two TNTs they have done for Cards Against Humanity has convinced me to purchase a deck as soon as possible.

There was another one?

It was an hour and half. Not too short.

Having it start an hour earlier might have messed with your internal clock a bit though.

On the latest Tested podcast, Will said there is plans to do another Lantern Run in coming weeks. It could have happened next week, but their times did not match up - so it is set for the future. Hooray!

I still believe the two previous ones (one, two) is the best content on the site.

Loxley

I just got done watching the panel...not one of their best. Now, I like Alex, but man he was a weird addition to the panel. He made a lot of awkward jokes that went nowhere, and none of the guests in particular really added anything interesting. Don't get me wrong, Cards Against Humanity is great, and I'm all for pimping card/table top games, but the whole segment just felt weird.

And yeah, what the fuck was with Ghost Recon guy? He seriously sounded like he was one step away from putting a gun to his head if they didn't agree then and there to interview him. The whole damn thing was just weird man.

Prrrrrrrestidigitation

SmithnCo

On the latest Tested podcast, Will said there is plans to do another Lantern Run in coming weeks. It could have happened next week, but their times did not match up - so it is set for the future. Hooray!

I still believe the two previous ones (one, two) is the best content on the site.

Haha, they're going to have to relearn some of it since they've not tried it in a while. Should be hilarious.

I just got done watching the panel...not one of their best. Now, I like Alex, but man he was a weird addition to the panel. He made a lot of awkward jokes that went nowhere, and none of the guests in particular really added anything interesting. Don't get me wrong, Cards Against Humanity is great, and I'm all for pimping card/table top games, but the whole segment just felt weird.

And yeah, what the fuck was with Ghost Recon guy? He seriously sounded like he was one step away from putting a gun to his head if they didn't agree then and there to interview him. The whole damn thing was just weird man.

Prrrrrrrestidigitation

gratz.

icX3PNH9sEuYB.gif

Random question. Anyone know which happy hour had ZHP?

LCfiner

I enjoy the CAH shows but i find myself thinking some of the guys are either hamming it up for the camera or are way too sensitive about the things written on the cards.

I just don't see how these guys can really be that nervous or embarrassed about saying the stuff on the cards. We all know that none of it truly reflects on the person. it's just some politically incorrect humor that's completely randomized.

Maybe this says more about me than them. I dunno. I guess if I can listen to Louis CK talk - in excruciating, shameful hilarious detail - about getting the saddest handjob in the world from his wife for a 5 minute bit, I can listen to a guy use the phrase "sad handjob" in a non-sequitor, one-liner joke without flipping the fuck out.

Although when something completely golden comes up like this:

"The Vatican has a secret room devoted to...jerking off into a pool of childrens' tears."

I can still lose my shit. I'm only human, after all

Gowans

Will mentioned on the Tested Podcast they might be going in over the next few weeks to have another shot at the Lantern Run.

<3 <3 <3 :) !!!!!

I enjoy the CAH shows but i find myself thinking some of the guys are either hamming it up for the camera or are way too sensitive about the things written on the cards.

I just don't see how these guys can really be that nervous or embarrassed about saying the stuff on the cards. We all know that none of it truly reflects on the person. it's just some politically incorrect humor that's completely randomized.

Maybe this says more about me than them. I dunno. I guess if I can listen to Louis CK talk - in excruciating, shameful hilarious detail - about getting the saddest handjob in the world from his wife for a 5 minute bit, I can listen to a guy use the phrase "sad handjob" in a non-sequitor, one-liner joke without flipping the fuck out.

Although when something completely golden comes up like this:

"The Vatican has a secret room devoted to...jerking off into a pool of childrens' tears."

I can still lose my shit. I'm only human, after all
I agree. I'd say all that shit no problem. Hell, there are tons more offensive things that could be written on those cards (racist/homophobic etc) and in the context of the game I'd have no problem saying them.

They're probably conscious that, for lack of a better word, they're somewhat celebrities in the gaming journalism and have thousands of people watching them, but eh. I still don't think Brad should get so hung up on the things he says in a game designed to create offensive statements.

If any viewers get offended they're fucking morons.

derFeef

Vinny had a really nasty card in the first video, I can totally understand his uncomfort and why one would not want to say such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom